JFM rarely speaks!

Bronx

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Like most jets, the very second the ink was dried on his extension he played much worse.

For how 'awesome' all our dline was last year the results re run defense and pass rushing stunk.

He has been our best dline at times but that whole group needs to be a heck of a lot better.

Just off memory seemed like he had a small series of subpar games but came back strong, and I think everyone believes he is stronger inside both as a pash rusher and as a run stopper.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Like most jets, the very second the ink was dried on his extension he played much worse.

For how 'awesome' all our dline was last year the results re run defense and pass rushing stunk.

He has been our best dline at times but that whole group needs to be a heck of a lot better.

It was pretty stark. I mean it's possible there was a coincidental injury right after that - we've seen players get injured right after turning down offers - but absent such knowledge it's hard to just shrug shoulders at it.

I guess the good news is he doesn't have any more guaranteed years left after 2022 (year to year at >$11MM per for the next 3) so he's in effect playing for a contract again this year, and in each of the next 3 seasons after that. The problem is players still get rewarded for coasting for the first half of a contract year before going on a tear in the second half. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Playing out of position and with little around him had no effect on his play

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I rarely speak...

but I have people recording me working out for hype videos.

#StayedHumble

I think it’s Brandon Jordan saying he rarely speaks he lets his players work speak for him. I think this is the trainer self promoting not JFM. 

• Upvote 2