Two more accusers for Watson to bring total to 26?

AFJF

On 6/14/2022 at 9:27 AM, Jetty said:

Ben got 4 games and as far as we know this is still alleged. But I’m sure Watson is getting a year or more.

I am a huge supporter of a person being innocent until PROVEN guilty. I also believe that many people are opportunistic treasure seekers. However, this is way, way too much smoke to ignore. I can see why a prosecutor would not press charges, we do have a multi layered justice system as we all know. Some football players got away with murder (s). I believe that these allegations should have been taken way more seriously than the authorities have taken them. I thank god every day that A-The Jets did not draft him and B-They did not seriously pursue him. 
I am also a strong believer that some sexual offenders or addicts, cannot be rehabilitated. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/14/2022 at 1:48 PM, PFSIKH said:

The same reason a majority of people that are sexually assaulted or raped do not.  They are embarrassed, shamed or whatever.    Rape and sexual assault are woefully under reported.

And if that isn’t reason enough, because as with some in this thread, some accuse the victims of being the predator.  Even with 26 or whatever accusers all telling a similar story, believe that they’re in it for the money and are making it up.  

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Watson will NOT get a year long suspension. The biggest suspension I see him getting is 6, which is close to ⅓ of the season. Not exactly the "happy ending" to this saga some were hoping for. 

He’s getting more than 6 games.  6 would start a shlt storm of criticism the NFL wants no part of by letting a serial sexual predator play 2/3rds of the season, collect 2/3rds of his pay

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Jet Nut said:

He’s getting more than 6 games.  6 would start a shlt storm of criticism the NFL wants no part of by letting a serial sexual predator play 2/3rds of the season, collect 2/3rds of his pay

The irony is that the amount of pay Watson would receive is negligible thanks to the Browns bending over the table on his deal.  His 2022 salary is $1M which is about $60k per game.  The whole approach the Browns took here is just flat-out disappointing.  They basically telegraphed to the world that they simply do not give a crap about any of this and are willing to eat almost all of the financial impact to Watson of any suspension.

• Upvote 4

28 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Watson will NOT get a year long suspension. The biggest suspension I see him getting is 6, which is close to ⅓ of the season. Not exactly the "happy ending" to this saga some were hoping for. 

Not a chance.  Public relations nightmare.  Even if the officer ruled 6 games , the NFL can and will extend it 

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, nycdan said:

The irony is that the amount of pay Watson would receive is negligible thanks to the Browns bending over the table on his deal.  His 2022 salary is $1M which is about $60k per game.  The whole approach the Browns took here is just flat-out disappointing.  They basically telegraphed to the world that they simply do not give a crap about any of this and are willing to eat almost all of the financial impact to Watson of any suspension.

I agree. I really don't think you can discount the urgency Brown's ownership felt after seeing the Bengals almost win the Super Bowl. They can tolerate the Steelers and Ravens, not Cincinatti. Thus the "we're all in at any cost" mentality.

12 minutes ago, nycdan said:

That’s why I don’t understand the people who say the Browns now have regret because of a year ban. They were expecting this all along 

22 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Agree but the general public isn’t even aware of the loophole the Browns added into his contract as if it was the right thing to do for Watson.  
I still can’t believe they guaranteed the entire contract.  I hope he gets at least a year suspension.  That would make 2 years without football.  I hope he sucks on his return.  That would be justice for him and the Browns

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Way to bold and underline a misspelled word to call even more attention to it.  Really made me excited to read the rest of your post.

What Don is saying is that he is PRO OVEN as opposed to PRO GRILL. I don't share that view point, especially with a nice Strip Steak or Flank.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

6 games after missing a year from football is appropriate, imho. Anymore games than that will surely get appealed.

You realize that part of the reason he didn't play last year was because he wanted out of Houston and let it be known that he would sit out the year if need be?

From pft last year: "I have been told by somebody that I trust that says 'Deshaun Watson will not play for the Houston Texans ever again, and he's willing to sit out football for the year if he has to."

Either way, zero chance he only gets 6 games. 

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

6 games after missing a year from football is appropriate, imho. Anymore games than that will surely get appealed.

Who cares if he appeals? It's just an appeal to another nfl  entity that 99pct of the time rules in favor of the nfl or reduces by a game. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Agree but the general public isn’t even aware of the loophole the Browns added into his contract as if it was the right thing to do for Watson.  
I still can’t believe they guaranteed the entire contract.  I hope he gets at least a year suspension.  That would make 2 years without football.  I hope he sucks on his return.  That would be justice for him and the Browns

There is no scenario that hurts Watson.  All of his $250M contract is guaranteed.  The only way he can get even slightly inconvenienced is if the suspension rolls into next season when his weekly game check actually matters.  He has already put away more than enough money to live like a king for life based on his signing bonus.  The Browns can certainly get stung by this, and clearly deserve it, but there will be no karmic payback for Watson.  Thanks to CLE he is completely protected.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You realize that part of the reason he didn't play last year was because he wanted out of Houston and let it be known that he would sit out the year if need be?

From pft last year: "I have been told by somebody that I trust that says 'Deshaun Watson will not play for the Houston Texans ever again, and he's willing to sit out football for the year if he has to."

Either way, zero chance he only gets 6 games. 

When it's all said and done how many games do you believe Watson will be suspended for this season? Do you think it will be for the entire season? 

5 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Under the CBA, if the arbitrator gives him any suspension, Goodell can unilaterally change its length.

So no. That won't happen

7 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

If he’s suspended  4 games or less the dumb assed morally bankrupt union would appeal.  It’s how they justify their fees.  

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/1/2022 at 9:26 AM, playtowinthegame said:

On 7/1/2022 at 9:39 AM, Jet Nut said:

On 7/1/2022 at 9:55 AM, DetroitRed said:

Not a chance.  Public relations nightmare.  Even if the officer ruled 6 games , the NFL can and will extend it 

• Upvote 1

On 7/1/2022 at 9:55 AM, DetroitRed said:

The evidence against Watson is and always was weak at best.  A female arbitrator even thought so hence just a 6 game suspension.  If the NFL tries to extend it he should file a grievance and/or sue in federal court and get the entire thing thrown out

• Upvote 1