Stab at 53 Man Roster

I think they like Rankins more than us.  Rankins played more snaps than any Dlineman other than JFM.  More than Quinnen.  Some of the guys we want to replace seem to be the guys they rely on most - Rankins, and Mosley in particular seem to get a ton of run for players we expect to be out the door by 2023 the latest.  

12 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think they like Rankins more than us.  Rankins played more snaps than any Dlineman other than JFM.  More than Quinnen.  Some of the guys we want to replace seem to be the guys they rely on most - Rankins, and Mosley in particular seem to get a ton of run for players we expect to be out the door by 2023 the latest.  

This is a sign that JD still needs to work on this roster a bit.  You keep guys like Mosley and Rankins at their age on your roster because they add something and they are worth it, not because you don't have a better, cheaper option or can't cut them. 

18 hours ago, Alka said:

I answered Akem Hicks, but realized that he has been signed.  Not much available.  Sheldon Richardson is still available, but I'm not so sure that the Jets want him back.

Funny, I wanted Hicks too.  Training camp should start to fill in some blanks here and linebacker.  I would love to say I have complete confidence in JD, Saleh and Ulbrich to fix the run defense but after last year’s historically bad showing, color me still concerned (until I’m not).

Good chatting with you.