Martellus Bennett: “Jimmy G is a bitch”. Julian Edelman agrees

It’s been proven you can win with Garropolo (just look at his record) Wish they’d both stop since what they are saying is BS especially Edelman he’s got to stop and realize his butt buddy Brady has moved on without him 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, slats said:

I’d like to hear what they have to say about Cousins. 

Neither even played with Cousins, so I doubt they'd have as much to say or say as boldly.

With that said, I'd expect the sentiment around the league to be similar to what it was for Matthew Stafford before last season.  

Productive, but not a Super Bowl winner.  In most ways, Cousins is more productive that Stafford, but clearly neither has a great W/L record as a starting QB.

image.thumb.png.1a903244e460ea79ee34290febbd5f34.pngYear

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Neither even played with Cousins, so I doubt they'd have as much to say or say as boldly.

With that said, I'd expect the sentiment around the league to be similar to what it was for Matthew Stafford before last season.  

Productive, but not a Super Bowl winner.  In most ways, Cousins is more productive that Stafford, but clearly neither has a great W/L record as a starting QB.

I have all the respect in the world for Sean McVay. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

That's the funny thing about Super Bowl winners. No one is one until they are.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, jgb said:

That's the funny thing about Super Bowl winners. No one is one until they are.

In fairness to @slats, his constant and repetitive point about Kirck Cousins DOES carry some merit.

The guy is unquestionably a top 10 NFL QB in terms of what he produces for his team.  

And yet...his teams never seem to be able to cross the 9 win threshold or make the post-season.

That is indeed notable.  

Now, as has oft been mentioned of late, NFL Football is a very complex intermixing of 22 starting players, Offense, Defense, Specials, etc.  

A QB could be great, but be saddled with a poop Defense and Specials, and lose more than their production would say they should,

But if we look at Kirk Cousins career, I'm not sure we see that:

Ignoring 2012-2014, when he was just a fill in backup, his teams Defensive Rankings were:

2015 - 17th/28th (Points Allowed/Yards Allowed).  Also 15th/22nd in Turnovers Lost/Fumbles Lost on Offense (Higher is worse).

2016 - 19th/28th.  Also 15th/13th in Turnovers Lost/Fumbles Lost.

2017 - 27th/21st.  Also 26th/30th in Turnovers Lost/Fumbles Lost.

Well.  That's pretty ugly, generally bottom half of the league in Defense, and middle or bottom half of the league in team turnovers lost.

So it might explain some of his teams record (a deeper dive is likely in order to fully proof it, but we're just spit-balling here, not writing a term paper for a Master's in Statistics, lol).  And Cousins was/is a fumbler, with 9, 9 and 13 fumbles (don't have lost v. recovered, just total) to go with the 11, 12 and 13 INT's those years If all those fumbles were lost, he suddenly becomes much closer to a 1:1 player than a 2:1 or 3:1 player.  

In Minny tho, maybe it's different:

2018 - 9th/4th (Points Allowed/Yards Allowed).  Quite good.  Also 16th/21st in Turnovers Lost/Fumbles Lost.

2019 - 5th/14th.  Again quite good.  13th/26th in Turnovers/Fumbles lost.

2020 - 29th/27th.  Ouch.  23rd/2rd in Turnovers/Fumbles Lost.

2021 - 24th/30th.  Ouch again.  1st/4th in Turnovers/Fumbles Lost.  

So two very good Defense years, followed by poop.  And other than 2021, again, bottom half of the league in turnovers and fumbles lost.

When we look at his teams W/L records over this span, the two best years he had were 2015 (9 wins) and 2019 (10 wins).

2015 can't be answered with the above, sadly, it's right on line with most of his teams during his career, middling Defense, pretty avg. to poor in team turnovers.  

2019 makes more sense, great D, lots of fumbles lost tho.

Again, this is a snapshot of some aspects. 

We could look at so much more, Rushing Game effectiveness (20/20 Atttempts/Yards in 2015, then 27/21, 24/27, so pretty poop in his time in DC, then 27/30, 4/6, 8/5 and 16/17 in Minny).  

That's alot of weak run support.  Note, again, 2019 (his 10 win season) was the one where D was good, turnovers meh, Rushing was good, and Kirk produced like Kirk.  

