DJ Leaving the Beat

DJ just announced he is leaving the beat. Damn. I think this is a big loss. I'm sure there are Jets fans that don't like him. But I thought he was a fun reporter to follow and someone who was fairly objective in his reporting.

Lord help us if we get someone like Manish again.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

DJ just announced he is leaving the beat. Damn. I think this is a big loss. I'm sure there are Jets fans that don't like him. But I thought he was a fun reporter to follow and someone who was fairly objective in his reporting.

Lord help us if we get someone like Manish again.

Manish kept it entertaining at least ???

He was the one beat reporter last year that kept saying Zach was holding the ball too long during training camp and took a lot of heat for it.  Turns out he was right.   It was tough to keep up with his slang.    I learned that "cap" means lie.   Still doesn't make sense to me, but whatever.   I thought he had very neutral and good reporting.  Yeah I'll miss his reporting.  

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Yeah. I'm going to miss those insightful tweets this preson - "Wilson incomplete to Davis.  Wilson complete to Moore for 8 yards and then Moore goes out of bounce.  "  What will I do without this information????

They aren’t allowed to describe  routes, schemes, etc 

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, jNYC1 said:

DJ was one of the best reporters on the beat.  Brought neutral agenda free writing, strong football knowledge, good questions in presser, broader NFL perspective, etc., to his work.

Engaged well with fans - even when opinions varied or fans acted "fanatically" - and he did so consistently across multiple channels (pods & social media).  He also brought some entertaining elements of youth/current culture and vernacular to the beat... in an authentic way.   I'm sure he educated a few fans on what the young folks/ players are saying these days...

Looking at his twitter feed - overwhelmingly Jets Twitter is sad that he's going. 

I'll really miss his coverage... dude is a real one, and a major loss on the beat.

DJ couldn’t have written this better himself….. wait a second… DJ?

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Lith said:

Who starts the KRL to NYDN campaign?

KRL of two, three years ago?  Absolutely, 100%.

More recently he's been a bit too "Manish" with his biases in his camp reporting IMO.

His work prior tho, was exceptional.

In terms of DJ, As a non-local I never read his newspaper articles (I presume he wrote some), but his tweets (reposted on JN) were always sorta trash, spelling errors, a lack of knowledge, alot of bias, etc.  Very much the modern style of "I'll tell you want to think, for the clicks" kinda reporter it seemed, but again, never read his articles, they might have been fire for all I know.

To be honest, I think reporting of facts is all I really want.  We Fans can form our own opinions, we don't need a Manish or a DJ to tell us how to evaluate those facts.  A universal problem with "journalism" these days tbqh. 

JMO.

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

DJ will be on JetNation Radio next week FYI.

Too funny, I literally started commenting how he seems to be taking a turn towards being positive and supporting the team. Poor guy, should have learned positivity will not be tolerated. Wish him well on his next gig. 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

More recently he's been a bit too "Manish" with his biases in his camp reporting IMO.

In terms of DJ, As a non-local I never read his newspaper articles (I presume he wrote some), but his tweets (reposted on JN) were always sorta trash, spelling errors, a lack of knowledge, alot of bias, etc.  Very much the modern style of "I'll tell you want to think, for the clicks" kinda reporter it seemed, but again, never read his articles, they might have been fire for all I know.

To be honest, I think reporting of facts is all I really want.  We Fans can form our own opinions, we don't need a Manish or a DJ to tell us how to evaluate those facts.  A universal problem with "journalism" these days tbqh. 

JMO.

You do realize that the last time KRL was at camp was three years ago right? Sorry to spoil your hot take but he wasn't at the last two lol.

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

You do realize that the last time KRL was at camp was three years ago right? Sorry to spoil your hot take but he wasn't at the last two lol.

Wasn't meant as a hot take.

I have no idea when KRL was at camp vs. just posting camp-report-like posts.  

Not sure it makes a difference as to what I posted.  

In the past he seemed very objective/neutral, the perfect reporter.

Lately, less so, as I see it.  

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I thought he was pretty terrible to begin with but he got better.   was just getting used to his style and I was learning a lot more young hip words and expressions.

Yeah, but you live in Canada.   

12 hours ago, Warfish said:

What are you talking about? What bias are you talking ? The fact that he doesn’t continuously criticize our rookie Qb last year?

Sounds like your bias is playing a role in your unwarranted criticism.