Do you have stupid neighbors?

36 minutes ago, nycdan said:

As I get older, my wife noticed I am turning into Mr. Wilson from Dennis the Menace.  Neighbors moved in next door about 5 years ago with little kids.  The girl is a shrieker.  She's outside all the time and apparently doesn't know how to breathe without screaming.  Not a spectrum thing either, just obnoxious and the parents don't care.  Makes me grumpy.  Then there's the dog about two houses down behind my house that gets left outside for hours in the summer and barks until its throat turns inside out.  I have spoken to them and called police on them.  It solves it for a week or two and then it starts up again.  I figure the dog is about 5 now so another 7 or 8 years to go.

I swear, if I could have any superpower, it would be Thor's.  A few well-placed lightning bolts would solve all my neighbor problems.  I just want quiet.

Honestly though, I can't image what my wife is thinking calling me Mr. Wilson.  

Welcome to my world.  I've left a cookie tray of Italian favorites outside your door.

As I've gotten older, I realized that I hate just about all people.  Humanity:  A failed experiment.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jet9 said:

Not passing judgment but not sure how anyone lives in an HOA at all. 'Hey, so I know you own this property but here are the many reasons you actually don't. Oh, and you'll pay me monthly for this as well'. No thanks. Just another form of rent-seeking. 

I lived in an HOA for 10 years.  It was actually pretty good.  House appreciated more than the surrounding area and the cookies at the meetings were great.  The meetings were fun.  Everyone got to yell at the President of the board and get everything we didn't like about everything and each other off our chest.  Very cathartic.

• Haha 1

I get along great with my neighbors.  I don't talk to them.  They don't talk to me. 

One of our next door neighbors has been living next to us for 20 years.  Not even sure of the wife's name.  I thinks it is Shelly.  My wife thinks its Sherrie.  She may be right.  or maybe I am. 

I don't really care as long as what's her name next door leaves me alone.

48 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Welcome to my world.  I've left a cookie tray of Italian favorites outside your door.

As I've gotten older, I realized that I hate just about all people.  Humanity:  A failed experiment.

I have a very similar sentiment.  I tell my friends "The list of people I don't absolutely despise gets shorter every year.  Unlucky for you, you are still on it."

Honestly...I don't see Thanos as quite the villain everyone else seems to.  

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I have a very similar sentiment.  I tell my friends "The list of people I don't absolutely despise gets shorter every year.  Unlucky for you, you are still on it."

Honestly...I don't see Thanos as quite the villain everyone else seems to.  

I live in a nice apartment complex.   Problem for me is that it's chocked full of some of the biggest idiots on Earth.  Slamming car doors at midnight; having a conversation outside by people's bedroom windows at 2AM; slamming doors as loudly as is humanly possible; disgusting garbage/recycling room where morons leave filth on the floor, pile boxes to the ceiling, etc.; the dumbest little yapper dog ever born barking non-stop as it exits a tenant's apartment, through the hallway, and outside if it sees another dog or person....I could go on.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

I not only hate my neighbors, I hate Martians.  You can have the whole dam solar system.  

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, nycdan said:

As I get older, my wife noticed I am turning into Mr. Wilson from Dennis the Menace.  Neighbors moved in next door about 5 years ago with little kids.  The girl is a shrieker.  She's outside all the time and apparently doesn't know how to breathe without screaming.  Not a spectrum thing either, just obnoxious and the parents don't care.  Makes me grumpy.  Then there's the dog about two houses down behind my house that gets left outside for hours in the summer and barks until its throat turns inside out.  I have spoken to them and called police on them.  It solves it for a week or two and then it starts up again.  I figure the dog is about 5 now so another 7 or 8 years to go.

I swear, if I could have any superpower, it would be Thor's.  A few well-placed lightning bolts would solve all my neighbor problems.  I just want quiet.

Honestly though, I can't image what my wife is thinking calling me Mr. Wilson.  

Little girls like to screech.  It’s in their nature.  Try getting to know her better and it’ll become cute. 

The dog is a shame.  I hate when people leave their pets outside.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2022 at 12:25 PM, Jet9 said:

Not passing judgment but not sure how anyone lives in an HOA at all. 'Hey, so I know you own this property but here are the many reasons you actually don't. Oh, and you'll pay me monthly for this as well'. No thanks. Just another form of rent-seeking. 

Couldnt disagree more. Keeps lowlives away and the hood looking pristine. Worth every cent. 
I dont like boats parked on front lawns

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

My next door neighbor changed her walk-out basement into an and Airbnb with bath/kitchen etc.  Beautiful property.  It is doing very well.  At first, my wife and other surrounding neighbors weren't happy, but there is no problem at all.  As of yet.    Definitely NOT a stupid neighbor.  I'd say very smart.

On 7/4/2022 at 8:07 PM, Dcat said:

I have this stupid neighbor. He used to hang bird feeders which bears can smell from like half a mile away or something and now we have a couple of regular bears looping through the neighborhood on a regular basis.  F'ing idiot.  Needless to say, bird feeders are gone.