Zach Wilson has thrived with accuracy in Jets OTAs

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm saying you're exaggerating by calling it a "hate fest".  You're so overly sensitive about anything other than positive comments about Zach Wilson that even relatively neutral comments bother you.

It’s almost like we have gone through this several times before on this board…..

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Who cares what he's conclusion is?  If it's based on that days practice.  

If he says Zach looked great today that's an opinion about today.  If he says Zach looked like crap today that's an opinion about today.  If he says Zach had a disastorous practice and might have been a bad pick he's trolling. 

So I guess we got some tempered trolling in the podcast?

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm saying you're exaggerating by calling it a "hate fest".  You're so overly sensitive about anything other than positive comments about Zach Wilson that even relatively neutral comments bother you.

Just entirely untrue.

I have been negative on Wilson when it's warranted.  You can find me being rather concerned with his poor OTA performances.

This thread should be a positive one and like clockwork it turns negative almost immediately.  I'm mostly just wondering why?

I've been told, over and over again, everyone wants to see him succeed - and no-one is dug in on him failing - yet when I come to a thread like this, there seems to be an awful lot of posts trying to downplay a positive day.

That is all.

21 hours ago, Warfish said:

In before the same people who angrily said "can't judge on 9 passes in OTA's" get all excited and hyperbol-rific based on 9 passes in OTA's, lol

Or the ones who thought one bad session meant he was a bust?  Guess the long winded 18 page thread  wasn’t indicative enough in how it works here, lets waiting for those to get excited about the 23-29 day he had means something 

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Just entirely untrue.

Well, its 100 % true you just called this thread a "hate fest" when it clearly isn't, so there's definitely truth to what I'm saying.

I don't really care that much that you've been "critical" of him lately.  A tiger's stripes don't really change.

56 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It is very JNee for a thread about a very good day for ZW turns into a hate fest.

He had a good day, fans should be happy about that - not looking for reasons to say it wasn't.

Let's see what happens today.

In truth fans shouldn't care if he had a good or a bad day in practice.  He's going to be the starting QB unless some dissaster happens.   

Does anyone really doubt that Zach doesn't have a great arm and good athletic ability.  That he's good enough and dedicated enough to look good in practice?   The only thing Zach has to prove is can he do it against NFL competition that's trying to stop him and will adjust on a weekly basis depending on what the Jets O puts on tape. 

I'm way more interested in who emerges out of the rookie class.  Is Mims going to push Davis for his job.  How the OL develops and who is ultimately going to start with Fant coming off knee surgery and Becton coming off a Gastric bypass.  

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Well, its 100 % true you just called this thread a "hate fest" when it clearly isn't, so there's definitely truth to what I'm saying.

I don't really care that much that you've been "critical" of him lately.  A tiger's stripes don't really change.

Yeah I mean look Connor puts out a positive report yet Zach’s PR team can’t just enjoy it because Connor was a meanie in the past. Used the be a cause to celebrate when you changed someone’s mind — now it’s “yeah well if you haven’t always been with us, go eff yourself.” Like I said, purity tests.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We finally agree.  My Stripes as a fan is accurate.  I am, for better or worse, a Jet fan.  

I like to see all of the Jet players do well and am not upset when they do.

It would be nice to say that about all Jet fans - but it surely doesn't seem to be the case.

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

We finally agree.  My Stripes as a fan is accurate.  I am, for better or worse, a Jet fan.  

It would be nice to say that about all Jet fans - but it surely doesn't seem to be the case.

Ah, back to the old "I'm a real fan and others aren't" take.  Those are always fun and definitely never narcissistic.  

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I keep being told there are no sides...

That everyone really wants Zach to succeed.  

Let's just conclude that neither side will convince the other at this time.  

Zach will eventually end the debate for us.  

I will either move on to the next one or get my list ready... 

image.gif

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

You keep being told that there are different perspectives on whether Zach WILL succeed, which you conflate with whether fans WANT him to succeed. 

The views on whether Zach Wilson WILL succeed influences how people view an OTA performance.

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I don't want it to rain but I still check the weather and carry an umbrella if it's looking iffy.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Actually it wasn't  his first few practices. The press was only allowed to observe the last 4 practices of OTA's and that was what he reported about. Nobody but the team saw his earlier practices. Whatever man. Keep talking about things you don't  know about

Actually it was worse.  They were allowed 4 practices, one day from each set of 3 where the press could watch.  One of those days it was reported he him almost all of his passes and was much quicker and decisive than last year.  He decided this all after a bad day out that series.  And lied to a 18 page thread questioning his ability.  Now it’s don’t you dare be encouraged or whatever after a 23-29 day.  Amazing

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You keep being told that there are different perspectives on whether Zach WILL succeed, which you conflate with whether fans WANT him to succeed. 

