Jump to content

Thoughts on recent Jets Draft picks..


Recommended Posts

 

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

 

Even in his best year, 2020, he really didn't demonstrate much upside.  He basically is exactly what he was drafted to be or worse.  Another Leonard Williams...maybe a little better, or maybe a little worse.  Not really anything to get excited about. 

Yet another lame Macc pick that people try to talk themselves into being excited about but the results on the field simply don't demonstrate it, and he doesn't move the needle much.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Thanks! Seriously though, why do you think our QB is "smart?"

Just listening to him speak, watching his film in college.  How he interacts with players, builds a presence with the other NY sports.  His football recall during reported interviews with JD and Saleh.  Being analytical myself, where I might come to a new job and analyze the hell out of things until I completely get it.  Sometimes hurts short term but long term when the light turns on, provides a depth of understanding and ultimately feel that gives you an edge.

But you might be right.  He might just be a very slow processor.  We’ll see soon enough. I appreciate & share your skepticism, and humor ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So only former jocks should bother to evaluate other jocks, and only statisticians should post about stats.

Noted.

Remember, you have to bench 300lbs, have less than 1% body fat and run a 4.1 40 yard dash in order to critique Becton. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So only former jocks should bother to evaluate other jocks, and only statisticians should post about stats.

Noted.

I’m sick of non-pillagers having an opinion of the Mongol Invasion.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Just listening to him speak, watching his film in college.  How he interacts with players, builds a presence with the other NY sports.  His football recall during reported interviews with JD and Saleh.  Being analytical myself, where I might come to a new job and analyze the hell out of things until I completely get it.  Sometimes hurts short term but long term when the light turns on, provides a depth of understanding and ultimately feel that gives you an edge.

But you might be right.  He might just be a very slow processor.  We’ll see soon enough. I appreciate & share your skepticism, and humor ;)

The most difficult thing to evaluate in a QB prospect is football processing speed — and as fate would have it, that’s also the most critical success or failure point for them in the NFL. The Wonderlic is an IQ test. Correlation between its results and performance is specious, at best. You may be able to get a sense whether someone is a dbag from interviews, but it is not really relevant to what type of player they will become on the field.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So only former jocks should bother to evaluate other jocks, and only statisticians should post about stats.

Noted.

Well let me turn that around...

What do you call someone who offers an opinion with no education on the topic or practical experience?

Oh right. WebMD or almost every internet user....

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, PorP said:

Well let me turn that around...

What do you call someone who offers an opinion with no education on the topic or practical experience?

Oh right. WebMD or almost every internet user....


And what do you call someone who compares football to the medical profession?

Logically fallacious.  

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:


And what do you call someone who compares football to the medical profession?

Logically fallacious.  

There was a comparison?

You're letting your education show. 

Small fries with that please. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, PorP said:

Well let me turn that around...

What do you call someone who offers an opinion with no education on the topic or practical experience?

Oh right. WebMD or almost every internet user....

 

 

Please post a screenshot of your sociology degree from an accredited university.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, PorP said:

There was a comparison?

You're letting your education show. 

Small fries with that please. 

And of the little Golden Arches lapel pin you get for completing the 2 week training program at McDonald’s University (yes it’s such a thing).

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, PorP said:

There was a comparison?

You're letting your education show. 

Small fries with that please. 

I mean, you did say “WebMD” in your post, so…

But you go right ahead and continue to be a condescending prick and tell people what they are and aren’t qualified to post about on a football message board if it makes you happy.  

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I mean, you did say “WebMD” in your post, so…

But you go right ahead and continue to be a condescending prick and tell people what they are and aren’t qualified to post about on a football message board if it makes you happy.  

Did I only say  WebMD or did you in typical fashion cherry pick the part you wanted? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Bronx said:

9. Feeling Daddy issues: once Daddy Joe abandon him, he became the NFL's #1 slut.

Screenshot_20220621-171546_Google.thumb.jpg.451ccf5b2aa014faf8d37ae547af3ba1.jpg

 

 

Feeling like you’re 6 years behind the rest of us 😎

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, PorP said:

Well let me turn that around...

What do you call someone who offers an opinion with no education on the topic or practical experience?


Who is PorP Alex?

Alex Trebek Yes GIF by Jeopardy!

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Feeling like you’re 6 years behind the rest of us 😎

Go get laid, you old neutered hag! Also, who are you referencing as "us", you and your circle jerk friends?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I mean, you did say “WebMD” in your post, so…

But you go right ahead and continue to be a condescending prick and tell people what they are and aren’t qualified to post about on a football message board if it makes you happy.  

 

1 hour ago, PorP said:

Did I only say  WebMD or did you in typical fashion cherry pick the part you wanted? 

For him to extrapolate WebMD into meaning the entire medical profession is hyperbole, not cherry picking.

Leave the intellectual superior trolling schtick to the intellectually superior species… the Apes.

King Kong Reaction GIF by Xbox

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well this post aged well.  
 

Therapist:  “How do you feel Otherwisehappyinlife?  Did you put yourself out there like I suggested?  Share your excitement for the upcoming season?  Make new internet friends?”

Otherwisehappyinlife:  “Do you have an opening later today?”

 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

 

For him to extrapolate WebMD into meaning the entire medical profession is hyperbole, not cherry picking.

