Tyreek Hill Needs To Stop ...

KRL

21 minutes ago, KRL said:

Having earned the nickname "Cheetah," Hill has long been the league's foremost threat at blowing the top off an opposing defense. But last year, he recorded his shortest average route depth (12.6 yards) since 2017 and had his lowest air yards per target (10.4) since his rookie season, according to Next Gen Stats. His yards per reception dropped to 11.2 -- more than four yards off his average between 2017-2020.

Say hello to Tua Tagovailoa 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, KRL said:

"I don't care about notoriety, though," Hill said. "I don't care about none of that. The only thing I care about is respect within the building. Notoriety outside the building, I don't care about none of that, man. Because none of that ain't gonna win us games on Sunday. … This is what I want inside the building. I want the head coach to know that on Sundays, that defenses fear Tyreek Hill. That's what I want the head coach to know. And the head coach do know that, though. He know that without the Cheetah on the field, he know that, 'Hey, Pat you're gonna have a long day today.'"

LOL

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

If you paid me $30 million dollars a year, I'd say Brooks Bollinger is a better QB than Tom Brady with as straight a face as you've ever seen.

AF. Come on now Brooks Bollinger that’s an easy one to keep a straight face. Try doing it with Christian Hackenburg for 30 million 

• Haha 3

The part where he claims Tua is more accurate than Mahomes, despite all facts to the contrary, is my favorite part.  Way to throw shade at the guy who made you look so good you got that massive contract and never said a bad word about you.  

It's a shame MIA doesn't play KC this year.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, nycdan said:

The part where he claims Tua is more accurate than Mahomes, despite all facts to the contrary, is my favorite part.  Way to throw shade at the guy who made you look so good you got that massive contract and never said a bad word about you.  

It's a shame MIA doesn't play KC this year.  

Meh.  Calling someone more accurate isn't calling them better.

Hang a tire from a tree and Tua would probably throw through it more times than Pat from 15 yards.

It's the field vision that makes Pat special. 

My prediction is before the end of September Hill will have one of the
following "blow ups" with Tua:

- He'll say something in the media
- He'll have a verbal altercation on the sideline
- He'll throw his helmet
- Or after running a deep route he'll throw up his hands in disgust

• Upvote 1

A true superstar WR, IMO. Never seen someone with that kind of speed.

It's legitimately hilarious that he was upset running shorter routes and catching a lot of underneath stuff last year though. Playing with Tua isn't going to restore his deep threat, field stretching ability. His entire role, despite not being defended the same way, will be shorter stuff.

4 hours ago, KRL said:

Hill is a dynamic WR and one of the top playmakers in the game.  But this
nonsense he's putting out since moving to MIA is ridiculous.  When exactly
was he not used properly in KC?:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/3116406/tyreek-hill

https://www.nfl.com/news/wr-tyreek-hill-on-kansas-city-exit-the-only-thing-i-care-about-is-respect-within

The talk in the two and a half months since the Kansas City Chiefs shipped Tyreek Hill's talents to South Beach has revolved around Hill's fit in the Miami Dolphins offense and Kansas City's approach to replacing the game-breaking wide receiver.

On the debut episode of his It Needed To Be Said podcast, Hill was happy to circle back and discuss what led to the dissolution of his relationship with the Chiefs in the first place.

"If teams are gonna give us favorable one-on-one matches against their best corner, I don't see why teams don't utilize their best receiver," Hill said, per Pro Football Talk. "And that's where probably like me and the Chiefs fell apart right there. When I'm like, 'Yo, I don't mean to talk or be a diva in some situation, but can I see the pill some time, please? Just give me the ball, please.' "

Hill's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, who appeared on the podcast, reiterated the feeling that Hill's talents were occasionally wasted by the Chiefs in 2021.

"There was a lot of times during the year that we felt that Tyreek was underutilized and wasn't fully appreciated, and that [the Chiefs] really weren't taking full advantage of all of his ability and talent," Rosenhaus said. "But Tyreek is a trooper. He never made a peep about it. He was extremely professional."

There's certainly no shortage of No. 1 wide receivers throughout NFL history who have perceived themselves as target-starved, but does Hill's claim have merit?

Hill had five games with five or fewer targets in 2021, compared with only one such game in 2020. However, he had 10 games with double-digit targets (three more than in 2020), surpassed 100 receptions for the first time in his career and recorded a career-high 159 targets (24 more than in 2020). In fact, he finished the 2021 campaign with the seventh-most targets in the NFL.

Although Hill had more offensive opportunities last year than ever before, those looks were much different than in previous seasons. Having earned the nickname "Cheetah," Hill has long been the league's foremost threat at blowing the top off an opposing defense. But last year, he recorded his shortest average route depth (12.6 yards) since 2017 and had his lowest air yards per target (10.4) since his rookie season, according to Next Gen Stats. His yards per reception dropped to 11.2 -- more than four yards off his average between 2017-2020.

The diminished big-play capacity was a byproduct of defenses catering to the Chiefs' deep-passing offense by playing two-high safeties and forcing quarterback Patrick Mahomes to operate underneath. In the short term, the approach gave the Chiefs fits. Given the club's offseason moves, the long-term effect may have been a reprioritization of its offensive attack, which left Kansas City unwilling to meet Hill's contract wishes.

"I tried my best," Hill said. "I talked to the big man, (head coach) Andy Reid. I talked to the quarterback. I'm like, 'Look, can we make something happen? Can we make something happen? Can the guaranteed money make sense to me? Can it make sense to my family, please?' "

In the end, the money made the most sense elsewhere. The Chiefs traded Hill for five draft picks and opted to bolster their WR corps with JuJu Smith-Schuster and Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Hill received a four-year extension from Miami worth $120 million with $72.2 million guaranteed and what he perceives as a greater degree of respect.

"I don't care about notoriety, though," Hill said. "I don't care about none of that. The only thing I care about is respect within the building. Notoriety outside the building, I don't care about none of that, man. Because none of that ain't gonna win us games on Sunday. … This is what I want inside the building. I want the head coach to know that on Sundays, that defenses fear Tyreek Hill. That's what I want the head coach to know. And the head coach do know that, though. He know that without the Cheetah on the field, he know that, 'Hey, Pat you're gonna have a long day today.'"

Both sides have expressed early optimism in charting new territory absent the other for the first time in seven years. Only time will tell whose grass springs up greener.

Selective memory. Teams learned that playing man under 2 deep neutralized Hill and forced Mahomes to check it down more and try and play small ball. Hill's biggest strength is getting behind defenses deep and contrary to that one throw in the college championship the deep ball is not Tua's strength at the NFL level where corners and safeties can track down his floaters.  I suspect the Chiefs got away from Hill at the right time and glad we did not trade for him. I actually like Sauce, Wilson, JJ and Breece better than Hill, Sauce and JJ which is what we would have had with the trade. And yes part of that is because Hill is a scumbag.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CSNY said:

So Tyreek is complaining about the way Andy Ried a Hall of Fame coach utilized him when according to the article he was targeted the most times is his career and then goes on to say he doesn’t want to be known as a diva?  Tea Reaction GIF by Robert E BlackmonSounds kinda divaish to me Glad we didn’t sign this guy

While winning a Superbowl, if I'm not mistaken. 

Obviously those team accomplishments mean little to him judging by where he left and the destination he selected for more money. 

no doubt hill made the game interesting to watch.  the guy was great at getting open and then doing something once he had the ball.  his criticism of the chiefs is a little off.  if they used him less it's maybe because he wasn't as open as usual or another guy was getting open.  and they didn't re-sign him because they just can't have 30% of the salary cap going to two players.  it just doesn't work.