12-5 and win AFCE

1 hour ago, Skeptable said:

Fair point about run defense... I think with whitehead at safety and improvements on the DL should fix that issue... 

Also thinking the improvements to the offense will score more points forcing more passing than last year

I don't see Whitehead single handedly turning around the run defense but I really don't understand how this scheme is supposed to stop the run. What are you referring to as the improvements on DL? The edge rushers? 

The way they line up the d-line in this scheme creates giant natural gaps. To me that seems to imply that someone else is responsible to stop the run, at least more often than in a traditional 3-4 or 4-3. My assumption was that it was the LBrs but I can see how S's can help w/it too.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

The offensive tackle situation is probably the biggest concern I have. If Zach is getting drilled every time he drops back, he’s going to fail, and the Jets will fail. We should’ve resigned Moses for more than what Baltimore offered. Reiff should be signed before TC.  

Agreed but tough to have a worse offense line then last year

17 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't see Whitehead single handedly turning around the run defense but I really don't understand how this scheme is supposed to stop the run. What are you referring to as the improvements on DL? The edge rushers? 

The way they line up the d-line in this scheme creates giant natural gaps. To me that seems to imply that someone else is responsible to stop the run, at least more often than in a traditional 3-4 or 4-3. My assumption was that it was the LBrs but I can see how S's can help w/it too.

A lot of the gaps were the dbs out of place last year... But the scheme puts a lot of pressure on each player to do their job... If 1 or 2 players don't win their position it creates gaps. 

Also some of the bigger runs were DL that were going for the big play rather than do their job... Like Huff running past his assignment to get a sack rather than play the position. 

Tough to go through each one because it seemed like each big play was a different player missing his assignment at the wrong time. 

And yes improvements to the DL are Lawson on one side with Huff or JJ or martin on the other creating a need for their offense to speed up and backside pressure on the ball carrier.. Also moving JFM inside will help improve run stopping... Then there is Thomas and curry as solid veterans to help run stopping. 

DL should be one of the most improved and was one of their bigger strengths for them at times. 

5 hours ago, munchmemory said:

To coincide with our miraculous W-L record, I am planning to finally perfect a time machine which transports me immediately into a threesome with Christy Canyon and Seka. 

Ok. You and I gave to meet at some point. You bring in the Ann Margaret pictures and now pull seka?
my god the memories you just brought back

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Trotter said:

A neg vote for Diana rigg?

these youngsters today.

I think Skep was neg repping me and Jet Nut because we were hijacking his thread.  I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt that he would not have a problem with anyone who looks like Diana Rigg.  

28 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Ok. You and I gave to meet at some point. You bring in the Ann Margaret pictures and now pull seka?
my god the memories you just brought back

Oh, I pulled a lot on Seka.  lol  Let's meet at ShowWorld.  I'll bring the quarters.  lol

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Saul Goodman said:

The offensive tackle situation is probably the biggest concern I have. If Zach is getting drilled every time he drops back, he’s going to fail, and the Jets will fail. We should’ve resigned Moses for more than what Baltimore offered. Reiff should be signed before TC.  

Zach understanding the offense and getting the ball out on time will have a synergistic effect. 

• Upvote 2

On 6/26/2022 at 5:23 PM, munchmemory said:

If history is any indicator:

MQjWk3@facebook.gif

History is history!  Doesn't have any impact of the future of this franchise... Every team is different and has a chance to write its own path. It only does to SOJF because they need to base their misery in some sort of 'fact'. 

As a 40+ year fan of this team, the team has never been built like this and therefor has no basis in their history. 

So like most other pessimistic fans out there think they are the truth when actually they are on the wrong side. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, munchmemory said:

'As a 40+ year fan of this team, the team has never been built like this and therefor has no basis in their history."  Said by a bunch of Jets fans in bars along Queens Blvd. in Long Island City circa 1979.  

It’s the same story after every draft. 

• Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Jets will win some games this year, no doubt about it. For them to win the division however something must go seriously wrong with Buffalo. They are clear favorites 

Miami, Foxboro, and Buffalo, you mean. People talking about playoffs… if Jets don’t finish last in AFC East that’ll be a huge step forward. 

