Jump to content

Flight 2022 airs tonight - All 5 episodes dropping


Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

The Ulbrich interaction with JD seemed forced and unnatural also, overly joyous and happy. I feel like Ulbrich will be one of the first to go if sh*t hits the fan 

I think Urlbrich is one of the brightest young defensive minds in the league.  The Jets havent had a pass rusher in 20 years.  I think they overjoy was justified dont you?

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I think Urlbrich is one of the brightest young defensive minds in the league.  The Jets havent had a pass rusher in 20 years.  I think they overjoy was justified dont you?

Yeah he proved it last year by giving up about 40 points a game.

LaFleur you could say is a bright young coach,  Ulbrich was bad and had no answers when things went bad.

  • Upvote 3
  • Confused 2
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Yeah he proved it last year by giving up about 40 points a game.

LaFleur you could say is a bright young coach,  Ulbrich was bad and had no answers when things went bad.

He had no talent.  You were probably one of the fans that was calling for Lafluers head in week 5.

Have some patience.  Let the guy get some talented players before you put him on the chopping block.  My goodness.

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just watched episode 3.  Very cool to see the character of the guys they brough t in via free agency.  And all of them are thrilled to be here and especially playing for coach saleh.

Again, how we stumbled into Douglas and Saleh might never be answered, but it will be the greatest thing that ever happened to this franchise.

Onto Episode 4.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

JD and RS would be wise to design their offensive and defensive and ST game planning so as to minimize the impact of QB variance on wins and losses.

There’s only so much you can do in a passing league, but if I’m LaFleur I run it 40 times a game if I can.

I keep Zuerlein over Eddy pine nuts and hope he can consistently bang it through from 50+

Zach Wilson basically admitted in Ep 1 of 1JD 2022 last night that he had no clue what he was looking at for the most part as far as reading defenses in year 1.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Did anyone else get the impression that Saleh and Ulbrich wanted Jermaine badly, perhaps even more than the other two first rounders?

  • with Saleh talking about how a great cornerback is nice "but that this defense is built around the edge" or something of that nature during pre-draft discussions with the front office
  • the giddiness of Saleh saying "he's falling" (in reference to Jermaine)
  • the enthusiasm from Saleh and Ulbrich when we got Jermaine - Ulbrich coming back into the war room enthusiastically 
  • And then Ulbrich later reviewing JJ's film in the one-on-one interview with the camera saying something like "getting the guy you pounded the table for"

I got the vibe that Saleh and Ulbrich preferred JJ or at least an edge, to either a WR or CB. Granted, it doesn't matter since we got all three, but I feel like the JJ trade-up was JD giving his coaching staff what they wanted... and also JD not selecting him top ten showed fidelity to his draft philosophy - strict adherence to his board. 

I could be reading into things. I could be wrong. I just got the vibe that there was a difference of opinion there, and it's fairly serendipitous not only for the roster but also for the morale/relationship of the front office + coaching staff that the draft played out the way it did. 

JD got his 'can't miss'/BPA pick in Sauce - the safe move for a GM. Lafleur got his weapon for Zach and the team kept their promise to Zach i.e. 'lift you up'. Saleh and Ulbrich got the edge player they desperately wanted. Nobody from GM, coach to QB has a gripe.

Difficult to not feel lucky about the way things played out. 

There could be something like you described that happened.  It certainly works, but in reality we dont really know and probably wont ever know.

They didnt celebrate or act very happy when ATL took London, I caught a vive that could have been where they would have gone with the pick at 10 if all were available.  But without seeing their board, we dont really know.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

He had no talent.  You were probably one of the fans that was calling for Lafluers head in week 5.

Have some patience.  Let the guy get some talented players before you put him on the chopping block.  My goodness.

 

I hope you are right man. Ulbrich does seem to be way over his head sometimes. Hopefully he delivers in year 2. It is in our best interest that he does. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Yeah he proved it last year by giving up about 40 points a game.

LaFleur you could say is a bright young coach,  Ulbrich was bad and had no answers when things went bad.

I did and still think from time to time that he appears to be the least talented of the two coodinators, but you kinda had to give him at least some credit for the play from Quincy Williams, Jason Pinnock and keeping it together in the carrousel of safeties that we had through the year. 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just finished episode 4.  Great view of draft night in the war room.  I never heard of a team getting 3 of the consensus top 9 guys in the draft.  Was there some luck?  Sure.  What we are seeing is a gm who is becoming the best at his craft in the entire league.  Joe Douglas is the joe burrow/justin herbert of GMs.

We have a generational gm.  Multiple Super Bowl are coming our way.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Probably could’ve been a lot shorter but with how slow things are, was enjoyable.

