Merged Becton Threads

3 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I have to believe he said 'eat their words' on purpose. 

...but can we get one all encompassing Becton thread? This is reaching Jamal Adams levels now.

I will merge them later.  Want to keep this one on its own for a little while to limit the Becton discussion in the minicamp thread.

• Upvote 1

He's doing and saying all the right things. The past is the past. There is no reason to assume anything with respect to how he will play this year. 

Being out of shape/getting hurt/playing poorly are possible outcomes but so is staying healthy and becoming a force on the Line. 

Becton is the same age Trevor Penning who was taken in the 1st round this year.....

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Biggs said:

He's here, he's healthy.  The rest is up to him and the coaches.  He can make a big difference in how this season plays out.  Hope he really is all in.  

Are we sure?  In that 1st vid he looks to be favoring his knee getting in the stage. 

It kind of reminded me of well.... me climbing stairs only 25 years old was a ways in the past. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

39 minutes ago, Lith said:

Mekhi Becton meets the press after today's practice.  Creating a separate thread to keep this out of the minicamp thread

Is it just me, or did he look a little tentative taking that step up onto the podium?

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Great catch, Spoot.  His leg definitely buckles as he steps up.

I mean, I so want him to be ready for the season and get back to pancaking bitches, because he's got so much potential to be a beast, but I'm legitimately starting to have doubts now.

I may just have to wait until the Max Mitchell train starts rolling.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

I mean, I so want him to be ready for the season and get back to pancaking bitches, because he's got so much potential to be a beast, but I'm legitimately starting to have doubts now.

I may just have to wait until the Max Mitchell train starts rolling.

Look, we all want Becton to be a beast.   Just annihilating opponents for a decade.   But there is something going on with the guy, physically and mentally.  

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1