Jaylon Ferguson (BAL) Dead At 26

KRL

I’m seeing several on Twitter claiming it was due being vaxxed.  One saying..”everyone I know who got vaccinated is dead’’

it’s amazing how people who adopt crazy conspiracy theories…go to such lengths ..to convince themselves they are right.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2022 at 5:53 PM, Greg555 said:

I’m seeing several on Twitter claiming it was due being vaxxed.  One saying..”everyone I know who got vaccinated is dead’’

it’s amazing how people who adopt crazy conspiracy theories…go to such lengths ..to convince themselves they are right.

I always like posts like this, so the conspiracy theory believers can self-identify for us.

Always good to know where folks stand.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

American epidemic.  Comes from China via Mexico.  And nobody talks about it.  A shame.  Rest In Peace 

I don’t talk about it, but only because I like to bring it across in my luggage. I thought a lot of other people were talking about it, though. 

• Haha 2

On 7/1/2022 at 9:14 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

When I started as a Paramedic, the starting dose for Narcan was 0.02mg, up to a max of 2mg. Anything more than that, and you had a vomiting, angry heroin/oxy/perc user screaming at you for crashing their buzz.

We now start at 1mg, and I have seen Fentanyl ODs that have no reaction to over 8mg of Narcan. That is a MASSIVE dose of Naloxone. 

Street Fentanyl is a straight up killer, and is DESIGNED to be imo. 

But wtf do I know....

What do you mean DESIGNED to be a killer? 

39 minutes ago, jgb said:

Don’t understand the “designed” part though.

Well Johnny, certainly not my POV but there is that "segment" of society that believes a virus was sent from China by design and that the Chinese fentanyl is designed in kind and being sent with the same purpose. 

Just now, slats said:

Don’t know if fentanyl is designed to kill, but it’s certainly designed to be insanely addictive. 

Perhaps…. but either way destroys lives, families and communities. One is instant, the other is a slow death. Take it from someone who barely survived the 80’s & 90’s. Crack cocaine was child’s play compared to what’s out there today. Our youth are under attack. Plain & simple

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I believe the OP was alluding to the fact that the fentanyl that has hit the streets in the last few years is far more lethal than when it originally rose to a national pandemic. Being a synthetic drug, the Chinese manufacturers have increased (by design) the strength of the chemical, thereby the lethality which destroys the lives of countless families. 

Where is our government? This is not rocket science…. Secure our borders and bring the hand of judgement on these cartels and manufacturers. 

Having to have “The Talk” to my three college attending son’s, is not only regarding sexual restraint / wisdom, but also about never leaving your drink at a party unattended, never taking a drink from anyone except a bartender or by pouring it yourself and NEVER smoking, injecting or snorting a drug. 
I have put the fear of Almighty God into them regarding this issue. It’s a battle for the lives of our children, nation and future!

Yeah. It’s a true threat and a danger. Very close friend of mine loss his 22 year old niece to it when she went with friends to NC after graduation. It’s honestly terrifying. 

1 minute ago, slats said:

Don’t know if fentanyl is designed to kill, but it’s certainly designed to be insanely addictive. 

Yeah, the fact it’s so addictive and deadly in such small  doses really makes it a very real issue. From  what I’ve heard the difference in doses between being high and dead are not very much at all. 

33 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I believe the OP was alluding to the fact that the fentanyl that has hit the streets in the last few years is far more lethal than when it originally rose to a national pandemic. Being a synthetic drug, the Chinese manufacturers have increased (by design) the strength of the chemical, thereby the lethality which destroys the lives of countless families. 

Where is our government? This is not rocket science…. Secure our borders and bring the hand of judgement on these cartels and manufacturers. 

Having to have “The Talk” to my three college attending son’s, is not only regarding sexual restraint / wisdom, but also about never leaving your drink at a party unattended, never taking a drink from anyone except a bartender or by pouring it yourself and NEVER smoking, injecting or snorting a drug. 
I have put the fear of Almighty God into them regarding this issue. It’s a battle for the lives of our children, nation and future!

Gotcha — it is a horrendous scourge upon society. I can’t get into specifics due to confidentiality but I have seen the U.S. government get a lot more active in slowing down the illegitimate import of these drugs. Is it enough? Until we have zero coming in illegally, probably not.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

36 minutes ago, slats said:

It’s designed to be an incredibly powerful painkiller. Like for end-of-life cancer patients or major surgery aftercare. Insane addictiveness is an unfortunate side effect of its effectiveness.

These are niche products. We need to hold manufacturers accountable when sales of these products to a certain area exceeds legitimate need. The government did this with Purdue when they were selling tens of thousands of OxyContin pills to pharmacies in towns with like 500 people. The issue is — as stated above, some companies from some countries really don’t give a twit and it seems their governments don’t really care either if people on the other side of the world are killing themselves.

Where there is a profit motive, sadly it will likely be impossible to curb illicit imports entirely (like with the illegal drug trade). But we must do more.

35 minutes ago, jgb said:

It’s designed to be an incredibly powerful painkiller. Like for end-of-life cancer patients or major surgery aftercare. Insane addictiveness is an unfortunate side effect of its effectiveness.

These are niche products. We need to hold manufacturers accountable when sales of these products to a certain area exceeds legitimate need. The government did this with Purdue when they were selling tens of thousands of OxyContin pills to pharmacies in towns with like 500 people. The issue is — as stated above, some companies from some countries really don’t give a twit and it seems their governments don’t really care either if people on the other side of the world are killing themselves.

Where there is a profit motive, sadly it will likely be impossible to curb illicit imports entirely (like with the illegal drug trade). But we must do more.

If anything, the Purdue case demonstrated that addiction is a desired outcome for drug manufacturers more than it is an unfortunate side effect. No different than the tobacco companies. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Is this a “thing” or a poke at the C-19 hysteria?

It is absolutely a thing and it saves lives- With a test strip, a drug user can find out in seconds if what they bought has fentanyl in it. 

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I think he was starting  that it should be a thing. 

They exist, but they are not commonly available. I live in Australia and the situation is pretty similar - illicit drugs being cut with fentanyl. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, slats said:

If anything, the Purdue case demonstrated that addiction is a desired outcome for drug manufacturers more than it is an unfortunate side effect. No different than the tobacco companies. 

Very true in the case of Purdue. I think it’s more accurate to say however that their business model was designed to unethically profit from said addictiveness, not that the product itself was designed to kill or be addictive.

• Upvote 1