NY Jets Roster Battles

Breece Hall, Sauce Gardner & Garrett Wilson

On this episode of our NY Jets Podcast, JetNation Radio, Dylan Tereman and Alex Varallo review the position battles for the starting 22 spots. Many positions are up for grabs. The Jets coaching staff stresses a deep rotation along the defensive line.

Which player will be TE1?

Can Bryce Hall hold his starting job?

Will Jeff Smith put pressure on Denzel Mims for a roster spot?

Special thanks go out to our long time sponsor, MILE Social a NJ Digital Marketing Agency. They help us with our online presence and social media.

Our NY Jets Podcast can now be found on Spotify and Amazon Music. Also, be sure to subscribe to us on iTunes or Google Play. Here is some more information on how you can find us online.

The post NY Jets Roster Battles appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Click here to read the full story...

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

I'm just happy I'm not in a roster battle with anyone looking like they'll be on the 53 for a change. If I had gotten off the couch a time or two, I think I could have beaten a couple guys out the last couple years. 

Only if you can pass, catch, jump, run, tackle, cover or kick.

31 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

based on some of the people I've seen in the games.. those don't necessarily seem to be requirements. 

What do you think of your team’s execution?

I’m in favor of it.

Quite possibly the greatest exchange in NFL history.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, jgb said:

Only if you can pass, catch, jump, run, tackle, cover or kick.

Ironically, I know it would be extremely difficult to get through the tryout and then be signed, but with some of the kickers we had missing nearly every extra point and FG attempt, how much worse could most people off the street or off this forum could have done?. I mean if I miss worse then those kickers did what is the real difference?. You still missed and we still lost in either case.

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Ironically, I know it would be extremely difficult to get through the tryout and then be signed, but with some of the kickers we had missing nearly every extra point and FG attempt, how much worse could most people off the street or off this forum could have done?. I mean if I miss worse then those kickers did what is the real difference?. You still missed and we still lost in either case.

The whole kicking thing I really don’t get. There are what 150 college teams and most of those guys must hit 80% or better on XPs. So with like 40 college kickers coming out each year (not to mention tons of soccer players that go into professions other than soccer because it doesn’t pay the bills) we can’t find ONE that isn’t a total choke artist? Time to pull a dick vermeil and have open kickoff tryouts in the MetLife parking lot

• Upvote 2

On 6/29/2022 at 12:27 PM, jgb said:

The whole kicking thing I really don’t get. There are what 150 college teams and most of those guys must hit 80% or better on XPs. So with like 40 college kickers coming out each year (not to mention tons of soccer players that go into professions other than soccer because it doesn’t pay the bills) we can’t find ONE that isn’t a total choke artist? Time to pull a dick vermeil and have open kickoff tryouts in the MetLife parking lot

The Jets will have a perfectly good kicking battle. lol

image.png.48c7e17cd2ea41d322988f6c7c770629.png

image.png.8c86d62beb07509bac06d0e1900985a9.png