Merged Becton Threads

Rhg1084

15 minutes ago, Alka said:

I appreciate your bringing up this article, but there are reasons for concern.

Mecki has had opportunities to show up for non-mandatory practices, and he chose to forego those opportunities.  He has not seen a football field in 9 months, and the Jets have made it clear that they wanted the guy to show up at Florham Park, though not mandatory.  Mecki even said himself last year in 2021 that he would not miss the non mandatory practices in future years, but he has done exactly that.

To me, when you start putting the pieces of the puzzle together, it just doesn't add up correctly.

Can he come back and be dominant and shut us all up?  I hope so.  I hope you're right.  I hope I feel foolish for doubting him.  I do give him the benefit of the doubt, but I still have doubts.  We will see.

Good post. The thing that really puzzles me.......doesn't he miss his teammates?  

11 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I completely disagree with this assesment.

Had he been cemented at the Jets facility rehabbing, becoming more invested in the team by being present, not missed three times the estimated time of recovery, showed his face at the facility after the birth of his child ...

.... I might feel different ...

He has a lot to prove.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

It's okay to disagree, I respect that.  It's not okay to make $hit up.  Do you believe the election was stolen?  LOL

It's okay to disagree, I respect that.  It's not okay to make $hit up.  Do you believe the election was stolen?  LOL
Make sh*t up ?? Not sure what you are referring to ... I don't think I made up that his 4-6 week recovery time is still ongoing nine months later, or that he hasnt been to the team facility during that time, (part of which was OTAs.)

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Make sh*t up ?? Not sure what you are referring to ... I don't think I made up that his 4-6 week recovery time is still ongoing nine months later, or that he hasnt been to the team facility during that time, (part of which was OTAs.)

Or....."but he's not going to be on the field this season."  Now, about the election ;)  

Or....."but he's not going to be on the field this season."  Now, about the election   
I think you got me confused with someone else .. never said he would.not make the field this season.

About the election ....

I think we've been handed a pile of bullshhhht by the team w/respect to Becton.
I am starting to severely mistrust the honesty in the NY Jets team reports.
Yeah me too .. maybe zach was actually on fire during OTAs and they are pretending

26 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

This is a point of view I understand and respect.  We don't know the true reasons behind his actions/inactions, we're again just speculating.  In truth, there isn't concrete evidence either way.  Maybe he doesn't come back and I've got egg on my face and I'm really disappointed.  So be it.  I'm a Jets fan - been there done that - fingers crossed (yet again).

Boy howdy do I have a perfectly fine used car to sell you. 

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

3. Here comes Mekhi: Minicamp runs Tuesday and Wednesday. Unlike OTA practices, minicamp is mandatory. Saleh expects every player to attend, including tackle Mekhi Becton, who didn't participate in the nine weeks of voluntary work. The Monday pre-camp physical will be the organization's first in-person look at him since the end of the season. He's not expected to practice.

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/89728/fewer-voices-in-zach-wilsons-ear-should-be-good-thing-for-new-york-jets

I thought he was training with the best oline coach in the world? I guess not.

Right, I mean the guy hasn't  played in a year but let's  get him on the field and have him block a bunch of pass rushers before we even know if can back pedal. 

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

3. Here comes Mekhi: Minicamp runs Tuesday and Wednesday. Unlike OTA practices, minicamp is mandatory. Saleh expects every player to attend, including tackle Mekhi Becton, who didn't participate in the nine weeks of voluntary work. The Monday pre-camp physical will be the organization's first in-person look at him since the end of the season. He's not expected to practice.

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/89728/fewer-voices-in-zach-wilsons-ear-should-be-good-thing-for-new-york-jets

I thought he was training with the best oline coach in the world? I guess not.

Right, I mean the guy hasn't  played in a year but let's  get him on the field and have him block a bunch of pass rushers before we even know if can back pedal. 

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

Even if he doesn't block or push off the leg at full strength, Becton can get into position and start to re-develop snap count timing and audibles.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

The Jets have been telling us he's been working out on his own with his own trainer. If he cant practice then that was obviously a lie. 

What does training have to do with the team holding him out of practices in June?  How is it obvious a lie that he worked out with trainer to anyone?  Or we’re all those videos you yukked it up when they were posted created by CGI 

What does training have to do with the team holding him out of practices in June?  How is it obvious a lie that he worked out with trainer to anyone?  Or we’re all those videos you yukked it up when they were posted created by CGI 

This is getting so needlessly convoluted.... I think people are arguing from the same bank of the river.

Guy is entering year 3 ... hes played less than half the snaps so far.

Hes been away from the facility for 9 months of a 4-8 week injury.

He could still beast out.

... there is validity to the fact that this season will help justify his approach or condemn it.

... you can argue that to this point in his career he has dissapointed overall. Especially after flashing such promise when he did play during his rookie campaign.

... Brick missed one snap ... I repeat (1) snap his entire career.

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

This is shorts and tshirts

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Bleed green screen. 

18 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yes, finally someone else sees this.

• Haha 1

I don’t think it’s possible to have a worse draft than the Jets did in ‘20. If Wilson doesn’t step up this season, last years will be just as big a fail. On paper this year’s draft looks good, but who knows how it will look when they play the games?

No matter how this draft turns out though, missing two consecutive #1 picks on a LT and QB would be a disaster for this team, and right now neither look good.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

This is shorts and tshirts

My post was supposed to be an exaggeration.  The poi t is they want to ease him back in after not playing for a year to see how much he can handle. Getting him ready for camp and preseason should be the goal.

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, LSJF said:

Sexy My Love GIF by Bianka

Bust?    His private workout videos are cute…but, he’s officially on the clock…get the eff on the field..

I approve this message. Haven’t read the text of it yet, but I approve it nonetheless.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

My post was supposed to be an exaggeration.  The poi t is they want to ease him back in after not playing for a year to see how much he can handle. Getting him ready for camp and preseason should be the goal.

Mini camp light practices seem like a perfect time to ease a player back in. He's presumably got to do something at some point. Either with the Jets or another team. Or he just falls out of the league entirely, which wouldnt surprise me at all.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Mini camp light practices seem like a perfect time to ease a player back in. He's presumably got to do something at some point. Either with the Jets or another team. Or he just falls out of the league entirely, which wouldnt surprise me at all.

I may be going out on a limb here but I think the Jets know what they are doing with Becton. This isn't  Becton saying he won't  practice. 

Just now, section314 said:

Not a twitter person....what does rp mean. Serious question.

Google says...

Role Play. RP is also used as to mean "Role Play," as in the abbreviation RPG (Role-Playing Game). "Role Play" is widely used outside of gaming, especially in educational settings and the theatre. In this context, participants change their behaviour (and sometimes appearance) to assume a role.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I may be going out on a limb here but I think the Jets know what they are doing with Becton. This isn't  Becton saying he won't  practice. 

Of course they do.  They have an amazing track record at developing players.  

• Haha 2