Merged Becton Threads

Rhg1084

4 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

can everyone relax now?

Tbqh it scary that there even has to be a tweet to inform us that a paid player will attend a MANDATORY camp.

q: will zach be there? How about sauce?

asking for a friend 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

So now that he's showing up, the narrative changes to "he's going to be overweight."  Unreal.  What exactly is overweight for a 6'7" LT?  What is Becton's target weight?  I just don't understand the hate for this kid (and he is a kid).  And I don't understand the unbridled glee some supposed Jets fans take in hoping for him to fail.  It's a tough world we live in now. 

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/dff0f451-f502-4993-af07-0c06ffa9300d

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

So now that he's showing up, the narrative changes to "he's going to be overweight."  Unreal.  What exactly is overweight for a 6'7" LT?  What is Becton's target weight?  I just don't understand the hate for this kid (and he is a kid).  And I don't understand the unbridled glee some supposed Jets fans take in hoping for him to fail.  It's a tough world we live in now. 

tbf, that narrative was always present.

5 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

It is mandatory.  You have to show up if you want to be playing for this team.  Do people think Becton does not want to play for the Jets?

I think some people absolutely think that. Does he love playing football the way Saleh talks about he wants his player to love ball?

5 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I think that's right, but it would be very worrisome.  I mean jeez - is his body that bad that rehabbing from a 4-6 week injury takes over 10 months?  I'm not really sure what this team can expect from him long term.

Lol. He is going to be fine. OMG. 

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

vol·un·tar·y
[ˈvälənˌterē]
ADJECTIVE
done, given, or acting of one's own free will:

man·da·to·ry
[ˈmandəˌtôrē]
ADJECTIVE
required by law or rules; compulsory:

Thanks for explaining that. Now can you do tryna and when the hell it became a word?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Talking common sense into these guys is pointless. They are too busy jerking each other off thinking they are hilarious telling the same jokes for the 1000x time 

7 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

He hasn't  been rehabbing for 10 months. Where the Hell do you people get this stuff from. He has been working out. 

From JD in May:

Nearly eight months later, general manager Joe Douglas said in an interview Tuesday on WFAN-FM in New York that Becton is “still rehabbing, still getting healthy.”

https://clutchpoints.com/jets-gm-joe-douglas-addresses-shockingly-long-mekhi-becton-injury-rehab/

And Saleh said it a couple of weeks ago too.

That's not an anonymous source but the GM.  It should be concerning to every fan.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

22 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

From JD in May:

Nearly eight months later, general manager Joe Douglas said in an interview Tuesday on WFAN-FM in New York that Becton is “still rehabbing, still getting healthy.”

https://clutchpoints.com/jets-gm-joe-douglas-addresses-shockingly-long-mekhi-becton-injury-rehab/

That's not an anonymous source but the GM.  It should be concerning to every fan.

First I heard of it. From the videos I have seen him doing, none of it looked like rehab on a knee. Unfortunately  I have had multiple lower body injuries from playing basketball and skiing  and I know more about rehabbing ankles and knees than anyone has a right to know. 

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

First I heard of it. From the videos I have seen him doing, none of it looked like rehab on a knee. Unfortunately  I have had multiple lower body injuries from playing basketball and skiing  and I know more about rehabbing ankles and knees than anyone has a right to know. 

Sure, but this isn't some random guy.  It's the GM and we have to assume he isn't lying.  

If the case is he's still rehabbing it should be concerning to every Jet fan - that's all I'm saying.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

He hasn't  been rehabbing for 10 months. Where the Hell do you people get this stuff from. He has been working out. 

B.S. He got injured the 1st game of the year. Missed 17 weeks. That alone is concerning

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

On May 5th Joe Douglas said that he was still rehabbing. Said that to Tiki Barber on his radio broadcast. Look it up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

From JD in May:

Thanks for posting. Some people are engaged in wishful thinking. Like me with Sam.

• Upvote 2