CJ Mosely: “I’m really expecting playoffs or bust,”.

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Talk is cheap.  And talk is what we specialize in!

I dont remember a leader like CJ Mosely saying this in his Jets career.  Coming from him, this is not just talk.  He is laying the expectation down and it is great for all the young players to hear this and know what the expectation is.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2

43 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I dont remember a leader like CJ Mosely saying this in his Jets career.  Coming from him, this is not just talk.  He is laying the expectation down and it is great for all the young players to hear this and know what the expectation is.

F1CL.gif.f4e63ecda31a5230a44d4eb7c2f4b02c.gif

• Haha 1

I and Quite a few of us share his optimism and it’s Nice to hear this from a seasoned vet and leader of the defense Really like the confidence he has in the team which has been assembled. NOW SHOW US

DO IT ON THE FIELD DAMMIT!!!!!

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Bronx said:

F1CL.gif.f4e63ecda31a5230a44d4eb7c2f4b02c.gif

I know this gif is to mock this guy and positive fans…

but what a legend.   Look at all the pissed and annoyed Fins fans behind him lol.   Common Jets, that guy doesn’t need much to annoy the Fins fans.  Just give him a little fuel this year lol.   

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, LionelRichie said:

I’m pushing 50 and in my lifetime the jets are good as underdogs but always seem to get in trouble when they talk.  

Ya same age range here..

All true except for the first 2 Rex years. 

It's different to me though coming from CJ. Gives me a little hope but as optimistic as I am,  not sure we're ready to win that much yet. 

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/08/jamal-adams-shock-jets-dont-make-playoffs-2018/

CJ got his money and basically did not provide full value to the team due to a variety of factors.  He needs to be quiet now and just check his bank balance.

The team will be better this year.  I expect him to play well in a contract year but I do not think anyone here feels he will be part of the NY Jets renaissance that is coming in future years.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

The three intangibles that will either make or break the Jets 2022 season

1-Injuries-during the last good run there were weeks when the only player hurt in that week was Jim Leonard, last years was ridiculous, because of the decimation at the receiving corps they were forced to play players who had never suited up in a game before

2-Luck-I went back and watched the Bengals game and Mike White's 2 INTs were balls that one went off the hand of the WR and the other bounced off the helmet of another-both went into the arms of defenders. We saw a corps of "pass catchers" who couldn't catch a pass. (With the exception of Berrios)

3-The NFL finally recognizing that the Jets are worthy of getting those borderline calls and for the flags to be picked up once in a while

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, EM31 said:

CJ got his money and basically did not provide full value to the team due to a variety of factors.  He needs to be quiet now and just check his bank balance.

The team will be better this year.  I expect him to play well in a contract year but I do not think anyone here feels he will be part of the NY Jets renaissance that is coming in future years.

I think it's possible. Much like the role Ray Lewis played on the Ravens. JD is very aware of the impact a respected veteran can have in the locker room. There's a deal to be made if circumstances warrant.

5 hours ago, PorP said:

Fair that you pointed out another player did it but....

Jamal was not a 'leader like CJ"

Comparing Jamal's words to CJ's is like comparing crap to creme de la cocoa. 

Jets with Jamal Adams

16 wins, 32 losses - That's a .33% win rate

Jets with CJ Mosley

11 wins, 21 losses - That's a 34% win rate. 

You're right, The Mosley Era Jets are SMOKING the Jamal Jets.

Also.. you may want to calm down, lighten up and you'll realize that every post made is not necessarily serious and that posters have histories like good ole @Joe W. Namath and people might do stuff to have some fun with them.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Jets with Jamal Adams

16 wins, 32 losses - That's a .33% win rate

Jets with CJ Mosley

11 wins, 21 losses - That's a 34% win rate. 

You're right, The Mosley Era Jets are SMOKING the Jamal Jets.

Also.. you may want to calm down, lighten up and you'll realize that every post made is not necessarily serious and that posters have histories like good ole @Joe W. Namath and people might do stuff to have some fun with them.

What does this have to do with anything?  What’s the point?  The team has sucked so you can’t be optimistic after this offseason.

Falling over your own feet to put down optimism by players, media whoever is a full time job for the usual suspects.  

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, PorP said:

Ya same age range here..

All true except for the first 2 Rex years. 

It's different to me though coming from CJ. Gives me a little hope but as optimistic as I am,  not sure we're ready to win that much yet. 

For a while now I've been saying Jets will finish 2nd in the East and advance to the playoffs. I'm sticking with that. To me it's between who progresses better out of Tua and Wilson and my money is on Wilson.

I also think we split the season with the Jets

We’ve reached the pinnacle of a typical Jets year. Seems a bit early to be peaking though. We usually hear players predicting greatness around early August or right before we start to play others teams.

We will hit the trough around October. Once fans start to scout the 2023 draft around November, morale will start to recover.

2943A8FF-7EE0-43C4-B1A4-4794EDC2EBA2.jpeg

• Haha 4