Help Me Assemble The All-Psycho Defense

**** the Giants, but how is L.T. not on the list? The dude smoked crack, and he was a great player which means he meets parameters. What makes James Harrison a psycho? He came back from paralysis, which is admirable as hell, but not worthy of the title psycho.

Therefor I nominate L.T., and submit the following as evidence of his worthiness for the honor of being on this "all psycho defense". Not only was he psycho on the field, but he lived the psycho life off the field as well demonstrating his genuine, and unquestionable dedication to such. In fact as you'll see at the bottom of this, resume, it's in the dna.  

Here's a look back at the original "L.T.'s" Craziest Moments. https://www.complex.com/sports/2014/02/lawrence-taylor-crazy/lawrence-taylor-drafted

"He doesn’t remember the day he was drafted because he drank 41 beers."

"It's hard to imagine that the second overall pick would celebrate his impending fortune by slamming 41 Coors Lights (come to think of it, it's hard to image how he didn't die). But Taylor ushered in his NFL career with a bang and a tradition we'll never see again because the projected top picks fly to New York City to awkwardly sit at a table until their names are called."

"During his rookie campaign he was speeding and almost died in a car accident. This caused the Giants to come up with a $2 million policy to morbidly profit off of potential death with GM George Young telling the team's trainer that he'd be "Surprised if he lived past age 30." By our count he's been cheating death for a quarter of a century, and counting."

"His nose saved Colombia from economic Depression."

"What spinach was to Popeye, coke was to Lawrence Taylor (if you want a comparable buzz, snort 10 Red Bulls up your nose). His coach may have regarded him as "clean" during his prep years in Chapel Hill, but it was less than a year before L.T. started funding Pablo Escobar's kids' college funds."

"By his third season in the pros he was smoking up to an ounce of crack a day (if you want a comparable buzz, smoke an ounce of crack per day). The drug usage escalated Taylor to the top of the NFL's miscreant pantheon and made his on-field presence even more impressive."

"He used strawberry flavored penicillin to combat potential STDs."

"But the man did have a foolproof way to combat the effects of STDs (a trait you'd need when relying on ladies of the night). The remedy? Well we ruined it for you in the headline, but it was a strawberry milkshake laced with penicillin. And though it probably tasted like that blue water in a porta-john (nor, do we think it looked like the shake above) it kept L.T. from developing lava dick and ending up on New York's injured reserve."

"When "Bountygate" was developing there were two schools of thought. Some were appalled, while others assumed that this had been going on since the league's inception. For example, anybody who was watching 60 Minutes on Nov. 30, 2003 heard Lawrence Taylor say that the Giants paid $500 to $1,000 for big hits. He even called it a "bounty.""

"He hired prostitutes for other players to “tire them out.”"

"You know how analysts and announcers constantly refer to "veteran moves?" This is what they mean. Taylor claimed to send call girls to opposing players' rooms to "keep them up as long as possible" presumably playing Scrabble or watching TV. He claimed to have gotten the idea after it was pulled on him when he was younger by the Houston Oilers."

"After a 1985 "off year," (where he had 13 sacks and made the Pro Bowl) L.T. checked into Methodist Hospital in Houston, under a fake name, to begin, and abruptly end, rehab. After one group therapy session Taylor walked out because he thought the other addicts there were "crazy." It makes us curious to know the stories of the other patients. After all, L.T. had spent the season chewing glass, dancing on stripper poles, and dropping $700 at a time to armed drug dealers. We better be talking about Amanda Bynes level here. After leaving the hospital, L.T. spent the rest of the offseason playing golf across the country with his agent. He returned in 1986 to lead the NFL in sacks, win the MVP award, and beat John Elway and the Broncos 39-20 in Super Bowl XXI. "

He failed a drug test after using a teammate’s urine.

"Rock bottom is when you need somebody else's piss to avoid a suspension for any reason ever. Taylor found a crafty way to have his coke and eat it too. Simply use another guy's lemonade to keep you on the field. Get your money, and pay the dealers. Everyone's happy. In the pre-whizzinator days L.T. found "clean" teammates and had them piss in an aspirin bottle he carried around. When the test came he'd pour his peers' pee into the cup.

That was all well and good until one of the urine samples he was given was also tainted with residual narcotics. Which raises the question of why somebody would give him it in the first place? The real kicker, the unnamed player who got L.T. his second drug violation strike (the first being in the 1987 preseason) passed his exam."

He once arrived to a team meeting in handcuffs.

