Divorce is horrible

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Holidays suck and hurt alone missing my family bad today....

Sorry bud.  Worst time of year when you're going through stuff like this.  Hopefully getting to a doc does you some good.

• Upvote 1

On 11/28/2022 at 12:32 AM, joewilly12 said:

Team finally winning my entire NY Jets man cave is torn down packed in boxes home is sold.... years of building I couldn’t even enjoy it....... divorce sucks ?...I married the wrong woman.....

Can you post the auction? I am always looking for good Jets purchases, pennies on the dollar.  :)

Sorry, too soon?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Can you post the auction? I am always looking for good Jets purchases, pennies on the dollar.  :)

Sorry, too soon?

Max if I don’t rebound and find another place to live display everything you can have it all for free.... always thought my son would inherit everything but not the way he treats me .... I will keep you posted. 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Max if I don’t rebound and find another place to live display everything you can have it all for free.... always thought my son would inherit everything but not the way he treats me .... I will keep you posted. 

That sucks, hang in there your son will want all the stuff! Jets blood runs deep.

• Upvote 1

On 11/28/2022 at 12:32 AM, joewilly12 said:

Team finally winning my entire NY Jets man cave is torn down packed in boxes home is sold.... years of building I couldn’t even enjoy it....... divorce sucks ?...I married the wrong woman.....

House sold? Thats great news. Seems like just a few months ago u were saying that she planned on living there forever.

your half is coming move down south and be fresh in the better weather

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, HighPitch said:

House sold? Thats great news. Seems like just a few months ago u were saying that she planned on living there forever.

your half is coming move down south and be fresh in the better weather

This is the best advice...buy a cheap property in Florida or the Carolinas and get as far away from the situation as possible now...move near some reitrees and join some clubs.  It's a lot easier to meet people down South if you are over 40 than it is in NY.

• Upvote 1

On 11/29/2022 at 11:54 PM, joewilly12 said:

A Jets man cave and new life can be rebuilt. Purchase a new place rebuild the man cave as that will take your mind off of all the problems you’ve been dealing with then go out and meet like minded people who are Jets fans invite them over to see the memorabilia you have amassed over the years and gradually things will get better 

• Upvote 1

On 11/30/2022 at 11:05 AM, undertow said:

This is the best advice...buy a cheap property in Florida or the Carolinas and get as far away from the situation as possible now...move near some reitrees and join some clubs.  It's a lot easier to meet people down South if you are over 40 than it is in NY.

I live in Charlotte and have a small place in Carolina Beach and in bars, especially on the coast at my beach place, they are full of transplants.  I agree.  I believe I could get laid fairly quickly (and I am Joewilly's age) at CB if I were single.   Great social scene, 10 miles south of Wilmington.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I live in Charlotte and have a small place in Carolina Beach and in bars, especially on the coast at my beach place, they are full of transplants.  I agree.  I believe I could get laid fairly quickly (and I am Joewilly's age) at CB if I were single.   Great social scene, 10 miles south of Wilmington.

The bars are filled with a different type of people in places like the Carolinas, Arizona, or beach towns in Florida.....in NY it's mostly miserable divorces who hate life in those other places it seems like people just looking to enjoy life and have a good time....they also love NY accents you are basically a celebrity. lol

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/3/2022 at 8:28 AM, CSNY said:

A Jets man cave and new life can be rebuilt. Purchase a new place rebuild the man cave as that will take your mind off of all the problems you’ve been dealing with then go out and meet like minded people who are Jets fans invite them over to see the memorabilia you have amassed over the years and gradually things will get better 

My plans were to possibly do that right now I can’t afford much of anything especially after the day she left she took  $96k out of joint bank accounts.... 

I just came back from florida (a friend of mine recently retired and moved to Venice) dude! They have pork roll and scrapple on menus! Everybody is from the tri state area and so nice! There’s a trailer park community called Venice isle off of 41. Prices were from $135,000 and up. $150.00 a month association fee which includes gym and pools. 

https://wp.veniceisle.com

you need to move away from the situation and start over

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, BP said:

I just came back from florida (a friend of mine recently retired and moved to Venice) dude! They have pork roll and scrapple on menus! Everybody is from the tri state area and so nice! There’s a trailer park community called Venice isle off of 41. Prices were from $135,000 and up. $150.00 a month association fee which includes gym and pools. 

Delicious. 

On 12/15/2022 at 4:27 AM, BP said:

Not so sure about living in a trailer... no thanks on the scrapple ?will check it out though.... been living here same town all my life 59 years ... hard to roll alone when you were married and with someone 42 years .... I am talking to a woman who is 57 divorced Jets fan attractive heart of gold.... 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Not so sure about living in a trailer... no thanks on the scrapple ?will check it out though.... been living here same town all my life 59 years ... hard to roll alone when you were married and with someone 42 years .... I am talking to a woman who is 57 divorced Jets fan attractive heart of gold.... 

some of those trailers are really nice! I rode a bike from there over to Venice island and bar hopped the entire way. 

good luck with the new girl kid! 

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, HighPitch said:

joewilly.....report for a finger inspection buddy. First, i will smell your fingers very closely. second, I will suckle them gently. Finally I will give you advice on your new gf and I can tell by taste and smell what kind of shennanigans you two lovebirds are up to. NICE JOB

Nothing is that serious between us both been hurt bad .... a lot involved between us baggage ... best thing is we understand each other .... my x seemed to hate me everything I ever said did I never knew someone could be so damn cruel vindictive ... her manipulating my adult children against me is the worst feeling in the world ... she doesn’t care enjoys the fact it’s happening.... the more I hurt suffer the more she enjoys life... 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Having trouble sleeping any suggestions..... no sleeping pills thanks 

There's sleep hygiene stuff - no screens before bed, make sure you're exercising but not late, avoid late alcohol/caffeine/food, try not to spend your day where you sleep, cooler temperatures are better, have a good routine.

All that said, talk to a physician. Sleep issues can be related to depression. I don't know if you've directly stated you're depressed, but you've certainly said you're hurting and in a bad place. It doesn't sound like you're in a better place yet.

Worst case you get moving on your mental health and they have to figure out something else to help you sleep, but if a provider is being thoughtful about your sleep issues they'll consider your mental health before they toss you a pill to help you sleep.

And it's important to know that seeking help is a sign of strength, not weakness.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, derp said:

There's sleep hygiene stuff - no screens before bed, make sure you're exercising but not late, avoid late alcohol/caffeine/food, try not to spend your day where you sleep, cooler temperatures are better, have a good routine.

All that said, talk to a physician. Sleep issues can be related to depression. I don't know if you've directly stated you're depressed, but you've certainly said you're hurting and in a bad place. It doesn't sound like you're in a better place yet.

Worst case you get moving on your mental health and they have to figure out something else to help you sleep, but if a provider is being thoughtful about your sleep issues they'll consider your mental health before they toss you a pill to help you sleep.

And it's important to know that seeking help is a sign of strength, not weakness.

Depression is a factor. Thank you 

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Depression is a factor. Thank you 

All the best. Depression sucks. If the first person you find doesn't listen to you enough to work on it with you, try someone else until you find someone who can.

Again, seeking help is a sign of strength, and I think during depression we need the help of others to pull ourselves out of it a bit and get some positive momentum going. Hope you find someone you like and trust and they can give you a nudge in the right direction.

• Upvote 1

On 12/14/2022 at 3:01 AM, joewilly12 said:

Holidays hurting bad ? keep the faith in me brothers .... need prayers .... guys that have been divorced how long does it hurt .... my kids hurt the most .... house .... friends all gone.... 

Seek nature, good nutrition, a fitness plan and meditation.