Merged Becton Threads

Rhg1084

12 minutes ago, JH Jet Fan said:

Sorry.  But some of the doom & gloom here is ridiculous.

Fact - The Jets would not allow any player who has missed the entire offseason thus far practice.  They would first assess them.

Case closed.

This must be some in depth assessing.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Mini camp light practices seem like a perfect time to ease a player back in. He's presumably got to do something at some point. Either with the Jets or another team. Or he just falls out of the league entirely, which wouldnt surprise me at all.

That you keep repeating over and over again doesn’t make you sound like you have the faintest clue of the NFL and of his potential 

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

Can’t practice in shorts and tshirt. Need to assess first. All right.

Need to wait for next week. Every horse scale in the tri-state area is in Belmont.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Supersonic said:

I'm not passing judgement or making unfounded predictions, I'm waiting for the truth to unfold.  You should try it.  Maybe people will stop looking at you cross-eyed.

It's quite frightening that people on this board could be jurors at a trial hearing.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Predictions are not stated as fact.  Usually they're preceded by IMO or the like.  Let your friend know.

So you are worried about semantics. On an Internet message board. That sounds like a fun job you’ve taken on.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, JH Jet Fan said:

The Jets would not allow any player who has missed the entire offseason thus far practice.  They would first assess them.

In and of itself, your statement makes sense.

The larger issue is the circumstances and events involving Becton over the past months. Carl Lawson hasn't been practicing and that fact is not a point of discussion. In comparison, Becton practicing or not practicing, or skipping voluntary workouts, or having an injury that is much longer to rehab than first thought, or being over weight, or coming into camp in 2021 and not appearing ready causes the reasonable fan (whoever that is) to wonder about what is going on with the 11th pick of the 2020 draft.  

8 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I don’t think it’s possible to have a worse draft than the Jets did in ‘20. If Wilson doesn’t step up this season, last years will be just as big a fail. On paper this year’s draft looks good, but who knows how it will look when they play the games?

No matter how this draft turns out though, missing two consecutive #1 picks on a LT and QB would be a disaster for this team, and right now neither look good.

This is true. For as much praise and much of it warranted JD gets, guy totally ****ed up the 20 draft in a fashion I don’t remember in years 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

25 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

This is true. For as much praise and much of it warranted JD gets, guy totally ****ed up the 20 draft in a fashion I don’t remember in years 

Basically 9 years of garbage drafts from 2011 to 2020.   Owner leaves for 4 years, 4 GMs , 4 HC’s, what a shlt show.  

6 hours ago, jgb said:

Adam Gase left his wife during the delivery. Any word on if he’s gained some weight during his exile?

There have been a dozen workout videos that were less than impressive.  

He's been playing a lot of video games and had a kid during his ten month rehab for his four week injury. 

6 hours ago, jgb said:

Adam Gase left his wife during the delivery. Any word on if he’s gained some weight during his exile?

If was given a choice on knowing how Zach plays during OTAs, his completion %, TDs, INTs, etc.  OR knowing what Becton weighs in at during his physical tomorrow I'd 110% rather know the latter.

Shut the fuk up Connor! You are using examples of loser coaches - Crazy eyes, Poker Face and Fat Ryan (semi-loser), to compare to Saleh and Co.

You are a ******* moron Connor!

46 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Not worried about anything.  You seem uptight.  Wish you well.

Wow the old “I know you are, but what am I” comeback. Haven’t seen that used online since Usenet.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, JH Jet Fan said:

Sorry.  But some of the doom & gloom here is ridiculous.

Fact - The Jets would not allow any player who has missed the entire offseason thus far practice.  They would first assess them.

Case closed.

The contract with the players Union does ant allow autopsies on the brains of living players.   Case reopened.