"At this point you probably realized that Lawrence Taylor's career was basically the real life version of ESPN's Playmakers. A never-ending juxtaposition of constant off the fields hijinks and visceral, made-for-TV, concussion inducing hits. Of course, by "hijinks" we mean paying for sex.

After a night with some call girls, Taylor ended up going to a Bill Parcells-led team meeting in a pair of handcuffs too erotic for the NYPD. The reason? The prostitutes gave their profession a bad name by lacking the competence to bring the keys."

He hired half a dozen prostitutes daily.

"When you're spending a thousand dollars a day on sex, you're either dating Evelyn Lozada or you've hit a new low. In L.T.'s case it was the latter. It's the type of thing that eventually backfires on you (more on that in a minute). But after L.T. retired his schedule really cleared up and he had time to pursue his two great non-football passions: drugs and hookers. Some former players prefer to break down game film, but that just wasn't 56's way."

He beat up a drug dealer after a robbery attempt.

"Taylor admits he hit his nadir when he would cruise with his fancy Cadillac through rundown neighborhoods simply searching for his next high. One such neighborhood was "The Hill" in Spring Valley, NY. Taylor claims to have spotted three dealers but their drug selling procedure made him nervous. One got in the back of his car, one blocked his door, and the other called "shotgun." The dude in the passengers seat eyed his Rolex and after the drug transaction, he (temporarily) took it, at gunpoint, in addition to a diamond pinkie ring. He then handed the gun to his cohort outside the car to add years to their potential felony.

Taylor, seeing his opportunity, gunned it, driving on the curb while the freaked out attempted robber panicked. He threatened Taylor with the gun he no longer had and got his ass kicked by the former most-feared player in the NFL. In an ending straight out of a Disney movie, Taylor got his watch back, as well as the ring, threw him out of the car by the neck, and went home and smoked his crack."

His home turned into a “crack house” after retirement.

"After the whole "tainted urine" incident, L.T. had to be on his best behavior and refrain from doing drugs, lest he risk a "third strike" and possible banishment from the NFL. In short, he had to follow his own advice. That means he had a five-year hiatus from coke lasting from 1988-1993. When talking about his plans after retirement he said "[cocaine was] the only bright spot in his future." With no more drug tests, he was free to indulge. The day after retirement he was smoking crack. 

Eventually Obviously, this development led to a full-on relapse. With no football intervals between the drug use, and a pile of money to burn, he became a junkie. At some point his house resembled Jesse Pinkman's from Breaking Bad, becoming a veritable crack den, filled with hookers and other junkies and using sheets to cover the windows. It took a couple of arrests and a jail threat to turn his life around and re-focus his energy into something less crack related. Somehow that made it worse..."

He paid $300 to have sex with a 16-year-old prostitute.

"In May 2010, Taylor injected himself back into the news cycle by having sex with a 16-year-old prostitute. In fairness to L.T., he claims the woman did say she was 19. And if you can't believe the word of a hooker, who can you trust?"

"It all ended when Taylor registered as a sex offender, and both he and his wife did bizarre interviews with god's gift to mustaches, Geraldo Rivera. We'd like to think this was the end of the ordeal but the old "Apple doesn't fall far from the tree" idiom was dusted off three years later when his son, Lawrence Jr., was also convicted of statutory rape."

200.gif

• Post of the Week 1

On 6/27/2022 at 10:22 AM, THE BARON said:

I'm trying to assemble the "All Psycho-Defense".  Not necessarily the most skilled defense but the player at each position that is off the wall nuts.  Please make suggestions.  Thus far the only unit I am happy with is my defensive backfield. 

DEFENSE

Line: Lyle Alzado, Suh (the early days), Jack Youngblood, Charles Haley,   (add or subtract any you like. We need to settle on the 4 most demented)

LB's Vontez Burfict, James Harrison, Charlie Badnerich, Jack Lambert, Dick Butkus, Ray Lewis. (Need to settle on 4 most demented)

Safties, Chuck Cecil, Jack Tatum

CB: Night Train Lane, Ronnie Lott

Any list without LT is a complete fail

Not only was he crazier than anyone in this group but he was the best of all the LBs listed. He’s better than all of the players listed regardless of position.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

22 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Any list without LT is a complete fail

Not only was he crazier than anyone in this group but he was the best of all the LBs listed. He’s better than all of the players listed regardless of position.  

Not sure I would put LT in a Psycho category  with players like Jack Lambert. 

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Ok, he was a Psycho because he talked trash. 

Taylor in my book is a top 5 all time talent. I'm not sure he is the best with players like Bobby Wagner, Ray Lewis, and Levonte David also in the mix.

