If I was Baker Mayfield...

Bronx

9 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I'm not arguing this. I understood what Slat said and he mentioned the league drops his salary to the league minimum and the hit is 20 million. You on the other hand just said a team can circumvent  the cap by suspending a player which just makes absolutely  no sense. 

You missed what Slats said, the NFL isn’t dropping Watsons salary to the league minimum.  The Browns staggered the deal so that Watson is only due $1M of the deal in year one so that his $40M won’t be taken away from him due to the suspension they know he’s getting.  If he’s suspended for a year his deal only pays him the $1 mil this season.  
I have no idea what you’re claiming I said about circumventing the cap.  Read slower, i said if you get cap relief for suspended players you could lower your cap numbers by suspending a player to explain why your thinking the Browns will get cap relief for Watson doesn’t work.  Just an additional thought 

On 6/17/2022 at 5:37 PM, Bronx said:

I will tell the Browns to go and fuk themselves with their roasted pig.

Porky Pig Watson

s-l500.jpg.f11a44ea1f2783faf1e17f31223dcccd.jpg

389757100_download(29).jpeg.cae93c561baddd2c63f1b09ce68fe57a.jpeg

Wow. And Patriots got how much? For repeated cheating plus their scumbag owner supporting sex trafficking?

• Upvote 1

On 6/18/2022 at 3:05 PM, ScarletKnight89 said:

Interesting situation for Baker Mayfield.

He probably stands to make more money by sucking it up and playing for the Browns. They have a loaded roster and give him the best opportunity to have a good year before hitting the market.

But the Browns have told him he isn't their guy, it would be a nice FU to them for him to tell them he isn't playing regardless of whether or not Watson is suspended for the year. But it could come at the expense of costing him money. 

Most of the comments I've seen so far focus on what Mayfield should / shouldn't do - but what about the Browns?

Let's say Mayfield does "suck it up" and commit to playing - if he does well then it'll really leave the team open to looking like morons for moving on from him. If he struggles then yes, it gives more of a justification to the decision to replace him, but the team are then in a position where they would be banking on NOT winning, which is harmful beyond just the QB position. 

Best option IMHO is to get rid of Mayfield one way or the other, play Brisset as a "bridge" QB until Watson is available. It puts one storyline to bed early on rather than having it rumble as a distraction through the regular season. Players will get sick of being asked about it every week.

They've already decided to move on - it's time to act on it.

How about Stefanski resigning along with the coaching staff.   Why is it up to the NFL and the Browns to discipline Watson.   How about the entire team tells the Browns ownership to get F.  They entire team is complicit at this point.  

Baker has the high ground by default. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Biggs said:

How about Stefanski resigning along with the coaching staff.   Why is it up to the NFL and the Browns to discipline Watson.   How about the entire team tells the Browns ownership to get F.  They entire team is complicit at this point.  

Baker has the high ground by default. 

The Browns are miracle workers. They found a way to make Baker Mayfield the good guy.

• Haha 1

Hey in my opinion no effin' way, and I would ask for my release. It's a pride thing and that may sound stupid to some but not in his position.

I'm impartial because I'm not a Browns fan or a big Mayfield fan although he was the guy I wanted over Sam Darnold, but what they did to him was wrong. You can't just publicly crap on a guy and expect him to not be insulted, then ask him to cover for the new guy that you want more than him cuz he's going to be suspended for asking 26 chicks to whack him off!!??

No way that's a huge GFY!!!

Unless you're Beavis and Butthead and you don't mind getting fired after working for 3 hours on your first day as the fry guy, most of us put our blood and guts into our work.

I don't think Mayfield is as good as I expected him to be but you can't slap a guy in his face publicly and then expect him to lead the team. That's just BS.

• Sympathy 1