Metlife selected for FIFA 2026

kevinc855

12 minutes ago, freestater said:

PSL gold..?

Absolutely.

I get to buy tickets same as anyone else for the same price. And as for that advance sale, sure but I am in the same pool as Amex and other credit card holders.

gold indeed

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Trotter said:

Absolutely.

I get to buy tickets same as anyone else for the same price. And as for that advance sale, sure but I am in the same pool as Amex and other credit card holders.

gold indeed

Not sure you understand how things work… or who to call… but I can assure you if you have a PSL you are getting a seat first.

Have you built a good relationship with your rep? Do you even have season tickets?

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

2D51E78F-06C7-40A5-A69A-053240CA10A7.jpeg

Can’t wait. Definitely gonna be a good time.

Metlife is a great stadium for it… high capacity… great sign lines… loud… gonna be a blast.

22 minutes ago, ECURB said:

Not sure you understand how things work… or who to call… but I can assure you if you have a PSL you are getting a seat first.

Have you built a good relationship with your rep? Do you even have season tickets?

Have had at least 10 reps since stadium opened. 
inquired several times about advance tickets for concerts and was told there was an advance sale for psl tickets. 

that advance sale was same date and time I received from Amex.

to answer specifically- yes I have 4 seats all psl’s.

tell me where the advance benefit is.

38 minutes ago, Dwight Englewood said:

Toronto is the 4th largest city in North America and Vancouver is maybe the world’s most beautiful city

They have to make massive renos to the Toronto stadium and add like 20,000 seats.

Vancouver is nice though not without it's own problems, their stadium is fine.

Edmonton has a really  good stadium that would need no expansion and just the addition of a grass field. More importantly Edmonton has demonstrated they have the support and history for this, they  hosted the womans world cup and several high profile matches, all well done and sell outs.

Hey it is what it is but strictly from a 'deserving' point of view Edmonton deserved it.

The Toronto stadium they have to add gobs of seats to just to get to like 45,000:

20210714-torontofc.jpg?w=2048&cmd=resize

Commonwealth Stadium in Edmonton, holds 62,000:

CommonwealthStadium_Carousel1.jpg

5 hours ago, ECURB said:

Is that guaranteed?  Did a ML Stadium tour a few years back and was told if you own a PSL on a seat, a Giants fan will own a PSL on that same seat.  He said this meant that for non Jets events, you could lose out if the Giants fan wants that same ticket.

5 hours ago, AFJF said:

Is that guaranteed?  Did a ML Stadium tour a few years back and was told if you own a PSL on a seat, a Giants fan will own a PSL on that same seat.  He said this meant that for non Jets events, you could lose out if the Giants fan wants that same ticket.

The pre sale isn’t necessarily to get “your” seats… you could go for better seats or worse seats or for some events the seating is totally different like concerts.

My point was if I called my rep right now and said mark down that I want XYZ tickets to FIFA I would get them, before Amex before whatever else.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, ECURB said:

The pre sale isn’t necessarily to get “your” seats… you could go for better seats or worse seats or for some events the seating is totally different like concerts.

My point was if I called my rep right now and said mark down that I want XYZ tickets to FIFA I would get them, before Amex before whatever else.

Could that level of service be tied to level of PSL?

I do not own the lowest level PSL but also do not have club level or above. The several times i attempted this was always for concerts and not attempted in at least 5 years. It was always with different reps but the message was the same - there is an advanced PSL holder presale that you can use. Like I said - that presale was exactly the same as Citi and AMEX.

I truly hope what you are experiencing is the norm and I have simply had bad reps over the years. Your experience benefits all of us and I would certainly look to take advantage in the future.

12 hours ago, ECURB said:

Can’t wait. Definitely gonna be a good time.

Metlife is a great stadium for it… high capacity… great sign lines… loud… gonna be a blast.

One of the worst stadiums to get in and out of. 

19 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

One of the worst stadiums to get in and out of. 

