Jump to content

Thoughts on recent Jets Draft picks..


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, PorP said:

Kind of is the definition..... lol

Got more edumacation for me professor? 

 

"Cherry picking is the act of pointing to individual cases or data that seem to confirm a particular position while ignoring a significant portion of related and similar cases or data"

You didn’t present multiple cases or data points for him to point to. Hence there was nothing to cherry pick from. You used one example and he extended  it to mean something you didn’t say.

Go look up the definition of extrapolate and then quietly stand corrected, ding-dong.

 

 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

That’s your shtick?  To call out stupid comments.  Great contribution to this board.  That’s a pretty immature shtick.  I mean how old are you?

How about sharing thoughts on the Jets or topics people post about?

Thoughts on Wilson?

 

Here are my thoughts on the jets or topics people post about: stupid.

 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I had the exact same thought reading this. Posting style is virtually identical.

It’s him, with a dash more toxicity in his replies which I assume he picked up getting brain-raped on Twitter.

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You didn’t present multiple cases or data points for him to point to. Hence there was nothing to cherry pick from. You used one example and he extended  it to mean something you didn’t say.

Go look up the definition of extrapolate and then quietly stand corrected, ding-dong.

 

 

I didn't... I really feel like there was an "or" after Webmd that roughly equated to 5 billion data points. 

I don't personally care if you feel corrected or are silent after you figure it out... you do you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, PorP said:

I didn't... I really feel like there was an "or" after Webmd that roughly equated to 5 billion data points. 

I don't personally care if you feel corrected or are silent after you figure it out... you do you. 

You seem like you don’t care.

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It’s him, with a dash more toxicity in his replies which I assume he picked up getting brain-raped on Twitter.

Lol toxic......

I verbally slap you around a little bit for saying stupid sh1t and that's toxic......

Do yourself a favor and stay in your parents basement. The real world is rough bro. 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

You’re an egotistical putz.  Thanks for showing your true colors and insulting the board. 
 

You should report me to the mods, they love it when you do that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, PorP said:

Lol toxic......

I verbally slap you around a little bit for saying stupid sh1t and that's toxic......

Do yourself a favor and stay in your parents basement. The real world is rough bro. 

 

 

 

That wasn’t about you. LOL

You keep showing me what’s up though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:


And what do you call someone who compares football to the medical profession?

Logically fallacious.  

Just now noticing your new avatar.. ...

Not that you need it but I approve.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

That wasn’t about you. LOL

You keep showing me what’s up though. 

Thank goodness cause I'm over here thinking I'm talking to you nicer than every one of my friends. Even the last statement.... lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bronx said:

Look, figuratively speaking (physically impossible), get your tiny nut off somewhere else.  

You want to keep jabbing at me 'out of the blue.'  Just visit your local pharmacy and request an urgent refill of Paliperidone, to help your schizophrenic delusions

Aren’t we the sensitive, thin skinned one here.

Especially after calling me a neutered hag.  Telling me I need to get laid and now think I need to get to a pharmacy to get an urgent refil of anti psychotic meds that you obviously know all about.  All for making a joke about Hackenberg.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Therapist:  "Don't tell me you went back to the Jetnation message board."

OtherwiseHappyinLife:  "I did."

Therapist:  "Why?"

OtherwiseHappyinLife:  "You told me to get a hobby"

 

The Jets seem like the biggest problem in your life, so you may want to consider a break from JN rather than spending MORE time here, lol.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Jet Nut

I have previously asked for peace between us and you have arbitrarily attacked me regardless of my good intentions.

Do you expect a love poem from me after being personally attacked with your innuendo?

I am not chasing your posts or have any interest to read them (unless directed against my persona)...you should follow suit and be peaceful. 

We love the Jets, so it would be a total lie if we deny our compatibility as a fan. 

Can you live with it or do you want to continue the nonsense?

 

 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

I'd love to see what you look like in person.  Some miserable dorky loner type.  I beg you to show up to the fan tailgate just so I can laugh.

