Zach Wilson has thrived with accuracy in Jets OTAs

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yup.

This team has enough talent to be competitive right now - it really is all about Wilson's development right now.

Now, if this is going to be a championship caliber team - in addition to Z. Wilson we need a couple of these young guys to become stars (One Edge, One CB and one one WR)

12-5 they win the AFCE

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, slats said:

Also fun are the not necessarily negative replies designed to give the illusion of an open mind. 

What part does me having a lol over the hypocrisy of a select group of fans have to do with "having an open mind" or not?

I've been very clear in my view at this stage:  I'm not judging Zach by OTA's, Minicamps, or Training Camp. 

Same thing I said when the thread was "Zach Struggling".

My evaluation will begin week 1, and be ongoing throughout 2022.  I'm sure I'll comment throughout the offseason, but what counts are games that count.

I just find obvious bald-faced hypocricy kinda funny when it's that obvious. 

If the practice was bad "can't judge!!", if the practice was good "now we can judge, he's elite, taken the next step, etc.".

I guess you don't see the humor?  No worries.  I'm entertained, which is really what counts.

• Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

You sure do seem happy about that.

Your interpretation of when someone is "happy" and when they're complaining is severely flawed then.  No surprise there.  You believe in your heart of hearts that there are dozens of people on JN who are happy when a Jets QB fails.

• Sympathy 1

26 minutes ago, Warfish said:

What part does me having a lol over the hypocrisy of a select group of fans have to do with "having an open mind" or not?

I've been very clear in my view at this stage:  I'm not judging Zach by OTA's, Minicamps, or Training Camp.

My evaluation will begin week 1 of Preseason, and be ongoing throughout 2022.  

If the practice was bad "can't judge!!", if the practice was good "now we can judge, he's elite, taken the next step, etc.".

I guess you don't see the humor?  No worries.  I'm entertained, which is really what counts.

I mean I'm with you in a less harsh kinda way about preseason.  I don't much care about completion % but I do care about how the team is building,  are they learning, how controversy is manged... etc

But I'm fully bought in on Zacks5th, his deficiencies are correctable,  he's noted at trying to learn and demonstrated he takes teaching seriously by the 2nd half of the season (some will call out the dink-dunk but he has Braxton and MC and 3rd stringers). I'm more excited about Zack than anyone since before Pennington. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Warfish said:

My evaluation will begin week 1, and be ongoing throughout 2022.  I'm sure I'll comment throughout the offseason, but what counts are games that count.

Lol, Buddy, you need to ease up. I wasn’t referring to your post, I was using it to make the same point about the other side of the coin. That’s all. Getting excited or upset, one way or the other, about a couple tweets in June is completely silly to me. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, slats said:

Lol, Buddy, you need to ease up. I wasn’t referring to your post, I was using it to make the same point about the other side of the coin. That’s all. Getting excited or upset, one way or the other, about a couple tweets in June is completely silly to me. 

Then I completely misread your intent, and that's my bad.  

R.467b53b94c6ca459a30cbbd06090b21d?rik=X

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Warfish said:

And if you looked, I gave you a little laughy face for this post. Was really hoping you’d get where I was coming from. I find most of this hilarious, when it’s not depressing, lol. 

edit: answered

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Your interpretation of when someone is "happy" and when they're complaining is severely flawed then.  

Coem on.  I was just joking

but...

I think your initial statement there is flawed though 

Practice is when you work on things - when you try new things out, when you implement new features.  add new wrinkles, players etc.  Looking bad in practice is actually to be expected.  We have no idea what they're being told to do.

Looking good in practice, same basic deal - if they're working on sh*t they've been doing he should be expected to be almost perfect - like he was today.

Look, throwing 10 yard ins behind receivers is always bad.  No question. And very worrisome.  

But, from what we've heard about today, it sounded more than he was just hitting guys - but he was more decisive and looked comfortable within the offense.   That, to me, is what's I happily take away from this.  Yes, it's mini-camp and yes it doesn't mean much - but it's nice to see.

ZW's issues are between his ears and his ability to workin this offense.  If he can be decisive, confident and comfortable - we have a good one.  But who knows.

