Zach Wilson has potential to become 'big-timer'

3 hours ago, PorP said:

Same thought here,  was the 1st I heard. 

You can find the show I was watch on YouTube... it's the... something(?) Asman show. 

The beat writers have been at 80-90% of the workouts in the last month or so and if Zack was throwing even 1 pass per practice they saw in the dirt we would never see the end of it in the articles especially with Cimini. 

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Thanks for sharing.  While I didn't finish, he's pretty positive on what he's seeing.

I think Dirting the ball and short hopping are two different things - but I get his point.

A short hop is dirted before its "caught"... caught is in quotes because it's a dead ball...

At least that's what I've always known short hp as. 

Edit... ps, short hop is a baseball term and doesn't mean anything in foot ball... it all ends up being a dirted dead ball as far as I know

5 hours ago, PorP said:

He didn't get into amounts. 

Later in the show he did say if Zach can clean that up then "watch out"

He also had a lot to say about Becton not much of it was negative so that was good too.

Or if the bounce pass becomes legal, that would also help.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bronx said:

Fuk you Woody! This is lame! Daddy can I? Fuk off!

I think even Woody was embarrassed to be asked that question.  All he did was ask someone else "do you agree?" and, after hearing "absolutely" he said "let's do it". 

7 hours ago, PorP said:

I just watched a post minicamp overview from Sabo. He said Zach looked improved in a lot of areas but is still struggling with dirt balls on the easy throws.

He said it showed up in every practice.

Hopefully Zach can get that worked out before September. 

Here?  Because I don’t hear it.  He said one person, said he struggled but he didn’t see it  And not what he reports 

@FidelioJet

Didn’t he miss like one or two passes? lol

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, PorP said:

Here you go man. Over all I thought it was a good watch. 

This isn’t Sabo, it’s a blogger.  Sabo in his recap says he looked good and then says stats in camp are meaningless.  He said Zach got in trouble processing too fast but he wasn’t doing it.  He was talking in the past

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

This isn’t Sabo

And Asman wasn’t at camp

I really wanna hope your kidding with some super weird unfunny joke...

It's an hour long asman interview of Sabo where Sabo talks about camp the whole time. 

11 minutes ago, the Claw said:

Holy overreaction Batman. 

Ok Woody.  Jokes aside, it was a pathetic scene. Hey boss! JD is the man of the show. Why does Woody wants to steal his thunder? That is worst than cock blocking. 

4 minutes ago, PorP said:

I really wanna hope your kidding with some super weird unfunny joke...

It's an hour long asman interview of Sabo where Sabo talks about camp the whole time. 

Give the time mark where he says ZW is throwing dirt balls.  He doesn’t say it in his camp review.  And one more time ZW had high comp 5’s in mini camp so how

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Or if the bounce pass becomes legal, that would also help.

Pretty sure It actually is providing the ball is thrown behind the line of scrimmage. 
If I remember correctly there was a Wisconsin game when Toon was on the team that the QB of Wisconsin purposely bounced a pass to Toon who then threw a 50 yard strike to a wide open receiver. 

13 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Pretty sure It actually is providing the ball is thrown behind the line of scrimmage. 
If I remember correctly there was a Wisconsin game when Toon was on the team that the QB of Wisconsin purposely bounced a pass to Toon who then threw a 50 yard strike to a wide open receiver. 

You're right about behind line of scrimmage play. 

But I am pretty sure that's not what Sabo was referring to. 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Here?  Because I don’t hear it.  He said one person, said he struggled but he didn’t see it  And not what he reports 

@FidelioJet

Didn’t he miss like one or two passes? lol

Yup. 
ftom what I’ve heard, beside one day from Connor, he’s pretty much been lights out with the exception of some redzone reps when the D knows they can’t run.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bronx said:

Ok Woody.  Jokes aside, it was a pathetic scene. Hey boss! JD is the man of the show. Why does Woody wants to steal his thunder? That is worst than cock blocking. 

What is your problem.  Nothing about it was an overreaction.  Unless the entire room of personal people and coaches were overreacting too 

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Yup. 
ftom what I’ve heard, beside one day from Connor, he’s pretty much been lights out with the exception of some redzone reps when the D knows they can’t run.  

People hear whatever they want to hear on these things.  

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

People hear whatever they want to hear on these things.  

I fell for it (as I admitted to you)...I'm going to wait for own eyes from now on.    I have faith in the kid.

He's still going to struggle - it's a tough job.  But I want to see real progress and I expect to.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I fell for it (as I admitted to you)...I'm going to wait for own eyes from now on.    I have faith in the kid.

He's still going to struggle - it's a tough job.  But I want to see real progress and I expect to.

