Help Me Assemble The All-Psycho Defense

I'm trying to assemble the "All Psycho-Defense".  Not necessarily the most skilled defense but the player at each position that is off the wall nuts.  Please make suggestions.  Thus far the only unit I am happy with is my defensive backfield. 

DEFENSE

Line: Lyle Alzado, Suh (the early days), Jack Youngblood, Charles Haley,   (add or subtract any you like. We need to settle on the 4 most demented)

LB's Vontez Burfict, James Harrison, Charlie Badnerich, Jack Lambert, Dick Butkus, Ray Lewis. (Need to settle on 4 most demented)

Safties, Chuck Cecil, Jack Tatum

CB: Night Train Lane, Ronnie Lott

• Upvote 3

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Not sure who will post here, but I will drop a name I didn't become familiar with until a few years ago.

Hardy Brown.  Sad story and crazy guy that had a rough life and drank himself into oblivion, but if you appreciate the old ultra-violence, his bio is worth reading.

THE TOUGHEST 49 EVER

The most dangerous player who ever buckled a chinstrap

His personal story is even wilder than his time in the league.

Very nice addition !  TY

• Upvote 2

The thing with the LB position in particular is there are so many choices. I'd add Bill Romanowski, and perhaps Ted Hendricks. At safety, John Lynch was pretty bonkers - knocked his own brother-in-law, an opposing tight end, out cold and out of a game. Just about ended Christian Okoye's career with a goal line hit, IIRC - and Okoye was no wallflower dwarf when it came to contact.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Bungaman said:

The thing with the LB position in particular is there are so many choices. I'd add Bill Romanowski, and perhaps Ted Hendricks. At safety, John Lynch was pretty bonkers - knocked his own brother-in-law, an opposing tight end, out cold and out of a game. Just about ended Christian Okoye's career with a goal line hit, IIRC - and Okoye was no wallflower dwarf when it came to contact.

Oh, SNAP.   Romanowski.   How did I forget about him.  Yes.  A five alarm mental case on the field.  Remember him spitting on JJ Stokes ??? What a menace 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Aaron Hernandez as a middle linebacker, he’d kill it. 

If I was doing an offense, Hernandez would be a consideration, but his issues were off the field.  Not like he played on the field like a wild man.  If I had to pick a TE that I thought had no regard for personal safety or fear of the opposition and who also looked like a bit of a mental case behind his face mask, I'd have to go with Mark RAMBO Bavaro.  I remember Singletary hitting him like a truck and shaking his head when Rambo didnt even flinch.  There is a sound clip of Parcells commenting on Bavaro... "Id hate to fight that guy.  You never know what he's thinking"

I cant think of too many WR's that would classify as ruffians or dangerous on the field other than Heins Ward.  Some of them that might be a bit "off" during their playing days guys like Irving Fryar, Randy Moss and even our own Robbie Anderson, but none of those guys would be looked at as payers that might just take your head off like Heins Ward was known to do

However, PLENTY of offensive lineman that would make the list.  Keven Gogan, Conrad Dobler, Ritchie Incognito, Harvey Dahl, Mike Munchak 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

Romanowski?

Deacon Jones ?

Romanowski, hell yes.  Decon Jones one of the best, toughest players, but not a mental case. For example, Strahan the much better player than Alzado, but Alzado was a nut. 

Perhaps Gastineau would be a consideration due to the sack dance.  Not just skills, but taunting and so on.  Ask Jackie Slater and the Rams bench

On 6/28/2022 at 3:25 AM, THE BARON said:

If I was doing an offense, Hernandez would be a consideration, but his issues were off the field.  Not like he played on the field like a wild man.  If I had to pick a TE that I thought had no regard for personal safety or fear of the opposition and who also looked like a bit of a mental case behind his face mask, I'd have to go with Mark RAMBO Bavaro.  I remember Singletary hitting him like a truck and shaking his head when Rambo didnt even flinch.  There is a sound clip of Parcells commenting on Bavaro... "Id hate to fight that guy.  You never know what he's thinking"

I cant think of too many WR's that would classify as ruffians or dangerous on the field other than Heins Ward.  Some of them that might be a bit "off" during their playing days guys like Irving Fryar, Randy Moss and even our own Robbie Anderson, but none of those guys would be looked at as payers that might just take your head off like Heins Ward was known to do

However, PLENTY of offensive lineman that would make the list.  Keven Gogan, Conrad Dobler, Ritchie Incognito, Harvey Dahl, Mike Munchak 

By this criteria, if you’re talking offense, Marion Barber III (RIP) is your RB1.

On 6/27/2022 at 2:02 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

Taylor admits he hit his nadir when he would cruise with his fancy Cadillac through rundown neighborhoods simply searching for his next high. One such neighborhood was "The Hill" in Spring Valley, NY.

Dude.  Once upon a time I played in Spring Valley little league.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Goodness gracious…

Supposedly Halas had his shoulder pads checked before at least one game because he thought there were steel plates. 

Years ago I saved clippings of crazy quotes from the newspaper.  I know there were a few from Greg Lloyd about hitting people so hard you would steel their soul.  He didn't want to blow up anybody's knee, but he did want players to "reconsider their line of employment."  I think I had one about him playing Pop Warner where the other kids would have parents that came out to cheer and he did not, so he would try to kill the kids and look at their parents.  It was both sad and funny at the same time.  I guess that is a proper tragedy.  

There are a bunch of articles like that about the Steelers - particularly the "stealing your soul" stuff.  John Elway's first NFL game. 

On his first play, he looked across the line and saw middle linebacker Jack Lambert of the Pittsburgh Steelers glaring at him.

"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself," Elway said. "I'm thinking, `You can have your money back. Just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant.'

"I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there."

Elway was 1-8 for 14 yards with an INT and was sacked 4 times. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1