Uni Watch

16 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

You just know Woody is going to F this up and give us the 93 Jets throwback even though it looks just like what we have (if you squint.)

White helmet.  Even the Pats look good with it.

Seems to be trending that way, unfortunately. I’d like to see some diversity in the unis. Mix it up. 

Those Falcons throwbacks are beautiful. They should ditch their current arena league threads and go back to the 80s ones full-time. Most uniforms from the 80s and 90s are significantly better than what we’ve seen teams introduce over the past decade. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, PS17 said:

Those Falcons throwbacks are beautiful

Agreed.  The red helmet was terrific.  Wish they'd go with the white uni's in addition to the red helmet.  Though the red helmet and black uni still looks good too (and is a major improvement over what they currently have).

• Upvote 1

More uniform bullsh*t. The NFL should just play greys vs dark greys. Home team gets to pick which they are that game for the excitement.

And what's this sh*t about team NAMES cmon bro you're not REALLY a dolphin we know that. Rawwrrr I'm a lion!! Yeah ok, dude.

Browns you can stay the way you are but it's gonna sound weird with your Grey uniform but you do you. 

And aren't we all Americans why are we identifying cities with guys not from that city playing football? Just assign them all letters. 

In a perfect world you could have:

C (home dark greys) vs Q (away light greys) 

Its the game that matters, brah. All this uniform talk is for well you know the type.

Can't add to this post atm, have to go cut my hair with a flowbee and go to Kmart for some new threads. BIG date tonight. Olive Garden. I love Italian food. Almost went to Italy once. Went to Staten Island instead. Same thing, man.

• Thumb Down 1

On 6/23/2022 at 4:23 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

I love the Falcons' red helmets.  The Pats are also bringing back their "Pat Patriot" throwbacks.  Have to admit I like those too.

https://uni-watch.com/2022/06/23/patriots-announce-return-of-pat-patriot-throwback-uni/

image.thumb.png.9f3d70549686830440a8e5428476545e.png

These are great unis the only problem is for most of the time they were in use the team was a loser. They only really started winning after they adopted their current main uni the ones with Brady etc. I always thought NEP was aware of this and the only reason they kept a mediocre uni vs the Pat Patriot great uni. Maybe this is a harbinger for the future. 

14 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

More uniform bullsh*t. The NFL should just play greys vs dark greys. Home team gets to pick which they are that game for the excitement.

And what's this sh*t about team NAMES cmon bro you're not REALLY a dolphin we know that. Rawwrrr I'm a lion!! Yeah ok, dude.

Browns you can stay the way you are but it's gonna sound weird with your Grey uniform but you do you. 

And aren't we all Americans why are we identifying cities with guys not from that city playing football? Just assign them all letters. 

In a perfect world you could have:

C (home dark greys) vs Q (away light greys) 

Its the game that matters, brah. All this uniform talk is for well you know the type.

Can't add to this post atm, have to go cut my hair with a flowbee and go to Kmart for some new threads. BIG date tonight. Olive Garden. I love Italian food. Almost went to Italy once. Went to Staten Island instead. Same thing, man.

Someone cares an awful lot about fashion.

Fashion Surprise GIF by ANTIQUES ROADSHOW | PBS

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Barton said:

I still cant help but laugh at the Jets and Nike building up the new uni's for months on end and then unveiling the lamest and ugliest uni's in team history.

It was pretty bad.  

Unfortunately they gave what the majority wanted.  Seems like 90% of the fan base was nostalgic for the late 80's-early 90's uniform.  When I watch the games it looks like the 88-97 Jets uniform on tv. 

Face it, if they just put a plane on the helmet these would probably be praised by the masses. 

The worst part is the same people who already got what they wanted are now asking for our alternates to simply be a logo change instead of our classic white helmet.  These might not be going anywhere for awhile. 

If they just gave them the helmet in my avatar I would be fine with the modern look, but I long for the three stripe helmet and shoulders.  It looked so good to me. 

9 hours ago, Barton said:

I still cant help but laugh at the Jets and Nike building up the new uni's for months on end and then unveiling the lamest and ugliest uni's in team history.

And then all of the players who modeled the uniforms were off the team within 2 years.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And then all of the players who modeled the uniforms were off the team within 2 years.

And Neil Glatt was canned. Although unclear if that was due to the uniforms themselves or the atrocious launch event.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Barton said:

Jets wore this helmet for 1 year, in 1963. Their first season as the Jets. Yea the plane is kinda cheesy looking. But thats what makes it beautiful.

I'd go back to this one, IMO. 

image.thumb.png.5f21fe23c2cdebea2b58afe2c3b042e4.png

I could get behind a version of this helmet.

Just make it white.  

Bills 

Colts 

Chargers 

Pats throw back 

it’s not secret why these all look the cleanest.

13 hours ago, Barton said:

Jets wore this helmet for 1 year, in 1963. Their first season as the Jets. Yea the plane is kinda cheesy looking. But thats what makes it beautiful.

An updated version of this would be good.

or a simple my with some new version of the Jet stream logo that was attached to JETS in the 80s/90s helmet.

Uniforms of old with current green coloring.

This doesn't need to be overly complicated.

On 6/26/2022 at 7:45 AM, Barton said:

If they win a Super Bowl in them they will be iconic… if they suck they will be duds like the 80s/90s uniforms

20 hours ago, Barton said:

7 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I could get behind a version of this helmet.

Just make it white.  

Bills 

Colts 

Chargers 

Pats throw back 

it’s not secret why these all look the cleanest.

7 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

An updated version of this would be good.

or a simple my with some new version of the Jet stream logo that was attached to JETS in the 80s/90s helmet.

Uniforms of old with current green coloring.

This doesn't need to be overly complicated.

For those of you interested in a version of this uniform, found this mock-up…not bad if I must say so.

4E1A8EEC-4896-464D-9183-BEEF0FB75338.jpeg

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

For those of you interested in a version of this uniform, found this mock-up…not bad if I must say so.

4E1A8EEC-4896-464D-9183-BEEF0FB75338.jpeg

This or something close to this is all that was ever needed.

Few tweaks:

I'd make the jersey stripes over the shoulders like our previous uniforms.

I'd make the Jet on the helmet more pointed/jagged instead of rounded and instead of JETS written within the Jet itself I'd have NY.

2 hours ago, ECURB said:

If they win a Super Bowl in them they will be iconic… if they suck they will be duds like the 80s/90s uniforms

Yet, people are still nostalgic for those failiforms. It would be like Protestants being nostalgic for the Spanish Inquisition.