Been to alot of football stadiums. You arent cruising out of any. Yes, Metlife is not the best, but find me a place in the NYC metropolitan area where 80k cars sail through

• Upvote 1

Can any season tix owner explain to me how PSLs work when the stadium is shared between 2 teams? I thought the whole selling point was that you have first right to the tickets for your seats to any event at that stadium? How does that work when their is a second team that sold a PSL to that seat to a Giants fan? Flip a coin? Battle to the death? 

12 hours ago, Beerfish said:

They have to make massive renos to the Toronto stadium and add like 20,000 seats.

Vancouver is nice though not without it's own problems, their stadium is fine.

Edmonton has a really  good stadium that would need no expansion and just the addition of a grass field. More importantly Edmonton has demonstrated they have the support and history for this, they  hosted the womans world cup and several high profile matches, all well done and sell outs.

Hey it is what it is but strictly from a 'deserving' point of view Edmonton deserved it.

The Toronto stadium they have to add gobs of seats to just to get to like 45,000:

20210714-torontofc.jpg?w=2048&cmd=resize

Commonwealth Stadium in Edmonton, holds 62,000:

CommonwealthStadium_Carousel1.jpg

problem with that stadium is that it's in Edmonton

5 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

Can any season tix owner explain to me how PSLs work when the stadium is shared between 2 teams? I thought the whole selling point was that you have first right to the tickets for your seats to any event at that stadium? How does that work when their is a second team that sold a PSL to that seat to a Giants fan? Flip a coin? Battle to the death? 

I am far from an expert on this but this is my understanding.

The psl right only applies to your seat for the jets. Same with the Giant fan as theirs only applies to Giants games.

If you are in a presale for a non Jets event - you can buy seats however, more than likely it is not your seat and may not even be in the same general location. My experience is a presale is date/time that is open to all psl holders - so for a non football event - Giants and Jets fans are in the same pool.

Using World cup as an example, my seats are lower level and very low rows. I highly doubt those seats are going to be avail to PSL holders as I would guess FIFA has rights to seats as well. If I go to a presale, I might still be in lower levels or could be in upper. Depends on availability and price.

Earlier in this thread, Ecurb mentioned that his experience has been to talk to his rep directly and reserve/guarantee seats. That has not been my experience so maybe he can respond and provide those details. I hope he is correct and it applies across the board to PSL holders

27 minutes ago, Trotter said:

is this the one in flemington?

The one in morris county is pretty much the same.

Never had their chicken - is it that good?

I just googled Chick Fil-A drive thru for a pic....so no idea where that particular one is.

The chicken is good, but a little overrated in my book, but that's more of a reflection of the cult like following they have.  If you get a chance tho, I would recommend trying it.

The one thing that cannot be debated (IMO) is the fact that they have the most efficient drive thru process anywhere.  I have little doubt that if they opened a side business for gameday traffic management you would breeze in and out of MetLife.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

I just googled Chick Fil-A drive thru for a pic....so no idea where that particular one is.

The chicken is good, but a little overrated in my book, but that's more of a reflection of the cult like following they have.  If you get a chance tho, I would recommend trying it.

The one thing that cannot be debated (IMO) is the fact that they have the most efficient drive thru process anywhere.  I have little doubt that if they opened a side business for gameday traffic management you would breeze in and out of MetLife.

Thanks.

Don't know a whole lot about them but I remember reading that they are closed on Sunday's. One NFL stadium actually has one inside the bldg (Saints?) but I beleive it remains closed on gameday 

33 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

Your PSL or upper deck season ticket does not apply to ALL events at Metlife. However, as a PSL/Season Ticket Holder you get pre sale opportunities usually to scoop up tickets to other Metlife events as an incentive. 

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

Thanks.

Don't know a whole lot about them but I remember reading that they are closed on Sunday's. One NFL stadium actually has one inside the bldg (Saints?) but I beleive it remains closed on gameday 

Yeah...the owner is super religious, so they're closed on Sunday.  I think there's one in Atlanta's stadium too.