Two more accusers for Watson to bring total to 26?

AFJF

3 minutes ago, Jetty said:

Ben got 4 games and as far as we know this is still alleged. But I’m sure Watson is getting a year or more.

Fair. It was originally 6 then cut to 4. Point being both are alleged but 26 vs 1 has to get a year you would think

10 minutes ago, Jetty said:

Ben got 4 games and as far as we know this is still alleged. But I’m sure Watson is getting a year or more.

Ben was suspended 6 games and it was reduced to 4 so you are both right. Ben was also never found guilty of rape or sexual assault. So the charges against him were and remain "alleged." 

13 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its comical that this guys is allowed to be practicing with the team.  If mayfield was accused of this, he would have been suspended a looooooooooong time ago.

I'm not sure how that would go down.  Watson grabs his massage therapists.  Mayfield grabs his own junk. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Gonna need the hot takes from everyone that watches Law and Order SVU on these last four.

Ripped from the headlines....

Next season on L&O: SVU, disgraced QB Keshawn Matson accused of serial sexual abuse of masseuses, while Detective Tutuola struggles to reconcile his fandom with his sworn duty to uphold the law...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

Why weren't these latest lawsuits brought vs Watson last year with the other multitude of lawsuits? 

The same reason a majority of people that are sexually assaulted or raped do not.  They are embarrassed, shamed or whatever.    Rape and sexual assault are woefully under reported.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, PFSIKH said:

The same reason a majority of people that are sexually assaulted or raped do not.  They are embarrassed, shamed or whatever.    Rape and sexual assault are woefully under reported.

The only thing worse than being sexually assaulted by a celeb client, at a job you were excited to get beforehand, has to be the countless thousands of strangers then basically calling you a gold digger as you’ve put yourself out there in today's doxxing age, wondering if/when your name is going to get out there & some rando football fan is going to pay you a visit at home because his team's now losing with the backup QB. 

79 words in 1 sentence. Yay me. 

• Upvote 4

You’d think Cleveland would want to hold onto Mayfield because a good chance Watson won’t play and who else could start. But it doesn’t look like that could work out there is too much disconnect between him and the org. Just look at all the QBs the Browns have gone through in recent years. It was really crazy to trade for a guy like that. And then give him a 100% guaranteed contract. 

26 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

You’d think Cleveland would want to hold onto Mayfield because a good chance Watson won’t play and who else could start. But it doesn’t look like that could work out there is too much disconnect between him and the org. Just look at all the QBs the Browns have gone through in recent years. It was really crazy to trade for a guy like that. And then give him a 100% guaranteed contract. 

Mayfield would never put on a Cleveland uniform again under any circumstance.

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Mayfield would never put on a Cleveland uniform again under any circumstance.

What about the circumstance where he either puts it on or gives up $18M guaranteed? 

I don’t think either side wants to see it get there but, if that’s Mayfield’s choice, what choice does he have? 

Mind-boggling how Watson apparently doesn’t feel the slightest sense of remorse, contrition, or even embarrassment at the details of his sketchy predatory behavior and weird predilections going public.

I watched some of his introductory Browns press conference and the man sat there just completely stoic spitting out rehearsed lines.

The Browns basically don’t care if he’s a degenerate serial rapist so long as his suspension isn’t forever and they think he can get them a Lombardi.

• Upvote 1

On 6/14/2022 at 2:31 PM, Rangers9 said:

I’ve read a more than one Cleveland writer who have stated Mayfield will never take another snap. Jacoby looks good in week 2

He has settled 20 of 24 suits brought against him.

As a few of us stated long long long ago, he would make the problem go away with hush money settlements.  Oh he will still get a suspension but with the hush money payouts after that it will be clear sailing for this perv.

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

As a few of us stated long long long ago, he would make the problem go away with hush money settlements.  Oh he will still get a suspension but with the hush money payouts after that it will be clear sailing for this perv.

Earlier in this thread I stated that he would likely get a year - gotta say I am thinking I was way off on that and it would not shock me especially with the settlement that he is going to be in the 6-8 game range. I don't agree with it - but could be reality

25 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The burden of proof is more likely than not. A settlement sort of is by definition more likely than not. The tolerance of male sexual predation in this country is ludicrous. Watson should be banned for life. I am so tired of the rich and priviliged essentially being above the law. Good day to release it with most of the country focused on another rich priviliged scumbag.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

The burden of proof is more likely than not. A settlement sort of is by definition more likely than not. The tolerance of male sexual predation in this country is ludicrous. Watson should be banned for life. I am so tired of the rich and priviliged essentially being above the law. Good day to release it with most of the country focused on another rich priviliged scumbag.

Totally untrue. A settlement is merely a settlement. It proves nothing, either way. The law is very clear on that issue. 

The vast majority of civil lawsuits settle and not because the Defendant is at fault but because it is a better economic decision to do so. 

8 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Totally untrue. A settlement is merely a settlement. It proves nothing, either way. The law is very clear on that issue. 

The vast majority of civil lawsuits settle and not because the Defendant is at fault but because it is a better economic decision to do so. 

I would say that's an unprovable opinion.  Even if it wasn't there are plenty of civil lawsuits where companies and people did horendous damage and committed horrible crimes even if there wasn't enough evidence to get a conviction or bring it to criminal trial. 

I suspect the vast majority of the vast majority you're speaking to are insurance companies settleing for less than going to trial.   That's a very different calculation than Watson who wanted his day in court to clear his name paying money for nondisclosure.