Flight 2022 airs tonight - All 5 episodes dropping

23 hours ago, Green Truth said:

These videos are hype videos and very well done,  but they are awesome.  Could they not find a sweater for G Wilson that doesn't look like moths got to it.  For you older fans Wilson looks like Roger from the TV show What's Happenin.  These guys are ready and hungry.  I'm excited for them. Good luck to all the draft picks.

Morris Thorpe from The White Shadow

18 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Where was Ulbrich in the broom closet?  Maybe he is mush and was in the bathroom.

Why isnt our DC in the war room?

Was he in the war room prior to the Gardner pick? He was after they were on the clock. 

LaFleur was in the war room after they were on the clock for GWilson. 

Does it really matter?  All the coaches, scouts went over all the players in their pre draft meetings. 

• Upvote 3

On 6/17/2022 at 9:00 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Same type of thing done for the Lions.  Not sure if it was done for every team.

image.png.02633710a81b24fa81abf7440c303c31.png

I would love to see the Texans video. Wondering what their thought process was on Stingley. Sauce metrics head/shoulders above him. Only SEC competition was the only positive.

Loved the film of Sauce vs. Alabama.

Thank you Houston….. thank you!

Also big thanks to Atlanta taking London

• Sympathy 3

17 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

The Ulbrich interaction with JD seemed forced and unnatural also, overly joyous and happy. I feel like Ulbrich will be one of the first to go if sh*t hits the fan 

Really?  Yeah let me stage my excitement getting one of our top 8 players, after I thought we were done for the night, who happens to be a major position of need for what I’m responsible for. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I would love to see the Texans video. Wondering what their thought process was on Stingley. Sauce metrics head/shoulders above him. Only SEC competition was the only positive.

I have listened to about 10 livestreams of the draft on YouTube (which has been really interesting) and many probably most had Stingley as a higher end prospect than Sauce. Once he showed he was healthy at this pro day he was graded basically only on his freshman season which most think is better than any of Sauce's and they think 4.30 versus 4.41 makes a difference at corner. They also downplayed Sauce's level of competition, but of course not discussing Sauce completely shutting Jameson down. I don't necessarily agree with it but more had Stingley above Sauce. Obviously we didn't and thats all that matters.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Really?  Yeah let me stage my excitement getting one of our top 8 players, after I thought we were done for the night, who happens to be a major position of need for what I’m responsible for. 

I wont comment on Ulbrich, but one thing I noticed is Christopher and JD don't seem very close

• Upvote 1

On 6/17/2022 at 10:16 AM, Matt39 said:

They want players who practice every day, play hard, and are committed to football

I hope Big Ticket was watching how glowingly they spoke about Tomlinson on being a leader, practicing hard, playing almost every snap.

I think LT can really help Becton understands what’s required to be more than a professional athlete, being a winner and having that mentality.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, johnnysd said:

The thing I thought was interesting (and I think I heard it right) is that JJ was their 9th rated prospect. BUT he was 8th on the Jets board which suggests that someone they had rated higher (Thibs) was taken off

JD initially misspoke saying he’s our 9th rated then looked down (probably to their list) and corrected himself to actually our 8th. 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, y2k8 said:

My favorite parts were the draft day phone calls. They are hilariously awkward and all basically the same.

Hogan: This is Rex with the Jets. No, not that Rex. Yes, the New York Jets. The football team. You ready to do this?  Let's get it. 

Douglas: Hey, what's up man? We're so fired up to have you, man. That's right, brother. Fired up, man. [Other Hulk Hogan catch phrases.]

Saleh: [LOUD YELLING] Congratulations, brother. All gas. No brake. All gas no brake. All gas no brake. All gas no brake. Congratulations, brother.

Woody: Oh, we were so, so worried we wouldn't get you. But we got you, even though we were so, so worried. And we are so, so happy. Everyone is happy. Especially me. You are a handsome man. We are so happy to have you. I knew when they told me your shoe size that we needed to get you. Have you ever been to a Turkish Bath? We have great ones here.