 

You spelled buttplay wrong..

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bronx said:

I have previously asked for peace between us and you have arbitrarily attacked me regardless of my good intentions.

Do you expect a love poem from me after being personally attacked with your innuendo?

I am not chasing your posts or have any interest to read them (unless directed against my persona)...you should follow suit and be peaceful. 

We love the Jets, so it would be a total lie if we deny our compatibility as a fan. 

Can you live with it or do you want to continue the nonsense?

 

 

I know you weren't talking to me but I'll jets chant with you any day. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Bronx said:

@Jet Nut

I have previously asked for peace between us and you have arbitrarily attacked me regardless of my good intentions.

Do you expect a love poem from me after being personally attacked with your innuendo?

I am not chasing your posts or have any interest to read them (unless directed against my persona)...you should follow suit and be peaceful. 

We love the Jets, so it would be a total lie if we deny our compatibility as a fan. 

Can you live with it or do you want to continue the nonsense?

 

 

I have no clue what you’re talking about.  I’ve never had words with you, never have attacked you.  This is another post because you didn’t like me saying the Hackenberg pic was 6 years old now.  Twice in this post you accuse me of attacking you.  Where?  How?  Copy and paste it here.  Only attacking was done by you when you replied to my post by calling me a neutered, dried up hag who needs to get laid.  I made the Hack comment, put a cool emoji next to it and you’ve been crying since and the one doing all the attacking.  I thought it was done and now another post a day later crying about attacks.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I have no clue what you’re talking about.  I’ve never had words with you, never have attacked you.  This is another post because you didn’t like me saying the Hackenberg pic was 6 years old now.  Twice in this post you accuse me of attacking you.  Where?  How?  Copy and paste it here.  Only attacking was done by you when you replied to my post by calling me a neutered, dried up hag who needs to get laid.  I made the Hack comment, put a cool emoji next to it and you’ve been crying since and the one doing all the attacking.  I thought it was done and now another post a day later crying about attacks.  


lmao.  Bronx has been fighting with so many people lately he can’t keep track of just WHOM he’s been fighting with.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:


lmao.  Bronx has been fighting with so many people lately he can’t keep track of just WHOM he’s been fighting with.  

You are the exception.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

This is another post because you didn’t like me saying the Hackenberg pic was 6 years old now.  

That was my oversight...anger does blind your judgment at times. Thanks for clarifying.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/21/2022 at 10:07 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

You shouldn't have led with Quinnen, because you lost me right here.

There's absolutely nothing to like about a # 3 overall pick who ended up primarily being a run-stuffer.  3 years in and he's a complete disappointment.  Yet another high Macc pick at a safe position that didn't end up a "bust" but still ended up being a lousy pick.

And yeah, I get that there are people expecting him to "break out" now that he's surrounded by other pass rushers.  But that isn't what he was supposed to be.  He was supposed to be a pass-rushing wrecking ball (with butcher's knives) who could create a pass rush largely on his own.  He doesn't do that and likely never will.  

He's anything but a run stuffer. He was abysmal against the run last year. Bottom 20% among NFL starters. Leo was comfortably better at the same stage - I can't see him getting a second contract without significant improvement. 

He's been a poor pick but the draft fell horribly as it generally does for the Jets. It's not like there was an obvious stud that we passed on like we did for Becton.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

 

The Jets seem like the biggest problem in your life, so you may want to consider a break from JN rather than spending MORE time here, lol.

I think you might be right ;).  Lol.

In all honesty, it’s a pretty fun board and I mostly get some weird level of enjoyment.

So back to your thoughts on Q ;)
 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

He's anything but a run stuffer. He was abysmal against the run last year. Bottom 20% among NFL starters. Leo was comfortably better at the same stage - I can't see him getting a second contract without significant improvement. 

He's been a poor pick but the draft fell horribly as it generally does for the Jets. It's not like there was an obvious stud that we passed on like we did for Becton.

Great post, this draft actually fell nicely for us and I was as surprised as anyone. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...