• WTF? 1

17 hours ago, Skeptable said:

For all this talk that the Jets have a rough opening schedule is a crock of sh*t. 

Ravens will be good but it normally takes them a few weeks to get rolling. They lost their #1WR and their top 2 RBs are coming off season ending surgery... 

They surprise the world and beat Ravens game 1 at home.  1-0

Browns don't have a QB this year... Or maybe he comes back mid-way through the season... They are a 4 win team... 

Another Jets win. 2-0

Bengals are a superbowl team. But look at Joe's stats with and without uzomah... It's kinda interesting. 

Jets Lose a nail biter. 2-1

Steelers don't have a QB not sure why people are scared of them or think they will be good. 

Jets win 3-1

Then they start to play their division... 

Miami at home. Over rated team... Tua is going to be exposed. 

Jets win 4-1

Jets at Lambo... Over rated team that just list their best WR and Arods binky... Good luck getting over .500

Jets win in Lambo for the first time ever... 5-1

Jets at Denver.... Almost no chance for the Jets here... 2nd road game against a superbowl favorite team... In denver

Jets lose to the better Wilson.. 5-2

Jets finally best their demons and crush Pats at home showing how bad they are with their team falling apart... Too bad Mac. 

Jets beat pats 6-2

Jets get the Bills at a bad time... Lose a tough one at home... 

Jets squander opportunity to run away with the division 6-3

Now pats again after a tough loss... In Foxborough... Not good they lose another game they should have won... 

Jets lose 6-4

After this the jets have a get right game... Playing the talentless bears 

Jets win 7-4

Jets then play a tough team at the vikings. But they are nowhere good as they are thought and Cousins shows his Mediocrity throwing 4 picks 

Jets win 8-4

Jets then play bills in Buffalo... Surprise the Bills with how much better they have gotten since their earlier meeting. 

Jets win 9-4

Jets play the lions at home easy win right? No after their big win in Buffalo they have a let down game at home.

Jets lose to the lions questioning how good they really are... 9-5

Jets then play a better and improved jags team that Wilson balls out in... 

Jets win 10-5

Jets play Seahawks the leagues worst team. And crush them... 

Jets win 11-5

With the Jets all coming together the last 2 games making them look like a contender and with the division on the line the jets take out Miami in Miami in a close game. 

Jets win the division at 12-5. Just beating the Bills at 11-6. Miami finishes 9-7 and pats finish 5-12 and their fans are happy they they still didn't get swept by the Jets.

Book it... It's happening 

Say Word Lol GIF by Desus & Meroit's happening GIF

Holy sh*t buddy. What in the hell are you thinking? ???

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Skeptable said:

It seems you are underestimating adding either a probowler or high draft talent to every position group not to mention the most injured team last year... Never since I have been a fan has the team improved this much in an off season... Less then 10 wins is an absolute failure... 

Safety... Added probowler and brought back their 2nd best player as well

CB.... Added a probowler and a top 5 draft pick.. 

LB... Injuries but didn't get worse

DL... Added Martin, Lawson, Thomas and move JFM inside

WR... Added top 10 draft talent only lost a possession Wr

RB... added a 3 down NFL ready back to pair with MC... 

TE... added 2 top 10 TEs and drafted the top blocking TE in the draft... 

OL... added a pro bowl guard and get back a top 10 LT talent from injury... Lose a net negative in GVR and Moses which could hurt depth... 

QB in his 2nd year that all QBs make a big leap. 

So please come at with where the Jets didn't improve... 

Not to mention coaching should be better all around in the 2nd year and 2nd year of system. 

The pessimism of this fan group is stupid and ridiculous... I have been a fan for 40+ years and this is close to the lowest optimism I have seen.... It's worse then Gase year 2... Which is bad... 

Dude... Everyone in the AFC got better including the division leading Bills. I'd bet the farm on the Just End The Seasons finishing 4th in AFC east. 

• WTF? 1

4 hours ago, Atj21 said:

Dude... Everyone in the AFC got better including the division leading Bills. I'd bet the farm on the Just End The Seasons finishing 4th in AFC east. 