Christopher [before being locked in a closet]: Today is the first day of the rest of your life. 

JD “you ready to join the family?”   “Welcome to the family”. 

13 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I wont comment on Ulbrich, but one thing I noticed is Christopher and JD don't seem very close

Huh?  No idea what this means or how you came to this conclusion. Christopher is in the background, off to the side. All he is now is a title. He also hired JD. 

On 6/17/2022 at 7:23 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

Just watched episode 3.  Very cool to see the character of the guys they brough t in via free agency.  And all of them are thrilled to be here and especially playing for coach saleh.

Again, how we stumbled into Douglas and Saleh might never be answered, but it will be the greatest thing that ever happened to this franchise.

Onto Episode 4.

Hearing all of our draft picks speak coherently, humbly and gratefully made me want to go out and buy 5 new jersey’s.

By far my favorite’s are JJ and Wilson. JJ so happy to see his JC coach and flashing all the team logos stitched to the inside of his jacket speaks volumes about his gratitude to all those that have helped him in his journey.

Hall seemed a little salty when he got the call, but I think he expected to be a 1st round player… and rightfully so. Him and Carter will be dynamic together. Lefleur speaking about Carter apologizing for getting caught from behind twice last season and wanting to be “1 yard faster” excites me.

• Upvote 1

On 6/17/2022 at 10:04 PM, rtnelson said:

There could be something like you described that happened.  It certainly works, but in reality we dont really know and probably wont ever know.

They didnt celebrate or act very happy when ATL took London, I caught a vive that could have been where they would have gone with the pick at 10 if all were available.  But without seeing their board, we dont really know.

So top 8 players were probably, in no particular order, Hutch, Sauce, Ekwonu, JJ, Thibs, Neal.

Then there is the discussion on the last 2. I don’t think Stingley is in top 15 TBH.

Walker

Wilson

London

Cross

I think the lack of excitement was that Seattle still had to pick and with Shneider’s propensity to trade down, I think they were still nervous someone would jump up to take Wilson. Everyone in the league knew we needed a #1 WR, The fact that there might finally be a run on WR might add to their angst. Just my $.02 

The way they erupted after learning Cross was the pick tells me of their desire for GW!

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

The All Gas, No Brake thing is lame. Let it go, dude....

For years all we have heard and read about the Jets is “what is the Jets identity”.  

Saleh wants the Jets identity to be “All Gas No Brake” 

And yes, I know in the end it’s all about wins. 

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

I have listened to about 10 livestreams of the draft on YouTube (which has been really interesting) and many probably most had Stingley as a higher end prospect than Sauce. Once he showed he was healthy at this pro day he was graded basically only on his freshman season which most think is better than any of Sauce's and they think 4.30 versus 4.41 makes a difference at corner. They also downplayed Sauce's level of competition, but of course not discussing Sauce completely shutting Jameson down. I don't necessarily agree with it but more had Stingley above Sauce. Obviously we didn't and thats all that matters.

Stingley’s injury history automatically drops him from top 10 discussions for me.

He looks great in shorts but not in the medical tent.

Sauce’s long/lean body type is less prone to soft-tissue injuries IMO.

SCOUTING REPORT: SUMMARY

The supremely athletically gifted and talented Stingley has established himself as the best cornerback in college football and will likely be a top-five pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, but he however doesn't come with risks: The most obvious one being - how much time will he actually play - especially considering he's missed nearly half his college games with injuries? Secondly, he really only plays man coverage and will be wasted in a zone coverage team. 
He has the talent to go in the top three but we consider the risk too great to warrant a selection that high - we have a top 10 grade on Stingley - but no higher.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

3 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I think the video showed they had Sauce ranked over Stingley at least.   They were really happy once they heard Houston took Stingley.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, y2k8 said:

My favorite parts were the draft day phone calls. They are hilariously awkward and all basically the same.

