Dan Orlovsky Believes In Zach

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

I appreciate you posting my take but nowhere in that take did I say, "Mac Jones sucks".  I said, he sucked when he was forced to throw the ball downfield and not just dink and dunk and I said that because it's 100% true.  What is also true is that Mac Jones was by far the best rookie of the class (though Davis Mills isnt that far behind considering his situation) but I also believe he's very limited, and I'd take the potential of every QB taken in that 1st round over him.  I believe the Patriots will never be true contenders with Mac Jones because of his limitations.  Come Dec.  Mac Jones is not who you want as your QB, unless you play in a dome.  Does that mean I think he sucks?  Nope.  I just dont think he's good enough.  He's Chad Pennington 2.0 but he'd never be able to pull off the Buffalo Bootleg the way Chadwick did.

chad-pennington-nyj.gif

Remember laughing our asses off when he gave the Bills that head fake and TD run

Agree about Jones.  He is what he is now, a well prepared rookie QB after his time with Alabama who was ready for what he was going to see in the NFL.  Far more ready that the other rookie QBs.  Who also benefitted by playing for a well balanced team with a top OC.  But he will always be limited by his physical talents and when the rest of his draft class matches his experience their talents will pass him by.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

I appreciate you posting my take but nowhere in that take did I say, "Mac Jones sucks".  I said, he sucked when he was forced to throw the ball downfield and not just dink and dunk and I said that because it's 100% true.  What is also true is that Mac Jones was by far the best rookie of the class (though Davis Mills isnt that far behind considering his situation) but I also believe he's very limited, and I'd take the potential of every QB taken in that 1st round over him.  I believe the Patriots will never be true contenders with Mac Jones because of his limitations.  Come Dec.  Mac Jones is not who you want as your QB, unless you play in a dome.  Does that mean I think he sucks?  Nope.  I just dont think he's good enough.  He's Chad Pennington 2.0 but he'd never be able to pull off the Buffalo Bootleg the way Chadwick did.

chad-pennington-nyj.gif

As much as some people love to talk about arm strength, mobility, off platform throws, etc., 90 to 95% of being a good QB in the NFL is still about being able to calmly sit in a pocket, go through your reads quickly and make an accurate throw. Jones does this well already. His arm strength is limited, but he can work on that (Brady's arm improved from his second season). Jones will never have Wilson's arm, but he doesn't need it to be successful. 

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

All very true but when you play in NE and struggle to push the ball down field, it's a problem come Dec.  Maybe he gets used to it, maybe he gets better, or maybe he doesnt.  Brady showed he could play in the elements immediately and let's be real his commitment is unrivaled and he's also ate more HGH than some countries have food.  If Mac has that type of commitment to his game, sure, maybe he can improve.  Otherwise, I just think he's a guy who will be good enough to always keep them in the playoff/division hunt but never good enough to go win playoff games.  Also going to be very interesting to see him without Josh McDaniel's.

I'm well aware these takes could be bumped and laughed at but I'm cool with it.

Good chance we are all falling into a trap. Can't wait to read the Tua thread.

I'm definitely in the in the Zach needs to approach 4,000 yards (assuming he plays 17 games) for me to continue to believe in him. I think I will lose faith in him if he is below 3,500. In between, I am will still likely convince myself he is on the right track and will get to FQB status in year 3.

13 hours ago, maury77 said:

As much as some people love to talk about arm strength, mobility, off platform throws, etc., 90 to 95% of being a good QB in the NFL is still about being able to calmly sit in a pocket, go through your reads quickly and make an accurate throw. Jones does this well already. His arm strength is limited, but he can work on that (Brady's arm improved from his second season). Jones will never have Wilson's arm, but he doesn't need it to be successful. 

Drive for show, putt for dough.

• Upvote 1

On 6/18/2022 at 4:23 AM, JiFapono said:

chad-pennington-nyj.gif

I just screenshot the post because imo "sucked donkey dick" and sucked are pretty damn close hahahaha

“Davis had a step on Gardner, but the rookie used his speed to close the gap and then break up the pass. Later, in a red-zone drill, Gardner jumped a Wilson pass and returned it 100 yards for a touchdown.“

Sauce is good.

Wilson?   Smart money would be on Jets looking for a new QB within the next year or so.

Pretty much everything on this team is falling into place except for OT, LB and QB.