Leave the intellectual superior trolling schtick to the intellectually superior species… the Apes.

King Kong Reaction GIF by Xbox

Demonstrating irony for the other members is very kind of you. 

Your eloquent use of super big fancy words while simultaneously pretending you're too simple minded to understand "extrapolating" a single word from a much bigger statement to support an opinion or narrative is in fact the definition of cherry picking....

Simply brilliant example!!!!! Kudos man. 

Speaking of trolling...  why are you following me around?  I make a post and there you are and I don't post in every thread.  I've got it narrowed down to your account is either my alter ego Sven or #stalker.... either way,  I'm straight bro,  your efforts are wasted. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So only former jocks should bother to evaluate other jocks, and only statisticians should post about stats.

Noted.

Are you sure you walked away with the right message I was meaning to convey? 

I mean... idk the OP and whether they took a snap or college class.  Yet I clearly demonstrated support for them and thier opinions (which infers I support thier right to an opinion).

Doesn't it seem odd that I would say I like your opinion but #also, you don't have the right to an opinion all in the same post? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Well this post aged well.  
 

Therapist:  “How do you feel Otherwisehappyinlife?  Did you put yourself out there like I suggested?  Share your excitement for the upcoming season?  Make new internet friends?”

Otherwisehappyinlife:  “Do you have an opening later today?”

 


Well at least you’re otherwise happy with your life, right?

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyways....

Quinnen, I'm convinced we've seen what he is; a fair to middling DT capable of solidifying the inside if the talent around him are holding their own. Dont see a huge playmaker and would think twice before giving him his second contract. 

Becton, just don't think he has the mental makeup to be a great player. I won't beleaguer the point. 

Mims, highly doubtful he gets his act together. Would personally be amused if we traded him to Philly. 

Ashtyn Davis, James Morgan et al, seriously hoping this was all too-much-Gase-influence/OJT for JD

Zach, cautiously optimistic. For the first time I can remember this team looks like its actually trying to support a young signalcaller it has drafted. 

AVT, very very happy with this guy. Stepped in and has looked like a pro from his first snap.

Elijah Moore, very excited about this guy's upside. Slow start, but the talent pops off the screen. Going to be very interested to see him paired up with Garrett Wilson. 

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Bronx said:

Go get laid, you old neutered hag! Also, who are you referencing as "us", you and your circle jerk friends?

Getting laid has never been a problem, thanks for the helpful suggestion.  

Us refers to the majority of us who don’t see the relevance or humor in a Hackenberg picture in this thread or any other thread.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, PorP said:

Demonstrating irony for the other members is very kind of you. 

Your eloquent use of super big fancy words while simultaneously pretending you're too simple minded to understand "extrapolating" a single word from a much bigger statement to support an opinion or narrative is in fact the definition of cherry picking....

Simply brilliant example!!!!! Kudos man. 

Speaking of trolling...  why are you following me around?  I make a post and there you are and I don't post in every thread.  I've got it narrowed down to your account is either my alter ego Sven or #stalker.... either way,  I'm straight bro,  your efforts are wasted. 

That’s actually not the definition. 🤣

Despite the fact that I am super, duper Rupaul level gay, I’d guess this is more about the fact I typically reply to stupid comments. Do the math.

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

4. Zach Wilson?  Feeling 'good'.    IMO, the only thing outside of injuries that will prevent him from becoming a top 10 franchise QB.  

Jets fans don't want to talk about Zach Wilson's injuries so we pretend they don't exist

the guy tore both labrum in college and missed a month with a knee last season

it's fair to wonder if ZW will ever make it through a full 17 game season 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

That’s actually not the definition. 🤣

Despite the fact that I am super, duper Rupaul level gay, I’d guess this is more about the fact I typically reply to stupid comments. Do the math.

 

Kind of is the definition..... lol

Got more edumacation for me professor? 

 

"Cherry picking is the act of pointing to individual cases or data that seem to confirm a particular position while ignoring a significant portion of related and similar cases or data"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

That’s actually not the definition. 🤣

Despite the fact that I am super, duper Rupaul level gay, I’d guess this is more about the fact I typically reply to stupid comments. Do the math.

 

That’s your shtick?  To call out stupid comments.  Great contribution to this board.  That’s a pretty immature shtick.  I mean how old are you?

How about sharing thoughts on the Jets or topics people post about?

Thoughts on Wilson?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Getting laid has never been a problem, thanks for the helpful suggestion.  

Us refers to the majority of us who don’t see the relevance or humor in a Hackenberg picture in this thread or any other thread.  

Look, figuratively speaking (physically impossible), get your tiny nut off somewhere else.  

You want to keep jabbing at me 'out of the blue.'  Just visit your local pharmacy and request an urgent refill of Paliperidone, to help your schizophrenic delusions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, freestater said:

Zach, cautiously optimistic. For the first time I can remember this team looks like its actually trying to support a young signalcaller it has drafted. 

AVT, very very happy with this guy. Stepped in and has looked like a pro from his first snap.

Elijah Moore, very excited about this guy's upside. Slow start, but the talent pops off the screen. Going to be very interested to see him paired up with Garrett Wilson. 

So would you say....you support what Joe Douglas has been doing?  😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...