12-5 and win AFCE

10 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

I agree with a lot of what you said but some is just blatant optimism without any kind of real proof. This fan base has been BEAT DOWN for so long that at this point negativity is just more habitual than optimism.

I don't see 12 wins but 10 is realistic. The stealers, ravens, Browns, Miami and Pats are all beatable. We have done a LOT to improve this team.

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

This on the beat down. 

Every off season are promises and hype and excitement.

Then the season starts and every fan all at once become that one guy in waterboy "oh no, we suck again"

Like we say every year.... hopefully this year is different. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, PorP said:

This on the beat down. 

Every off season are promises and hype and excitement.

Then the season starts and every fan all at once become that one guy in waterboy "oh no, we suck again"

Like we say every year.... hopefully this year is different. 

This year is actually different.. I understand why it seems like the rhetoric every year... 

This team has never been more suited to surprise the league

1 hour ago, Skeptable said:

It seems you are underestimating adding either a probowler or high draft talent to every position group not to mention the most injured team last year... Never since I have been a fan has the team improved this much in an off season... Less then 10 wins is an absolute failure... 

Safety... Added probowler and brought back their 2nd best player as well

CB.... Added a probowler and a top 5 draft pick.. 

LB... Injuries but didn't get worse

DL... Added Martin, Lawson, Thomas and move JFM inside

WR... Added top 10 draft talent only lost a possession Wr

RB... added a 3 down NFL ready back to pair with MC... 

TE... added 2 top 10 TEs and drafted the top blocking TE in the draft... 

OL... added a pro bowl guard and get back a top 10 LT talent from injury... Lose a net negative in GVR and Moses which could hurt depth... 

QB in his 2nd year that all QBs make a big leap. 

So please come at with where the Jets didn't improve... 

Not to mention coaching should be better all around in the 2nd year and 2nd year of system. 

The pessimism of this fan group is stupid and ridiculous... I have been a fan for 40+ years and this is close to the lowest optimism I have seen.... It's worse then Gase year 2... Which is bad... 

We've definitely added a lot of talent. QB is the multiplier. If Zach takes the jump we can be a good team. If he continues to struggle, the team will too. Hard to blame people for being pessimistic after the last decade of garbage we've watched. 

I think the improvement at the TE position will be huge for the offense.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

This year is actually different.. I understand why it seems like the rhetoric every year... 

This team has never been more suited to surprise the league

Agreed ... it is different.  And most certainly in the better kind of way too. 100% with you. 

For me personally. I can't put W/L on success. I also don't think W's are the only thing that defines success... again.. for me.  I've got a really hot temper and I could not finish watching all games last year without my TV being in peril. 

I think I can live with 5 wins as long as every game is like the Tampa game where both teams are playing compotent football and it goes to the wire.

Or I can cream myself with 10 or 12 wings! 

But there is just too much youth on the team without even a practice yet for me to lean one way or the other. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

We've definitely added a lot of talent. QB is the multiplier. If Zach takes the jump we can be a good team. If he continues to struggle, the team will too. Hard to blame people for being pessimistic after the last decade of garbage we've watched. 

I think the improvement at the TE position will be huge for the offense.

QB is extra... This team is better even with a mediocre qb... Everyone is putting too much emphasis on the QB... 

Do I personally think he will be better... Yes I think he is going to put non-believers to shame... But this is a team built to win with or without a talented qb... 

Hence getting homerun hitters like hall and Wilson... And adding so much safety outs it Conklin and uzomah.. Just adding those TEs is going to improve this offense immensely. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, PorP said:

Agreed ... it is different.  And most certainly in the better kind of way too. 100% with you. 

For me personally. I can't put W/L on success. I also don't think W's are the only thing that defines success... again.. for me.  I've got a really hot temper and I could not finish watching all games last year without my TV being in peril. 

I think I can live with 5 wins as long as every game is like the Tampa game where both teams are playing compotent football and it goes to the wire.

Or I can cream myself with 10 or 12 wings! 

But there is just too much youth on the team without even a practice yet for me to lean one way or the other. 

I get it but disagree... Wins are the only true measure in this league... Enough with the moral victories... 

Wins now or failure... 

2 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

No I neg rep assholes derailing the thread talking about 50 year old talk show talent

No you neg rep everyone who is smarter than you.  

It’s just what you do.  Always.  You neg repped a post asking why you neg repped MTM. 

Youre just being a douche

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

I neg repped you for derailing a thread that is all move along

I responded to a couple of posts.  You don’t like it, too bad.  That you don’t realize all your neg reps and explanations just derailing your own thread is funny.

I do like that you respond to a post and then gave yourself a laugh emoji.  You’re into it.  We should all neg rep you since you think it’s a thing 

Since we’re all “assholes”.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

29 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Jets will win some games this year, no doubt about it. For them to win the division however something must go seriously wrong with Buffalo. They are clear favorites 

Favorites for sure... They also have tougher opponents they need to face.. For 3 games... This will make a difference... 11 wins for them I think. 

• Thumb Down 1

37 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

I get it but disagree... Wins are the only true measure in this league... Enough with the moral victories... 

Wins now or failure... 

Understand your point of view and I will caveat my 5 win comment.

I know rebuilds take 3 years and cincy  is a rarity.  I'm fully bought in on Joe D and Saleh.  If Joe and or Saleh start making questionable decisions,  then 5 wins will look real bad and I'll be in your bandwagon with a quickness. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

QB is extra... This team is better even with a mediocre qb... Everyone is putting too much emphasis on the QB... 

Do I personally think he will be better... Yes I think he is going to put non-believers to shame... But this is a team built to win with or without a talented qb... 

Hence getting homerun hitters like hall and Wilson... And adding so much safety outs it Conklin and uzomah.. Just adding those TEs is going to improve this offense immensely. 

The team is better even with a mediocre qb but it's not like we built like 2009/10 where the defense is dominant. We could have a dominant rushing attack if the o-line all comes together and Hall is as advertised but we don't have that shut down D to go along w/it.

That's the type of team I think of when you think about winning even with a mediocre QB. Pass D should be a lot better but I still worry about the run D.

If D continues to get gashed it's going to take pretty good QB play for this team to take a leap.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

I think most of us expect more wins. But if the team looks good, and if Zach is coming along, I think a lot of us would be satisfied with 6-9 wins.

Is that satisfactory to you, or are you more along the lines of playoffs or bust?

10 wins or bust... Playoffs should be expected though

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The team is better even with a mediocre qb but it's not like we built like 2009/10 where the defense is dominant. We could have a dominant rushing attack if the o-line all comes together and Hall is as advertised but we don't have that shut down D to go along w/it.

That's the type of team I think of when you think about winning even with a mediocre QB. Pass D should be a lot better but I still worry about the run D.

If D continues to get gashed it's going to take pretty good QB play for this team to take a leap.

Fair point about run defense... I think with whitehead at safety and improvements on the DL should fix that issue... 

Also thinking the improvements to the offense will score more points forcing more passing than last year

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

1 million thousand hundred percent.

And I'd even go 09 - 12.

I remember multiple interviews from different players / teams starting they most hated playing the jets because win/lose they knew they were going to catch a defense arse whoopin.

Depending on how the new adds pan out though. I don't think we are far off,  I'm expecting big things from QW this year,  both of em.