Hogan: This is Rex with the Jets. No, not that Rex. Yes, the New York Jets. The football team. You ready to do this?  Let's get it. 

Douglas: Hey, what's up man? We're so fired up to have you, man. That's right, brother. Fired up, man. [Other Hulk Hogan catch phrases.]

Saleh: [LOUD YELLING] Congratulations, brother. All gas. No brake. All gas no brake. All gas no brake. All gas no brake. Congratulations, brother.

Woody: Oh, we were so, so worried we wouldn't get you. But we got you, even though we were so, so worried. And we are so, so happy. Everyone is happy. Especially me. You are a handsome man. We are so happy to have you. I knew when they told me your shoe size that we needed to get you. Have you ever been to a Turkish Bath? We have great ones here.

Christopher [before being locked in a closet]: Today is the first day of the rest of your life. 

This is great ?

On 6/17/2022 at 10:08 AM, Jimmy 2 Times said:

It was meh.  

I was hoping for more war room things besides just the players they took.  At least we know they weren't lying about JJ being in their top 8.  

The most interesting part was cut off.  I think JD was tossing about Laken and said, "Let me throw a curve"

What was the curve???!!???

You expect them to show players they passed up for players they liked better for the world to see?  Pull the same dumb move Jerry did showing his draft board ratings?

• Upvote 1

On 6/17/2022 at 7:10 PM, RedBeardedSavage said:

Did anyone else get the impression that Saleh and Ulbrich wanted Jermaine badly, perhaps even more than the other two first rounders?

• with Saleh talking about how a great cornerback is nice "but that this defense is built around the edge" or something of that nature during pre-draft discussions with the front office
  • the giddiness of Saleh saying "he's falling" (in reference to Jermaine)
  • the enthusiasm from Saleh and Ulbrich when we got Jermaine - Ulbrich coming back into the war room enthusiastically 
  • And then Ulbrich later reviewing JJ's film in the one-on-one interview with the camera saying something like "getting the guy you pounded the table for"

I got the vibe that Saleh and Ulbrich preferred JJ or at least an edge, to either a WR or CB. Granted, it doesn't matter since we got all three, but I feel like the JJ trade-up was JD giving his coaching staff what they wanted... and also JD not selecting him top ten showed fidelity to his draft philosophy - strict adherence to his board. 

I could be reading into things. I could be wrong. I just got the vibe that there was a difference of opinion there, and it's fairly serendipitous not only for the roster but also for the morale/relationship of the front office + coaching staff that the draft played out the way it did. 

JD got his 'can't miss'/BPA pick in Sauce - the safe move for a GM. Lafleur got his weapon for Zach and the team kept their promise to Zach i.e. 'lift you up'. Saleh and Ulbrich got the edge player they desperately wanted. Nobody from GM, coach to QB has a gripe.

Difficult to not feel lucky about the way things played out. 

They spent the first picks of the draft hoping Sauce was t picked, went crazy celebrating when Stingley was picked leaving Sauce for them.  Ran to give the pick in.  A big part of the JJ celebration was just in getting the extra 1st round pic and more importantly 3 of their top 8 ranked players

• Upvote 2

Liked the parts showing the process that goes into evaluating players and other things (especially clips if Ron Middleton would like to be able to sit at a bar and have a few drinks with him) I know they have to show them but Really could do without the Woody and Chris Johnson speaking to the players after they have been selected it was cringe worthy hearing those two speak 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

I'll tell you exactly what they saw. Watch his actual game tape. It's the closest thing to revis I've seen. His speed, mirror, play strength, intelligence, body control, tackling ability....

I swear I was watching revis if I didn't know better. That said, I would take gardner every day over stingley. His health is too big a question mark to ignore. Gardner skill set combined with size is so unique. Not sure we've seen a guy like him. People throw our Cromartie as a comp but I think he's better than cro

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

23 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I think the durability/availability thing here might have tipped the scales. And I prefer Sauce - Stingley is Milliner 2.0.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1