IMHO: 2 Jets who (most) everyone expects to get cut that will make the team and vice versa

Sarge4Tide

23 hours ago, section314 said:

Agreed.  Also, is Mike White really a lock to make this team? 

some people think mike white is the second coming of joe namath.  i don't know except if they don't find anyone else then the qb line up will most likely be wilson/flacco/white.  should white be moved ahead of flacco? white's in his 4th year he has to have learned something about playing the position.

On 6/28/2022 at 4:55 PM, Warfish said:

Expected to make it, will get cut:

1. Jeff Smith, WR

2. Ty Johnson OR Tevin Coleman, both RB

Expected to get cut, will make team:

1. Trevon Wesco, TE

2. La'Michael Perine, RB

Don't feel strongly about any of this tho, of all our recent seasons, this one feels like the roster will go pretty much as expected all down the line.

I'm not seeing alot of "long shots" making this team in 2022. 

Maybe a sign we're finally a little deeper talent-wise?

This is about where my heads at.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

some people think mike white is the second coming of joe namath.  i don't know except if they don't find anyone else then the qb line up will most likely be wilson/flacco/white.  should white be moved ahead of flacco? white's in his 4th year he has to have learned something about playing the position.

Second coming of Joe Namath?  It took Joe much longer to make the HOF!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

there’s almost no chance that Huff gets cut, IMO

You don't sign Jacob Martin and trade  3 draft picks to get a DE in the 1st round if you think Bryce Huff is an elite pass rusher

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I agree on Hardee.  The guy played over 360 snaps on ST last year.  That has value, likely more value to the team than a 6th or 7th CB who does not give us what Hardee does on specials.  I think he is safe.

Edoga - remains to be seen.  Will be fighting for his position in the summer -- would like to see him beat out McDermott for a back-up tackle spot.  Would not be shocked either way, but I would think if they are close, the 25 year old gets the edge ahead of the 30 year old.

I do expect Hamsah will be on the team.  I think  he has another year to prove he belongs.  

Agree with you that Huff could be odd man out if the oethr edges stay healty through camp.  Would be a good PS candidate (as would Hamsah if he is cut).

• Upvote 1

Agree with previous posters

• Adios to Tevin Coleman after TC
  • Joyner will be displaced my the new crew -- that jet never took off

expected but don't--

• Mims sticks over Jeff S
  • QB White
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

You don't sign Jacob Martin and trade  3 draft picks to get a DE in the 1st round if you think Bryce Huff is an elite pass rusher

I don’t think they like him as an elite pass rusher, they like him as a rotational pass rusher. 

the scheme is all about having a bunch of guys who can rush the passer that rotate in and out of the lineup. I see them carrying as many DEs as possible and I think Huff has flashed too much to get cut. JMO

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I don’t think they like him as an elite pass rusher, they like him as a rotational pass rusher. 

the scheme is all about having a bunch of guys who can rush the passer that rotate in and out of the lineup. I see them carrying as many DEs as possible and I think Huff has flashed too much to get cut. JMO

huff vs Curry for the final spot. Zuniga in the running as well. If they can trade Huff for anything they might.

• Upvote 1