Jump to content

Le’Veon Bell set to box Adrian Peterson


Jetsfan80
 Share

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Bell's actually been boxing for a really long time. Used to train with Don Somerville when he played for the Jets to stay in shape for football.  

Whatever man. Say that to my face.

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Bell's actually been boxing for a really long time. Used to train with Don Somerville when he played for the Jets to stay in shape for football.  

If that's the case Im changing my pick to Bell. If Peterson doesn't have any boxing experience Bell should prevail.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

If that's the case Im changing my pick to Bell. If Peterson doesn't have any boxing experience Bell should prevail.

I'm sure Peterson trains too, it's a common thing for football players. The only reason I know about Bell is because he trained in NJ for a while.

End of the day boxing amateur or exhibitions really comes down to conditioning and how well you can take getting punched in the face really hard repeatedly. I highly doubt either guy was doing hard sparring when they were playing and if they were it was likely in heavily controlled environments. Training boxing to stay in shape and training to actually fight are two very different things. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I'm sure Peterson trains too, it's a common thing for football players. The only reason I know about Bell is because he trained in NJ for a while.

End of the day boxing amateur or exhibitions really comes down to conditioning and how well you can take getting punched in the face really hard repeatedly. I highly doubt either guy was doing hard sparring when they were playing and if they were it was likely in heavily controlled environments. Training boxing to stay in shape and training to actually fight are two very different things. 

I've watched 100's of fights ringside - I used to work Badman contests back in the 80's. If its gonna be a quick 1 round fight its anybodies game cause they will both be non stop swinging. If the fight goes 3 rounds or more the better boxer should prevail. The boxer that knows how to protect himself while the other punches himself out should win. Bell is a patient runner so maybe he will be a patient fighter and let Peterson punch himself out. I dont know how many rounds the fight is scheduled for and how long each round is.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

I've watched 100's of fights ringside - I used to work Badman contests back in the 80's. If its gonna be a quick 1 round fight its anybodies game cause they will both be non stop swinging. If the fight goes 3 rounds or more the better boxer should prevail. The boxer that knows how to protect himself while the other punches himself out should win. Bell is a patient runner so maybe he will be a patient fighter and let Peterson punch himself out. I dont know how many rounds the fight is scheduled for and how long each round is.

This is like Einstein prognosticating a first grade spelling bee

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

I've watched 100's of fights ringside - I used to work Badman contests back in the 80's.

My uncle took me to one of those in the 80s at the Palladium when I was little. Mr. T was the ref and some kid that looked like he was in high school came out and started knocking everyone out. Guy turned out to be Matt Serra, lol.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Andrian Peterson is a classic example of why athletes should focus on their career and leave romance/relationships/family til after they retire. This dude hasn't disappeared due to child support. Meanwhile Calvin Johnson got it right. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...