It’s actually worse.  Nowhere does Sabo say ZW is continuing to struggle throwing dirt balls all over the place.  His words, yes.  Sabos no.  
Worse yet, the Sabo video I posted was from yesterday and talks about how good ZW looked in minicamp 

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Give the time mark where he says ZW is throwing dirt balls.  He doesn’t say it in his camp review.  And one more time ZW had high comp 5’s in mini camp so how

It's this years camp and at 5:15 our so in. 

Now my spoon feeding meter is pegged. 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, PorP said:

It's this years camp and at 5:15 our so in. 

Now my spoon feeding meter is pegged. 

Where while he’s talking about how good he looks a couple of times he misses an easy one?  That’s throws “far to many dirt balls”?  it’s happened a few times and other than that he’s looked impressive. 

Face it, you heard it wrong or just flat out over exaggerated

• Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Where while he’s talking about how good he looks a couple of times he misses an easy one?  That’s throws “far to many dirt balls”?  Face it, you heard it wrong

You mean exactly what I said in my first post.........

Sabos words "every practice" which is exactly what I said.....

I feel there is intelligence barrier here.... I'll speak slower....

Sabo said "shoooooort hoooooop" "everyyyyyy practice" verbatim... 

• Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

What truly separates the greats is their mental makeup.

I mean we'll see, but I don't think Wilson has it.

If I were the Jets, I never would have aired that segment on Ep. 1 last night where ZW is talking in a monologue to the camera from his living room about his struggles.  I am not trying to be a downer here, but honestly, he just does not come across as a confident player.

He basically admitted in that segment that for most of the year, when dropping back, he had no clue what he was looking at.

And the way he talks, I don't know how to say it..... as he's saying whatever he's saying, you get the feeling that even he doesn't believe the words coming out of his own mouth.  

It's like he's saying what he knows is acceptable, or just parroting company line buzzwords or whatever ("improvement", "culture", "process", etc.).  There's just something inauthentic about how he presents.  I felt the same way about Darnold. 

So maybe part of it is a hyper-controlling Jets PR department handing these guys a script and warning them not to deviate.  I have no idea.

well....thank god you are not trying to be a downer......imagine if you did

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

10 hours ago, PorP said:

Idk bro but if fixing Zach is a easy as convincing him he's not throwing to 1st base... I'll take it lol. 

I like Jake Asman, I think he is pretty good, but some of his guests are way too schticky. The only guests that are reliable contributions are the guy from Jets Central (forgot his name), Green Bean, and OLeary. 

In other words....forget that guy and his Karenesque commentaries.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PorP said:

You mean exactly what I said in my first post.........

Sabos words "every practice" which is exactly what I said.....

I feel there is intelligence barrier here.... I'll speak slower....

Sabo said "shoooooort hoooooop" "everyyyyyy practice" verbatim... 

He said he looks really good, just misses a dew easy ones.  

One more time again.  He didnt say he was struggling with dirt balls.  And from me, again, for you and fantasy loser, if he goes 10-11 and the ball is a short miss, I could f'n care less.  But thanks for using that to dispute how good hes looked and make Simms look bad.  Because a YouTube guy is the guy to hang your hat on.  

Does @Fantasy Island contribute anything more than countless thumb down votes?  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bronx said:

JD was informing the owner of the team what he planned on doing, and the owner backed him up. What’s the problem? 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, the Claw said:

JD was informing the owner of the team what he planned on doing, and the owner backed him up. What’s the problem? 

Its the tried and true hate your owner take

Meanwhile if he was in the room when the trade was made he would shlt his pants with excitement ?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Another illiterate listener.

So far today...

You said you didn't hear it in a wrong video I didn't post.... despite me posting the video

When you did find it you felt the need to tell me asman wasn't at camp

When I slow-splained it to you

You said you didn't hear it... that was last year.... what's the time stamp...

When I pointed out the time stamp... you cherry picked your content and were dishonest

You either failed to read or lack the comprehension to understand my first post

You literally fake quoted me... I mean seriously bro... #desperate

Are you sure it's everyone else...

Lol....

12 minutes ago, PorP said:

So far today...

You said you didn't hear it in a wrong video I didn't post.... despite me posting the video

When you did find it you felt the need to tell me asman wasn't at camp

When I slow-splained it to you

You said you didn't hear it... that was last year.... what's the time stamp...

When I pointed out the time stamp... you cherry picked your content and were dishonest

You either failed to read or lack the comprehension to understand my first post

You literally fake quoted me... I mean seriously bro... #desperate

Are you sure it's everyone else...

Lol....

A few misses isnt throwing balls in the dirt.  You dont get it, good for you.

Interesting that Sabo doesnt say this on his camp revue.  Or anyone else.  After being at around 80% comp%  who cares where those few misses come from.  These morons think 2 short passes a practice are problematic, that other QBs dont.  

So you worry about a couple of passes.  To dispute all the good revues 

What was the last name you posted under?