The views on whether Zach Wilson WILL succeed influences how people view an OTA performance.

This is pointless.  

Continue to attack me for actually being happy to see good things from our QB.  The kid hasn't been good all that often, so when does I would like to be happy about it.  That's just my take.

Your take is different.  We see it different ways.  Let's just leave it at that.  

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It's not the case.  I'm a huge Jets fan and I hate the Jets.  On the plus side I'm not suffering from Stockholm syndrome. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Biggs said:

It's not the case.  I'm a huge Jets fan and I hate the Jets.  On the plus side I'm not suffering from Stockholm syndrome. 

I get it.  It's defiantly an easy franchise to be very frustrated with.  They haven't done a whole lot of winning lately. 

I am definitely Stockholm up.

16 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This is pointless.  

Continue to attack me for actually being happy to see good things from our QB.  The kid hasn't been good all that often, so when does I would like to be happy about it.  That's just my take.

Your take is different.  We see it different ways.  Let's just leave it at that.  

You're not being attacked for humping Zach's leg.  You're being attacked for taking a dump in the house.  

44 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually it was worse.  They were allowed 4 practices, one day from each set of 3 where the press could watch.  One of those days it was reported he him almost all of his passes and was much quicker and decisive than last year.  He decided this all after a bad day out that series.  And lied to a 18 page thread questioning his ability.  Now it’s don’t you dare be encouraged or whatever after a 23-29 day.  Amazing

Moi? I did no such thing. Ironic in a thread trying to call our Connor for not being "accurate" in his reports.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Or the ones who thought one bad session meant he was a bust?  Guess the long winded 18 page thread  wasn’t indicative enough in how it works here, lets waiting for those to get excited about the 23-29 day he had means something 

The 18 page thread was not 18 pages of everyone agreeing. It was controversial with half making excuses and attacks on the reporters 

That's the secret sauce for a long thread: difference of opinion 

What this shorter thread proves is that Zach haters are willing to accept bad news and good news alike. While Zach lovers can't stomach any bad news about Zach and want to live in denial so they come to his defense to the tune of 18 pages 

Yes I'm happy Zach looked good against air and wearing shorts. Yesterday was a great day for him. 

I'm not going to attack the source reporter or make up excuses for the defense 

That's what he's supposed to do, every time he practices. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This is pointless.  

Attack? He refuted your charge that believing a player will fail is the same as wanting him to. You do realize you are not the QB, right? Why are you taking this so personally?

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, jgb said:

Moi? I did no such thing. Ironic in a thread trying to call our Connor for not being "accurate" in his reports.

I commented on a post, want talking about anyone in particular.  It is interesting that after the majority of the board goes into doom and gloom mode after a bad practice and then tries to defend those posts by preempting anyone being happy he played well yesterday 

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

In truth fans shouldn't care if he had a good or a bad day in practice.  He's going to be the starting QB unless some dissaster happens.

And OTA's aren't about "completing passes" as if it were regular season week 8.

It's practice.  Practice is about getting a player in shape, get them knowing the system like the back of their hand, and working flaws and mistakes out of their system via repetition.

Judging Zach on completions in practice, for good or bad, is silly.  He's practicing, not playing.

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

Does anyone really doubt that Zach doesn't have a great arm and good athletic ability.  That he's good enough and dedicated enough to look good in practice?

He unquestioningly has great potential.

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

The only thing Zach has to prove is can he do it against NFL competition that's trying to stop him and will adjust on a weekly basis depending on what the Jets O puts on tape. 

Exactly.  The soft-eval starts in Preseason.  The REAL eval starts Week 1.

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

I'm way more interested in who emerges out of the rookie class.  Is Mims going to push Davis for his job.  How the OL develops and who is ultimately going to start with Fant coming off knee surgery and Becton coming off a Gastric bypass.  

+1, cannot wait to see these offensive skill players in preseason.  Can.  Not.  Wait.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I think this aligns with what Saleh said today - about Zach not having to be Brady.

For the first time in my life,  I experienced premature ejaculation!

I still had time to eat a sammich and fall asleep before the end of the video!!!!!!

Did he just say the jets are going to be a playoff team led zachs5th franchise Wilson!!!

Anything resembling joking aside,  I do not remember jets getting this much positive press in a long time

Can it be????? Our misery is finally over... we can have nice things... we won't be the masshole punching bag anymore......

If you have something negative to say.... don't bust my euphoria and keep it frickin moving

• Upvote 1