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Nobody has come,close to saying because of this news we should all celebrate.  Wth man.  Its okay to be a,bit worried but know its just OTAs when its bad news, and a bit excited when its,good news but know its still just June practice.  

Nobody is making statements about ZW,based,on any of these reports.

Whats funny is to watch all of you talk past eachother saying the exact same things.  One hopeful and one pessimistic, but reaching the same conclusions that none of this actually matters.  Thats the entertaining part here.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Hex said:

I wouldn't be surprised if half of this forum is just the same guy arguing with himself on 500 different accounts

Dammit, you figured me out.  

Although in fairness, I am 100% convinced that SAR has an active alt account active right now while he's "away".

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

Nobody has come,close to saying because of this news we should all celebrate.  Wth man.  Its okay to be a,bit worried but know its just OTAs when its bad news, and a bit excited when its,good news but know its still just June practice.  

Nobody is making statements about ZW,based,on any of these reports.

Whats funny is to watch all of you talk past eachother saying the exact same things.  One hopeful and one pessimistic, but reaching the same conclusions that none of this actually matters.  Thats the entertaining part here.

Wilson is raw and needs reps. Talent wise it’s there though. Everything he’s behind on is speed. He didn’t see pressure basically at all in college. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Maybe, maybe not

But he makes a good point

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

I think your initial statement there is flawed though 

Practice is when you work on things - when you try new things out, when you implement new features.  add new wrinkles, players etc.  Looking bad in practice is actually to be expected.  We have no idea what they're being told to do.

Looking good in practice, same basic deal - if they're working on sh*t they've been doing he should be expected to be almost perfect - like he was today.

Look, throwing 10 yard ins behind receivers is always bad.  No question. And very worrisome.  

But, from what we've heard about today, it sounded more than he was just hitting guys - but he was more decisive and looked comfortable within the offense.   That, to me, is what's I happily take away from this.  Yes, it's mini-camp and yes it doesn't mean much - but it's nice to see.

ZW's issues are between his ears and his ability to workin this offense.  If he can be decisive, confident and comfortable - we have a good one.  But who knows.

1 hour ago, Hex said:

I wouldn't be surprised if half of this forum is just the same guy arguing with himself on 500 different accounts

I had a little different take after my short membership....

I just thought 1/2 the members were patriot fans posing as new Yorkers.....

Ya know. Because our loss record over the past decade isn't amusing enough.....

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, PorP said:

I had a little different take after my short membership....

I just thought 1/2 the members were patriot fans posing as new Yorkers.....

Ya know. Because our loss record over the past decade isn't amusing enough.....

How DARE  you!

6 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

The Rats fans thing

Im surrounded by Rat fans up here and I still bleed green!

That's a tough life man... my sympathies 

It would be bad enough being surrounded by those plicks.... but with our record... I'm just sorry! 

My brother in law is a pats fan... there's no day between September and February I don't want to choke him!!!

But we did win in April!  Sauce,  Wilson,  Johnson,  Hall versus Cole strange!  Now I know how Charlie sheen feels..... winiiing!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, PorP said:

That's a tough life man... my sympathies 

It would be bad enough being surrounded by those plicks.... but with our record... I'm just sorry! 

My brother in law is a pats fan... there's no day between September and February I don't want to choke him!!!

But we did win in April!  Sauce,  Wilson,  Johnson,  Hall versus Cole strange!  Now I know how Charlie sheen feels..... winiiing!

My BIL is a Rats fan as well, (and a colossal douche)

97% of Mainers are Rats fans, its revolting....

5 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

My BIL is a Rats fan as well, (and a colossal douche)

97% of Mainers are Rats fans, its revolting....

I'm with ya,  my brother in law is a typical masshole..

Just saw rich eisen use that term on his show..... gotta be approved for this forum right.... lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PorP said:

I'm with ya,  my brother in law is a typical masshole..

Just saw rich eisen use that term on his show..... gotta be approved for this forum right.... lol

Hell, we have a Rats fan that posts here with Masshole as his avatar LOL