Pats got better? They lose their best defense player... They lose there decade long OC and they got better? Plus their long time OL coach is long gone that was everything so much so that Brady made BB bring him back out of retirement... Sorry pats got much worse and did nothing to support Mac but overdraft a guard. 

Bills got Elam and Cooks and Von Miller. Von Miller will help a lot... A rookie DB and later RB that isn't great at pass pro isn't going to help this year they should have drafted hall or walker. 

Miami got Hill... Ok great... The dink dunk offense can be stopped... 

Jets literally got statistically better at every position outside of LB and QB.. and the QB is headed to year 2 where most QBs make the biggest mental leap...  Not not just better but top tier better at each position. 

So is it going to be easy? No of course not... But they are going to make a huge leap. 

Are bills better, slightly... Miami, slightly... Pats, no... And Jets, immensely better. 

1 hour ago, Skeptable said:

That everyone is sleeping on the Jets

Actually nobody is sleeping on them. As a matter of fact, the Jets have gotten respect from the media this off-season. All of this that you are saying is predicated on two things. Hall, Sauce, and G. Wilson hit the ground running and Zach corrects the myriad of problems he had last season and It wasn't all just throwing passes into the dirt. The only thing I really want to see from Zach is that he stops running backwards and taking these ridiculously deep drops and bailing on the pocket at the first sign of pressure. I want to see him advance the ball. I want to see him stepping up to avoid pressure. QB's have been stepping up to side stepping rushers since the 70's. If he does this, I will feel much better because then we have a QB playing under control. 

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

20 hours ago, Skeptable said:

They should get better as the season goes.... If they start 4-1 like we think then 12-5 is not unreasonable. 

I’m having a difficult time with this fast start concept. Jets will have at least three new starters on each side of the ball, with a couple of them being rookies. I don’t think GWilson and JJ will be opening day starters, but they will be in heavy rotation. I certainly believe the talent has been upgraded, but it’s a matter of getting it to gel that quickly. I mean, this is a franchise that hasn’t won a game in September since 2018. They looked atrocious to open last season. The coaching staff needs to do a much better job preparing them for the opener this year, and Zach has to open the season at the level he was playing at the end of last year - at a bare minimum. 

If they can hit 9 wins, I’ll be downright giddy. But I don’t expect that, either. 

• Sympathy 1

23 hours ago, Skeptable said:

For all this talk that the Jets have a rough opening schedule is a crock of sh*t. 

Ravens will be good but it normally takes them a few weeks to get rolling. They lost their #1WR and their top 2 RBs are coming off season ending surgery... 

They surprise the world and beat Ravens game 1 at home.  1-0

Browns don't have a QB this year... Or maybe he comes back mid-way through the season... They are a 4 win team... 

Another Jets win. 2-0

Bengals are a superbowl team. But look at Joe's stats with and without uzomah... It's kinda interesting. 

Jets Lose a nail biter. 2-1

Steelers don't have a QB not sure why people are scared of them or think they will be good. 

Jets win 3-1

Then they start to play their division... 

Miami at home. Over rated team... Tua is going to be exposed. 

Jets win 4-1

Jets at Lambo... Over rated team that just list their best WR and Arods binky... Good luck getting over .500

Jets win in Lambo for the first time ever... 5-1

Jets at Denver.... Almost no chance for the Jets here... 2nd road game against a superbowl favorite team... In denver

Jets lose to the better Wilson.. 5-2

Jets finally best their demons and crush Pats at home showing how bad they are with their team falling apart... Too bad Mac. 

Jets beat pats 6-2

Jets get the Bills at a bad time... Lose a tough one at home... 

Jets squander opportunity to run away with the division 6-3

Now pats again after a tough loss... In Foxborough... Not good they lose another game they should have won... 

Jets lose 6-4

After this the jets have a get right game... Playing the talentless bears 

Jets win 7-4

Jets then play a tough team at the vikings. But they are nowhere good as they are thought and Cousins shows his Mediocrity throwing 4 picks 

Jets win 8-4

Jets then play bills in Buffalo... Surprise the Bills with how much better they have gotten since their earlier meeting. 

