Zach Wilson has thrived with accuracy in Jets OTAs

Interesting.  So if the beat writers are to believed, Wilson has been consistently inconsistent.

Hughes last Friday on Zach Wilson, where he had ZW looking like Browning Nagle leading Al Toon into concussion city:

“But, if we’re being honest, Wilson hasn’t been overly impressive through the four media-open OTAs.

The 22-year-old has struggled with his accuracy. His decision-making is questionable at best, and it has led to interceptions (one on Wednesday, two on Thursday) and near interceptions. He’s thrown several passes that, in a game, would have led to the near decapitation of his receivers.”

• Thumb Down 2

13 hours ago, Warfish said:

In before the same people who angrily said "can't judge on 9 passes in OTA's" get all excited and hyperbol-rific based on 9 passes in OTA's, lol

11 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Well that sucks.  I was hoping he'd fail.  

11 hours ago, bitonti said:

when Connor Hughes says ZW is good: What good news everyone, can't wait for this season! 

when Connor Hughes says ZW is bad: OMG CLICKBAIT CLOWNFACE EMOJI

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Your interpretation of when someone is "happy" and when they're complaining is severely flawed then.  No surprise there.  You believe in your heart of hearts that there are dozens of people on JN who are happy when a Jets QB fails.

This is basically all you guys had to say on a good day for Zach lol.  Noticiable.   

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Well that sucks.  I was hoping he'd fail.  

According to some posters, JN has the highest per capita number of trolls than anywhere else on the Internet. So many deep sleeper agents who invested going on 2 decades here -- met many fellow posters in person, got to know their families, went to live JN events such as tailgates -- all to launch a coordinated sudden thunderstrike in 2021.

ryan reynolds hd GIF

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

wasn't it just posted a few days ago that wilson was missing easy passes?  just goes to show it's all just practice at this point and there's no telling how well he will do.  but wilson has shown exceptional accuracy and arm strength so things are boding well.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

Connor really needs to figure out which side of the fence he wants  to be on. Didn't  he say in podcast Zach was one of the fallers?

Or maybe he doesn't need to decide anything and just evolves his opinions as new stuff happens.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, jgb said:

Or maybe he doesn't need to decide anything and just evolves his opinions as new stuff happens.

Yeah, if he wants  to have no credibility and just be basically a sports version of a weatherman. He was saying his grade was a cumulative grade over OTA's but he has one good day and it's  not Zach beginning to turn things around, it's  Zach was Great going 8 for 9 and throwing with conviction.  

Yeah, if he wants  to have no credibility and just be basically a sports version of a weatherman. He was saying his grade was a cumulative grade over OTA's but he has one good day and it's  not Zach beginning to turn things around, it's  Zach was Great going 8 for 9 and throwing with conviction.  

I still don't understand the problem. He gave a cumulative grade and now reported he had a good day. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

It's just the tone. Look, If you like reporters that change with the wind, good for you. I have a different opinion  of this type of reporter. 

Yeah I do want reporters that "change with the wind" (i.e. with new facts). Don't you?

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yeah I do want reporters that "change with the wind" (i.e. with new facts). Don't you?

And in the next practice if Zach goes 4 for 10 and has a pick run back for a TD and he says Zach has a disastrous  practice and might have been a bad pick, how would you feel considering  what he just reported yesterday? 

43 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

And in the next practice if Zach goes 4 for 10 and has a pick run back for a TD and he says Zach has a disastrous  practice and might have been a bad pick, how would you feel considering  what he just reported yesterday? 

I saw he reported Zach had a good day. Must have missed the part where every practice he’s flip flopping whether Zach was a good pick.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, jgb said:

I saw he reported Zach had a good day. Must have missed the part where every practice he’s flip flopping whether Zach was a good pick.

He just said in his podcast a few days ago that Zach was not playing well. I mean why are you even arguing this if you don't  follow him. 

6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

He just said in his podcast a few days ago that Zach was not playing well. I mean why are you even arguing this if you don't  follow him. 

Yeah he didn't play well the first few practices so that's what he reported. He has been playing better as of late so he is reporting it.

You seem to suggest he goes back and forth based on each practice performance whether or not he was a good draft pick. That's what I haven't seen. I wasn't saying I didn't see the reports.

I am really struggling to understand your concern here.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yeah he didn't play well the first few practices so that's what he reported. He has been playing better as of late so he is reporting it.

