Bought my First "New Player" Jets Jersey since Mangold

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I'm considering investing in a custom Marko Cavka jersey. I'm sure it will only get 2-3 laughs at max over the years of me wearing it but that's money well spent in my opinion.

Jerseys of Jets "stars" get more than 2-3 laughs.

55 minutes ago, slats said:

I could see you being mistaken for Mangold. That sorta thing probably won’t happen in this jersey. 

I wish there were more pics in existence of my "dyed blond, long hair" era.  Sadly, there are only a few.

My beard was more red/brown than blond, even so.

And aye, no one will mistake me for Wilson, that is a certainty, lol.

Done with modern player jerseys. Even if one has a HOF career, no one finishes their careers with one team and half of Jets fans will hate the guy for being "disloyal" -- the facts and circumstances of why the player left are of course never actually important when Jets fans feel scorned.

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Done with modern player jerseys. Even if one has a HOF career, no one finishes their careers with one team and half of Jets fans will hate the guy for being "disloyal" -- the facts and circumstances of why the player left are of course never actually important when Jets fans feel scorned.

Totally get that.

But I will admit a bit of homerism and ego on this....

....all through the leadup to the draft, I REALLY wanted Wilson, Hall and Ruckert (and some other folks too, of course).

This was the first time in my memory that the Jets went almost 100% in the direction I REALLY wanted on Offensive skill players.

It's "my" draft class.  And as such, I'm going to "own" it, and this is a reflection of that.

Rise or fall, I was 100% behind this group of Offensive skill players.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, jgb said:

To me it’s more of wearing the teams jersey first, player next.  If I wear a Jets jersey it to a game so isn’t so much displaying my support of the player but the team 

• Upvote 3