Guessing you didn’t see LT play. 

• Haha 1

I actually saw every down he played. I grew up in a rabid Giants family. Oh , wait, because you think he is the best ever, I guess that makes it so. My mistake. 

Pretty much everyone does.  
No one would rank Bobby Wagner or Levonte David in the same sentence.

Bobby Wagner, a 6’ tall MLB and a 24 year old CB who’s accomplished nothing. 

But I’m right because I’m me.  Keep telling yourself that.  

29 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Pretty much everyone does.  
No one would rank Bobby Wagner or Levonte David in the same sentence.

Bobby Wagner, a 6’ tall MLB and a 24 year old CB who’s accomplished nothing. 

But I’m right because I’m me.  Keep telling yourself that.  

https://www.google.com/search?q=best+nfl+linebackers&oq=&aqs=chrome.4.69i58j69i64j46i39i362i523j35i39i362i523l10j46i39i175i199i362i523j35i39i362i523.-1j0j4&client=ms-android-verizon-us-rvc3&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

On 6/27/2022 at 10:22 AM, THE BARON said:

Ronnie Lott

Didn't Ronnie Lott have his pinky finger amputated during a game so that he could finish out the game?

He would qualify for the All-time Psycho defensive team.

24 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Where does it say this is a ranking of who’s the best?  Demario Davis over LT?  Click on LTs name from your list.
Quote:  “Lawrence Julius Taylor, nicknamed "L.T.", is an American former professional football player who spent his entire career as an outside linebacker for the New York Giants in the National Football League. Taylor is widely regarded as the greatest defensive player of all time. ”

https://www.nfl.com/photos/gil-brandt-s-greatest-nfl-linebackers-of-all-time-0ap3000000816217

https://www.nfl.com/photos/top-10-defensive-players-ever-0ap3000000648967

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/492690-the-top-50-greatest-defensive-players-in-nfl-history

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/predicting-2022-mvps-for-each-afc-team-russell-wilson-travis-kelce-among-key-stars-pivotal-to-teams-success/

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/the_50_greatest_defensive_nfl_players_of_all_time/s1__27050450#slide_50

All I did was Google best NFL LBers.  Stand by statement. Wagner is the best LB playing today, David was the best in his prime, so was Ray Lewis. Actually was surprised Davis was ranked so high but he has been lighting it up on NO ever since he got there. I think all of them are top 5 players all time except for Davis. LT was by far the best pass rusher though which I think skews things because everyone puts such a premium  on sacks. 

16 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

All I did was Google best NFL LBers.  Stand by statement. Wagner is the best LB playing today, David was the best in his prime, so was Ray Lewis. Actually was surprised Davis was ranked so high but he has been lighting it up on NO ever since he got there. I think all of them are top 5 players all time except for Davis. LT was by far the best pass rusher though which I think skews things because everyone puts such a premium  on sacks. 

Other tan the ‘“from sources” across the web you give one source who believes Wagner or Levante Davis, Demario Davis should be ranked above LT.  This is just a ridiculous argument 

51 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Other tan the ‘“from sources” across the web you give one source who believes Wagner or Levante Davis, Demario Davis should be ranked above LT.  This is just a ridiculous argument 

Actually I said I wasn't  sure LT should be considered the best anymore cinsidering the other talent. BTW, one of those articles you posted is 12 years old. 

11 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Actually I said I wasn't  sure LT should be considered the best anymore cinsidering the other talent. BTW, one of those articles you posted is 12 years old. 

LOL.  No matter how you explain it you sound like you have no idea here.  

9 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

This is why having a conversation with you is such a chore. You rather make it about me than the subject.  

Later. 

Find me one list, anywhere that puts Wagner, Levante Davis or better yet Demario Davis over LT

Nah, watching you meltdown over something so trivial is just too entertaining.

Russell Crowe Gladiator GIF

I type, not to you that any list needs to include LT and you chime in that he’s not even a top LB.  And won’t shut it down, want to be the only human who believes this. 

17 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Man, Jet Nut sure does find a way to angrily debate ANY topic, doesn't he.

Angrily.  
Any topic.  

Question, is it a requirement that jgb has to upvote every one of your posts and you do the same with his posts?

Its kind of cute 

22 hours ago, Alka said:

Didn't Ronnie Lott have his pinky finger amputated during a game so that he could finish out the game?

He would qualify for the All-time Psycho defensive team.

Indeed, he did.  I also remember seeing him on the sideline deeply inhaling a smelling-slats capsule after delivering a major hit.  Did you ever sniff one of those ??? He had that thing up his nose for an extended period of time.