You seem to suggest he goes back and forth based on each practice performance whether or not he was a good draft pick. That's what I haven't seen. I wasn't saying I didn't see the reports.

I am really struggling to understand your concern here.

Actually it wasn't  his first few practices. The press was only allowed to observe the last 4 practices of OTA's and that was what he reported about. Nobody but the team saw his earlier practices. Whatever man. Keep talking about things you don't  know about

• Upvote 1

Actually it wasn't  his first few practices. The press was only allowed to observe the last 4 practices of OTA's and that was what he reported about. Nobody but the team saw his earlier practices. Whatever man. Keep talking about things you don't  know about

Well there we agree, I don't know what your point is. And since you can't clearly state it, I'll take your advice to stop talking about it.

And so the *PRACTICE* observations continue to come in.  "ZW sucks".  "ZW is crushing it"

Let's see what happens in regular season action.  

I say this.  By game three of the regular season, we'll know if the Jets have a "franchise" QB or if JD will be looking to the 2023 draft for the next Jets QB.  Been hard to keep track of them as the decades go by.

Namath had awful stats.  Todd had some tools, but was an also-ran.  O'Brien had it all, but was missing pocket awareness. The transplanted retread, Vinny T. had a Super Bowl appearance within his grasp and then dirted the ball with a wide open Ritche Anderson in the end-zone.  That one single play saw their SB shot go up the spout.  Chad had everything including the durability of an egg.  Sanchez had his moments, but inability to concentrate lead to many unforced turnovers as well as the butt fumble.  Darnold = USC QB.   ZW ??? Who knows. 

Not to mention Glen Foley, Kellen Clemmens, Tony Eason, Boomer, Geno Smith, Tebow, Matt Robinson, Pat Ryan

Other than Mike White, where is the real bright spot at QB ???

Hard to find a QB, aint it ??? 

4 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

And so the *PRACTICE* observations continue to come in.  "ZW sucks".  "ZW is crushing it"

Let's see what happens in regular season action.  

I say this.  By game three of the regular season, we'll know if the Jets have a "franchise" QB or if JD will be looking to the 2023 draft for the next Jets QB.  Been hard to keep track of them as the decades go by.

Namath had awful stats.  Todd had some tools, but was an also-ran.  O'Brien had it all, but was missing pocket awareness. The transplanted retread, Vinny T. had a Super Bowl appearance within his grasp and then dirted the ball with a wide open Ritche Anderson in the end-zone.  That one single play saw their SB shot go up the spout.  Chad had everything including the durability of an egg.  Sanchez had his moments, but inability to concentrate lead to many unforced turnovers as well as the butt fumble.  Darnold = USC QB.   ZW ??? Who knows. 

Not to mention Glen Foley, Kellen Clemmens, Tony Eason, Boomer, Geno Smith, Tebow, Matt Robinson, Pat Ryan

Other than Mike White, where is the real bright spot at QB ???

Hard to find a QB, aint it ??? 

Top Tupa has the highest QB rating in Jets history (minimum 10 passes).

29 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It is very JNee for a thread about a very good day for ZW turns into a hate fest.

He had a good day, fans should be happy about that - not looking for reasons to say it wasn't.

Let's see what happens today.

You need to grow a thicker skin if you think this thread is a "hate fest".

At worst its a shrug of the shoulders.  Which is what any OTA performance deserves.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Who cares what he's conclusion is?  If it's based on that days practice.  

If he says Zach looked great today that's an opinion about today.  If he says Zach looked like crap today that's an opinion about today.  If he says Zach had a disastorous practice and might have been a bad pick he's trolling. 

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

At worst its a shrug of the shoulders.  Which is what any OTA performance deserves.

I guess Stephen Hawking was trolling space when he once believed black holes didn’t exist only to later reverse his position and make a lot of money from a book written largely about them.

One must ride and die with their opinion! No take-backsies allowed. Ah, the Internet and its purity tests.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why is making a comment about the sadness of this board thin skin?

I'm quite far from angry but I do believe it's worth pointing out.

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Why is making a comment about the sadness of this board thin skin?

I'm quite far from angry but I do believe it's worth pointing out.

I'm saying you're exaggerating by calling it a "hate fest".  You're so overly sensitive about anything other than positive comments about Zach Wilson that even relatively neutral comments bother you.

• Upvote 1