Some cool things to see were what the Jets look for. Durability being a pillar they showed makes me curious whether that was just for this year or part of their process moving forward. The 2020 draft and unspeakable amount of injuries the Jets have had definitely must have played a role. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just finished the last episode. LaFleur talking up Michael Carter, Elijah Moore, and Zach....wow that got me really fired up.

That said, Zach's 80's Tears for Fears mullet bothers me. Dude needs to get rid of that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The thing I thought was interesting (and I think I heard it right) is that JJ was their 9th rated prospect. BUT he was 8th on the Jets board which suggests that someone they had rated higher (Thibs) was taken off

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I think Urlbrich is one of the brightest young defensive minds in the league.  The Jets havent had a pass rusher in 20 years.  I think they overjoy was justified dont you?

I think, of anyone, Ulbrich came out looking the best. 

I didn't know a lot about him - but I liked him a lot in this.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, sourceworx said:

Just finished the last episode. LaFleur talking up Michael Carter, Elijah Moore, and Zach....wow that got me really fired up.

That said, Zach's 80's Tears for Fears mullet bothers me. Dude needs to get rid of that.

Have you seen the Women Zach keeps showing up with?

I think his hair is doing him just fine.

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

My favorite parts were the draft day phone calls. They are hilariously awkward and all basically the same.

Hogan: This is Rex with the Jets. No, not that Rex. Yes, the New York Jets. The football team. You ready to do this?  Let's get it. 

Douglas: Hey, what's up man? We're so fired up to have you, man. That's right, brother. Fired up, man. [Other Hulk Hogan catch phrases.]

Saleh: [LOUD YELLING] Congratulations, brother. All gas. No brake. All gas no brake. All gas no brake. All gas no brake. Congratulations, brother.

Woody: Oh, we were so, so worried we wouldn't get you. But we got you, even though we were so, so worried. And we are so, so happy. Everyone is happy. Especially me. You are a handsome man. We are so happy to have you. I knew when they told me your shoe size that we needed to get you. Have you ever been to a Turkish Bath? We have great ones here.

Christopher [before being locked in a closet]: Today is the first day of the rest of your life. 

listening to every one of those - Woody Johnson is so cringe worthy.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Whoa! Whoa! I am still on episode three of the 2021 season.

 

Just watched episode one. Mike LaFleur and or/ Ron Middleton will be head coaches in either the NFL or college in 2-3 years. 

Unfortunately I think you're right, and that's going to be a problem for the JETS, because I believe ML is the real deal, and it's going to be a bad day when we lose him as our OC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 68JET11 said:

Unfortunately I think you're right, and that's going to be a problem for the JETS, because I believe ML is the real deal, and it's going to be a bad day when we lose him as our OC.

Mike lafluer is not going anywhere anytime soon.  And we already have his replacement on staff in rob calabrese.  Douglas and saleh are always 2 steps ahead.  Its one of their best qualities.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My favorite part of them was when one of the scouts was giving his profile on I believe Michael Clemons. "This is a tough, physical, ultra aggressive, innately violent individual. This guy's switch is real, etc..."

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, y2k8 said:

My favorite parts were the draft day phone calls. They are hilariously awkward and all basically the same.

Hogan: This is Rex with the Jets. No, not that Rex. Yes, the New York Jets. The football team. You ready to do this?  Let's get it. 

Douglas: Hey, what's up man? We're so fired up to have you, man. That's right, brother. Fired up, man. [Other Hulk Hogan catch phrases.]

Saleh: [LOUD YELLING] Congratulations, brother. All gas. No brake. All gas no brake. All gas no brake. All gas no brake. Congratulations, brother.

Woody: Oh, we were so, so worried we wouldn't get you. But we got you, even though we were so, so worried. And we are so, so happy. Everyone is happy. Especially me. You are a handsome man. We are so happy to have you. I knew when they told me your shoe size that we needed to get you. Have you ever been to a Turkish Bath? We have great ones here.

Christopher [before being locked in a closet]: Today is the first day of the rest of your life. 

You put all this together and managed to forget, Woody telling every player, “you’re gonna love New York,” which he literally did.  Every time.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 68JET11 said:

My favorite part of them was when one of the scouts was giving his profile on I believe Michael Clemons. "This is a tough, physical, ultra aggressive, innately violent individual. This guy's switch is real, etc..."

 

Innately violent 🤣🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How about that face time call between Berrios and Zach right after Berrios signed his contract.....

Berrios: You gonna throw me the ball more this year?

Zach: emotionlesss "Yeah"

call over

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...