Jets win 9-4

Jets play the lions at home easy win right? No after their big win in Buffalo they have a let down game at home.

Jets lose to the lions questioning how good they really are... 9-5

Jets then play a better and improved jags team that Wilson balls out in... 

Jets win 10-5

Jets play Seahawks the leagues worst team. And crush them... 

Jets win 11-5

With the Jets all coming together the last 2 games making them look like a contender and with the division on the line the jets take out Miami in Miami in a close game. 

Jets win the division at 12-5. Just beating the Bills at 11-6. Miami finishes 9-7 and pats finish 5-12 and their fans are happy they they still didn't get swept by the Jets.

Book it... It's happening 

Say Word Lol GIF by Desus & Meroit's happening GIF

maybe.  so much is about attitude and emotion when these guys play.  if saleh can keep the intensity up and they play full 60 minute games, they can go far.  hopefully they start hot right out of the gate.  that will give them confidence.  12-5?  maybe but i think taking care of business in the afce will be the first priority.

• Upvote 1

While I don't think Week 1 is a must win or a season defining game....it is the perfect opportunity to prove that the narrative and culture has changed.

It won't be the only opportunity but what better time than opening day at home with a winnable game on Week 2 to follow.

Start the season off on the right track. But that will surely be a good test for us. Baltimore is always a tough team.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Actually nobody is sleeping on them. As a matter of fact, the Jets have gotten respect from the media this off-season. All of this that you are saying is predicated on two things. Hall, Sauce, and G. Wilson hit the ground running and Zach corrects the myriad of problems he had last season and It wasn't all just throwing passes into the dirt. The only thing I really want to see from Zach is that he stops running backwards and taking these ridiculously deep drops and bailing on the pocket at the first sign of pressure. I want to see him advance the ball. I want to see him stepping up to avoid pressure. QB's have been stepping up to side stepping rushers since the 70's. If he does this, I will feel much better because then we have a QB playing under control. 

They are sleeping because they are saying 1-3 wins better at best... Most news outlets at least... 7-10 is what I hear most. 

1 hour ago, slats said:

I’m having a difficult time with this fast start concept. Jets will have at least three new starters on each side of the ball, with a couple of them being rookies. I don’t think GWilson and JJ will be opening day starters, but they will be in heavy rotation. I certainly believe the talent has been upgraded, but it’s a matter of getting it to gel that quickly. I mean, this is a franchise that hasn’t won a game in September since 2018. They looked atrocious to open last season. The coaching staff needs to do a much better job preparing them for the opener this year, and Zach has to open the season at the level he was playing at the end of last year - at a bare minimum. 

If they can hit 9 wins, I’ll be downright giddy. But I don’t expect that, either. 

12 wins and a fast start... It's coming. The rookies don't need to produce right away... Davis Moore and berrios can hold down the fort... Plus your TEs who are some of the better all around TEs in the league... MC is the RB... the only real rookie that might need to start is Sauce but with Hall there it's not necessary. 

Yes there are new starters but they are veterans that have all played in the Saleh scheme before and their learning curve is small... 

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

maybe.  so much is about attitude and emotion when these guys play.  if saleh can keep the intensity up and they play full 60 minute games, they can go far.  hopefully they start hot right out of the gate.  that will give them confidence.  12-5?  maybe but i think taking care of business in the afce will be the first priority.

Agreed, culture change is under rated in this forum and as a statistic... These guys are hungry and out to prove the world wrong... 

Look at how SF turned from top 2 pick to superbowl loss 4-12 to 13-3... 

This is the method on how they did it and why can't it work the same here

27 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

While I don't think Week 1 is a must win or a season defining game....it is the perfect opportunity to prove that the narrative and culture has changed.

It won't be the only opportunity but what better time than opening day at home with a winnable game on Week 2 to follow.

Start the season off on the right track. But that will surely be a good test for us. Baltimore is always a tough team.

Agreed on this... It will be tough to win but at least it's at home...