Albert Breer article excerpt on Zach Wilson.

Mogglez

42 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'm honestly curious Max, what is it you find especially encouraging about having to simplify or dumb-down our offensive system?

Maybe I am overlooking something, but having to reduce the full system (which is what simplification is) to suit your QB doesn't strike me as something encouraging.  We'll be running "less of an offense" than we otherwise would have sans simplification.

I suppose the odds the QB will "get" the new simplified system may be higher, but is that not offset by not running the full system, with the full scope of plays/formations/etc.?

I very much hope so.

They looked at how no young QB had run this system that they were asking Zach to run.

The part I am encouraged about doesn't even have to do with Zach. I am excited that the coaching staff stepped back, checked their egos and made changes. We have had too many my way or the highway coaches and they keep failing. Nice to see that such a young coordinator can tweak the message (even the part about too many voices in Zach's ear).

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, jgb said:

What some don’t want to consider is if taken at face value, it means the coaching staff is incompetent for needed a 4-13 season to recognize these simple things.

The QB coach died right before the season.

But hey don't let facts get in the way.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

They looked at how no young QB had run this system that they were asking Zach to run.

The part I am encouraged about doesn't even have to do with Zach. I am excited that the coaching staff stepped back, checked their egos and made changes. We have had too many my way or the highway coaches and they keep failing. Nice to see that such a young coordinator can tweak the message (even the part about too many voices in Zach's ear).

Ok, understood.  Appreciate the clarification.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

The QB coach died right before the season.

But hey don't let facts get in the way.

So Lafleur can’t diagnose a QB’s weakness without an off season of film study. 

What Would You Say You Do Here Office Space GIF

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Ok, understood.  Appreciate the clarification.

I was going to put a joke in there about Gase ruining Darnold by not being flexible and act like I was being serious. But then I realized I will get more posts from that as a new thread so I will save it for next week LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yes but their plan now is the same one I called for when he was coming back from injury. Much like Rudy Guilini’s definition of art (“If I can make it, it ain’t art) — if I know what to do before a professional NFL HC, he is not good at his job.

I don’t even know what you’re complaining about at this point.  Do you? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, JiFapono said:

I bet you rubbed your hands together thinking this post was a real zinger. 

2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

This is a really really really dumb take.  Lol

The more JN hates my takes the more likely they become accepted knowledge at some point. I consider your reaction the only type of upvote that matters. Thanks!

• Sad 1

Give the kid a break. Peyton Manning won 2 games his 1st year and his father being an ex-NFL QB helped his football IQ development.

It takes time for game to slow down.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

The more JN hates my takes the more likely they become accepted knowledge at some point. I consider your reaction the only type of upvote that matters. Thanks!

I’ve accepted and agreed with many of your takes.  It’s just that this particular one is beyond stupid.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

GET OFF MY LAWN lol. I don't need a reason, its my lawn.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, jgb said:

The point remains, this take on the Jets young offensive coordinator is off base.

• Upvote 1

This is probably an honest, albeit positive take on the whole situation.

The tidbit about him being sick for what is seemingly one of his poor OTAs is interesting, too.

Time will tell if it's just a flowery spin zone the coaches are giving to Breer or if there's any merit too it. I'm sure we're all hoping the latter.

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

The point remains, this take on the Jets young offensive coordinator is off base.

Why? Even his biggest fans acknowledge he has room to grow. Is it such a nasty thing to suggest he was slow on the uptake in diagnosing the QB’s issue?

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Im offended that you think that was a zinger, of any sort.  My zingers are fantastic and require no guessing

When I see one I will let you know!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BigB said:

Give the kid a break. Peyton Manning won 2 games his 1st year and his father being an ex-NFL QB helped his football IQ development.

It takes time for game to slow down.

He also set the NFL rookie TD record. What does our QB have to hang his hat on? Other than “his WRs were injured ipso facto he’s gonna be great.”

8 minutes ago, jgb said:

Why? Even his biggest fans acknowledge he has room to grow. Is it such a nasty thing to suggest he was slow on the uptake in diagnosing the QB’s issue?

lmfao this is drastically different than calling the coaching staff "incompetent".

Just now, JiFapono said:

lmfao this is drastically different than calling the coaching staff "incompetent".

So now we are just negotiating price. Excellent. 

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

So now we are just negotiating price. Excellent. 

No not all, you dont read me very well, must have been your hiatus but but since you started walking it back, you might as well just go ahead and apologize.  I clearly have the leverage. 

3 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

No not all, you dont read me very well, must have been your hiatus but but since you started walking it back, you might as well just go ahead and apologize.  I clearly have the leverage. 

You’re an odd little duck aren’t you 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jgb said:

He also set the NFL rookie TD record. What does our QB have to hang his hat on? Other than “his WRs were injured ipso facto he’s gonna be great.”

Is Peyton Manning a 3x Pepsi Zero Sugar rookie of the week winner?

I think not, sir.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Dude comes back and plays the martyr in EVERY thread. 

Can't wait for the updated sig telling everyone how right he is on something no one care about. 

5 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

oh look, JGB is back, with the same thread diarrhea as before he left

When talking about crap, what other words should one use?

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Ignore feature works wonders in such cases.  Might want to try it out.

My all time fave: "Way to go out on a limb, most QBs fail, you're just taking the easy money to be right on a messageboard."

Ok... so then riddle me this... why the visceral, ad hominem, nasty, personal reaction against that which everyone agrees is the most likely outcome?

It's like throwing a drink in someone's face for splitting aces at the blackjack table.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, jgb said:

Well at least he did not break the rookie record for interceptions of 28 that Manning has nor did he have HOF players like Faulk and Harrison.

On 6/21/2022 at 7:41 PM, jgb said:

My all time fave: "Way to go out on a limb, most QBs fail, you're just taking the easy money to be right on a messageboard."

Ok... so then riddle me this... why the visceral, ad hominem, nasty, personal reaction against that which everyone agrees is the most likely outcome?

It's like throwing a drink in someone's face for splitting aces at the blackjack table.

probably because everyone knows your opinion, and its not enough for you to state your opinion, you want to bash everyone over the head repeatedly until they share your opinion on every post. Its annoying AF