But you can look deeper into Kirk himself too, 3rd down completion percentage (not available on my source) if available, comp % in the redzone (also seems not available, sadly).  While harder to find, some of these stats also tell important tales about pressure plays and difference-making crunch time.

To quote Captain America, we could do this all day.  And to understand why Kirk produces at a clear top 10 level and wins much less than such QB production "should", I think you do have to dig deeper.

Or just say "he sucks" and move on, because honestly, trying to dig deeper takes time/effect, and why bother, amirite?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

In fairness to @slats, his constant and repetitive point about Kirck Cousins DOES carry some merit.

The guy is unquestionably a top 10 NFL QB in terms of what he produces for his team.  

And yet...his teams never seem to be able to cross the 9 win threshold or make the post-season.

That is indeed notable.  

Now, as has oft been mentioned of late, NFL Football is a very complex intermixing of 22 starting players, Offense, Defense, Specials, etc.  

A QB could be great, but be saddled with a poop Defense and Specials, and lose more than their production would say they should,

Ignoring 2012-2014, when he was just a fill in backup, his teams Defensive Rankings were:

2015 - 17th/28th (Points Allowed/Yards Allowed).  Also 15th/22nd in Turnovers Lost/Fumbles Lost on Offense (Higher is worse).

Well.  That's pretty ugly, generally bottom half of the league in Defense, and middle or bottom half of the league in team turnovers lost.

So it might explain some of his teams record (a deeper dive is likely in order to fully proof it, but we're just spit-balling here, not writing a term paper for a Master's in Statistics, lol).  And Cousins was/is a fumbler, with 9, 9 and 13 fumbles (don't have lost v. recovered, just total) to go with the 11, 12 and 13 INT's those years If all those fumbles were lost, he suddenly becomes much closer to a 1:1 player than a 2:1 or 3:1 player.  

2018 - 9th/4th (Points Allowed/Yards Allowed).  Quite good.  Also 16th/21st in Turnovers Lost/Fumbles Lost.

So two very good Defense years, followed by poop.  And other than 2021, again, bottom half of the league in turnovers and fumbles lost.

When we look at his teams W/L records over this span, the two best years he had were 2015 (9 wins) and 2019 (10 wins).

2015 can't be answered with the above, sadly, it's right on line with most of his teams during his career, middling Defense, pretty avg. to poor in team turnovers.  

We could look at so much more, Rushing Game effectiveness (20/20 Atttempts/Yards in 2015, then 27/21, 24/27, so pretty poop in his time in DC, then 27/30, 4/6, 8/5 and 16/17 in Minny).  

That's alot of weak run support.  Note, again, 2019 (his 10 win season) was the one where D was good, turnovers meh, Rushing was good, and Kirk produced like Kirk.  

But you can look deeper into Kirk himself too, 3rd down completion percentage (not available on my source) if available, comp % in the redzone (also seems not available, sadly).  While harder to find, some of these stats also tell important tales about pressure plays and difference-making crunch time.

To quote Captain America, we could do this all day.  And to understand why Kirk produces at a clear top 10 level and wins much less than such QB production "should", I think you do have to dig deeper.

Or just say "he sucks" and move on, because honestly, trying to dig deeper takes time/effect, and why bother, amirite?

I'd ride with Cousins over Dilfer.

It's a large data set, outliers happen. A great QB's career is not long enough to ensure every great QB wins at least one ring.

I'd bet on that production.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Warfish said:

That is indeed notable.  

Sounds like yer a major cousins fan. Is he your cousin or something? Was he the one who took you from comfortably numb to echoes?

Maybe Jimmy Gis a bitch, mabye he's not but what are they bitching about?  Didnt they win the Super Bowl that year?  And Brady wasnt undefeated when he came back, so it sounds like they're the bitches for bitching like a bunch of bitches.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Maybe Jimmy Gis a bitch, mabye he's not but what are they bitching about?  Didnt they win the Super Bowl that year?  And Brady wasnt undefeated when he came back, so it sounds like they're the bitches for bitching like a bunch of bitches.

Bitches be bitchin’

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Sounds like yer a major cousins fan. Is he your cousin or something? Was he the one who took you from comfortably numb to echoes?

I'm just a production fan when it comes to QB.

Give me a 64%, 4,200 passing yards, 3:1 QB any day. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2