Arch Manning

1 hour ago, ZachEY said:

Again, casual fan, but it's amazing that the strategy seems to be, don't draft anyone, and overpay someone you'll be looking to unload for picks in 2 years.

You're being generous calling what the Knicks do, a "strategy".  But hey, through $20+ mil at Jalen Brunson or go after Kyrie... ugh ?

Back to Arch Manning, watch him set records for NIL money, its going to be nuts.  UT fans are pretty happy for the first time in a while.

15 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Large Arch sent me

During lockdowns I tried watching the first one with my kid & I was quickly given a cold stare, followed by 4 requests over a 10 min span if we can watch something else instead. Pee Wee's bike had just been stolen, so we were barely into it. Youth is wasted on the young, or something.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

During lockdowns I tried watching the first one with my kid & I was quickly given a cold stare, followed by 4 requests over a 10 min span if we can watch something else instead. Pee Wee's bike had just been stolen, so we were barely into it. Youth is wasted on the young, or something.

We moved like 20 minutes from the Alamo and I tried to get my kids to watch it so I could make a killer reference to the Alamo basement now and again.

Couldn’t get any farther in the movie than you did.   They did let me show them large Marge and they also enjoyed pausing the “and it looked like this” scene a million times like the old days.   So i had two magical minutes at least.  Like the night they were made.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/24/2022 at 6:11 PM, Asymmetrical said:

I came here to NOT think about the knicks throwing a bag at Jalen f'ing Brunson and this is what I get. 

Wow you come to a Jets board to give yourself a break from thinking about the Knicks.

I also put needles through my scrotum to not think about a red hot poker in the arse.

• Haha 2

On 6/23/2022 at 11:05 PM, Dwight Englewood said:

Except that the Knicks made the playoffs year before last and were at least competitive last season 

Everyone makes the playoffs in the NBA and they weren’t really competitive last season.  They’re not a young and up and coming team.  

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Everyone makes the playoffs in the NBA and they weren’t really competitive last season.  They’re not a young and up and coming team.  

14/32 NFL teams make the playoffs -- 44%

16/30 NBA teams make the playoffs -- 53%

Jets would've made the playoffs at most once in the last 11 years (instead of zero) if the NFL also let in 53%.

Put another way, if it was completely random, the odds of not making the playoffs 11 years in a row would be:

0.2 % in the NFL (1 in 500)

0.02% in the NBA (1 in 5000)

Conclusion: both teams suck.

• Upvote 2

On 6/28/2022 at 10:40 AM, jgb said:

14/32 NFL teams make the playoffs -- 44%

16/30 NBA teams make the playoffs -- 53%

Jets would've made the playoffs at most once in the last 11 years (instead of zero) if the NFL also let in 53%.

Put another way, if it was completely random, the odds of not making the playoffs 11 years in a row would be:

0.2 % in the NFL (1 in 500)

0.02% in the NBA (1 in 5000)

Conclusion: both teams suck.

I know you enjoy telling everyone how we suck but 14 playoff teams in the NFL is brand new, hasn’t been the case the last 22 years.  12 playoff teams is 37% which isn’t quite 44%
22 seasons without a playoff series win and you suck epically, much worse than the Jets over the last 22 

Neither team has much to celebrate though

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I know you enjoy telling everyone how we suck but 14 playoff teams in the NFL is brand new, hasn’t been the case the last 22 years.  37% isn’t quite 44%
22 seasons without a playoff series win and you suck epically, much worse than the Jets over the last 22 

Neither team has much to celebrate though

We both agree she’s ugly we’re just debating whether she’s a 0 or a 1 out of ten. Don’t see a need for the personal swipe but I’m used to it.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

We both agree she’s ugly we’re just debating whether she’s a 0 or a 1 out of ten. Don’t see a need for the personal swipe but I’m used to it.

A little thin skinned, there was no swipe.  

13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

A little thin skinned, there was no swipe.  

Ok then, my mistake. Kindly do refrain from telling me what I "enjoy" doing. If you want to know my motivation for posting something, ask.

51 minutes ago, jgb said:

Ok then, my mistake. Kindly do refrain from telling me what I "enjoy" doing. If you want to know my motivation for posting something, ask.

Right after you stop posting “what all jets fans do or say’?  Kinda works both ways, lighten up 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Right after you stop posting “what all jets fans do or say’?  Kinda works both ways, lighten up 

Don't remember saying "all Jets fans" ever. But strawman away. Regardless, there's a big difference between making generalizations and stalking someone on the board accusing them of bad faith every chance you get.

And me lighten up? You've been chasing me around with downvotes for a year because the truth pains your sensitive ears. Take your own advice. The Jets do empirically suck. Big bad jgb saying it didn't make it so. Direct your frustration on those that did and not other posters.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Don't remember saying "all Jets fans" ever. But strawman away. Regardless, there's a big difference between making generalizations and stalking someone on the board accusing them of bad faith every chance you get.

And me lighten up? You've been chasing me around with downvotes for a year because the truth pains your sensitive ears. Take your own advice. The Jets do empirically suck. Big bad jgb saying it didn't make it so. Direct your frustration on those that did and not other posters.

Jeez, you say it all the time.  You know like when you said all Jets fans talk whatever shlt you accused “them” after drafts. 

Chasing you around with downvotes this past year?  LOL you’re kidding or highly confused.  I’m the Strawman?  Get over yourself

In the mood to tell people what to do and then argue?  Try someone else.  As I said thick skinned.  

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Jeez, you say it all the time.  You know like when you said all Jets fans talk whatever shlt you accused “them” after drafts. 

Chasing you around with downvotes this past year?  LOL you’re kidding or highly confused.  I’m the Strawman?  Get over yourself

In the mood to tell people what to do and then argue?  Try someone else.  As I said thick skinned.  

Again look who is chasing and projecting. I'll give you the last word, since I know you can't resist (i.e. thin-skinned). Good night. Hope tomorrow is better for ya and you don't really take a messageboard as seriously as you let on.

3 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

i hate sling blades whole family from that doof who play for the other NY team to his father and any other siblings. I will never forgive him for Adam Gase. I NEVER will forgive him. Mannings are all trash. 

Back to an adult conversation. I wouldn't draft Arch under any circumstances. The Mannings have already screwed us 3 times. It's our fault if we let them do it again.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, jgb said:

Again look who is chasing and projecting. I'll give you the last word, since I know you can't resist (i.e. thin-skinned). Good night. Hope tomorrow is better for ya and you don't really take a messageboard as seriously as you let on.

Lol, you are the biggest crybaby victim on this board, and it’s not even close. Dishing it out freely, but unable to take it without a big, “waaah!” 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

Lol, you are the biggest crybaby victim on this board, and it’s not even close. Dishing it out freely, but unable to take it without a big, “waaah!” 

Is whining about whining whining? If so, don’t worry your crown is safe.

3 hours ago, roscoeword said:

How is it such a lock that he'll be any good? Didnt know football skill is passed down through heredity.

If there are any bad Manning QBs you can be certainly we'll get the lemon.

But I'd still take my chances!