Mini Camp Updates

Lith

56 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

I dunno.. look at his legs. Looks like he's in great shape?

Unfortunately his legs look like an obese persons.  

32 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Btw SOOOOO psyched to see this.

LET'S GOOOOOO!!! 

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

That doesn't look good.

He's got a spare semi truck tire around the middle.  

I mean yeah he ain’t playing this season lol. He looks 4bills plus

• Thumb Down 8
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Is it me or does it seem DJ is going out of his way to be a supportive? 

I think so. But I think it’s because he’s supportive of the players. I don’t think it’s to kiss Jets fan’s ass. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I mean yeah he ain’t playing this season lol. He looks 4bills plus

was he suppose to have 6 pack or soemthing? It good to see you have gone from being doctor to being a scale. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, GreenFish said:

I think so. But I think it’s because he’s supportive of the players. I don’t think it’s to kiss Jets fan’s ass. 

I’m cool with it, Just stark difference from last pre-season. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Mims is one tier below the Julio Jones WR tier of physical ability. I’m afraid his issues reside in the one part of the body you can’t improve in the weight room.

He takes prevegen everyday and spends an hour a day on Lumosity.   The guy got it done this offseason. 

2 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

was he suppose to have 6 pack or soemthing? It good to see you have gone from being doctor to being a scale. 

Look, I love Big Ticket and want him to maul the league, but he's way over weight.  You can see it in the photos.  

Why is it so hard for a young kid to push the plate away with millions of dollars on the line?  It screams of someone not caring.

Nothing can stop him but himself and it's pretty disappointing to see. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 5

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

Typical Cimini.  After 90 minutes of praise for Wilson from just about every other writer, here is Cimini's summary of the day.

Yeah.  Far be it for me to be a ray of sunshine, but the overall consensus of reports were “defense rebounded nicely in the 2-minute drill after struggling to contain the offense early on in 11 on 11 and 7 on 7s”

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

How the hell was today a mixed bag? Dude completed like 13 of his first 15 passes. 

Yup.  This seems like a much better assessment.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

I keg would be an improvement.  

13 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

He didn’t look like a guy who could play football. 

• Thumb Down 3

1 hour ago, derp said:

How productive Hall is able to be this year will probably end up being an indication of how good the team is. 

Was a cool pick, if he hits I think it potentially benefits almost everyone on the team. Defense stays fresh, less pressure on the young passing game, offensive line can get moving downhill, even Carter was a committee guy in college and hopefully it keeps him healthy and fresh.

Yep, completely agree.  Plus 4 of the 5 expected starting OL excel at run blocking while being average to above average as pass blockers.  Becton is a monster, AVT excelled as a rookie (pass blocking will improve this year), Pro Bowler Tomlinson is a fantastic zone blocker, and McGovern was PFF's #4 graded run blocking Center (#9 overall).  Add in a couple 'good' blocking TEs (huge upgrade from last year) and the combo of Hall and Carter, the running game should be very strong.

I'm also confident in the down field passing game, the one area that Wilson excelled in as a rookie.  

This offense becomes special if Wilson nails the rhythm and accuracy required of the short/medium passing games that emphasizes YAC.  Think he finally has the receivers, tight ends, and running backs to get open, catch, and gain some yards; just needs to hit them.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

Just now, David Harris said:

Love it.  

I'm old enough to remember - Al Toon, Wesley Walker, Freeman McNeil and Micky Shuler.  

But the current skill guys have the potential to compete.

Braylon, Santonio, Thomas Jones was legit.

Decker, Braylon and Ladanian Tomlinson too.

I became a Jets fan in the early 80s and those were and are still my favorite players and yes, they were really good and we can only hope these kids will evolve into those types of players. The main difference is that when Toon was drafted those other guys were already 29/30. 

What makes this team so exciting is that Moore/Wilson/Hall and even MC are all either rookies or sophomores. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Love it.  

I'm old enough to remember - Al Toon, Wesley Walker, Freeman McNeil and Micky Shuler.  

But the current skill guys have the potential to compete.

Braylon, Santonio, Thomas Jones was legit.

Decker, Braylon and Ladanian Tomlinson too.

I'm old enough to remember Maynard and Sauer.  Toon was amazing.   As good as any player to wear the uniform.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 3