NFL roster rankings for all 32 teams for 2022: Strengths, weaknesses and X factors for every starting lineup

2 hours ago, slats said:

Saleh isn’t looking to be a ground & pound team. The Jets didn’t draft a QB #2 and three WRs in the first two rounds the last couple years because three yards and a cloud of dust is gonna do it. Saleh has spoken both about the difficulties maintaining long drives, and the need for chunk plays. One penalty, sack, or other negative play can end a g&p type team’s drive at any time. They don’t want to be in that position. They 100% plan to run the football a lot, don’t get me wrong, but they want a balanced attack that keeps the defense on its heels.

The Titans are probably the best recent example of a team having some success with this type of offense but they wound up being let down by their QB when it mattered. It’s not gonna stop being a QB driven league. 

Titans, Colts and Ravens all failed to get it done. Agree 100%.

On 7/1/2022 at 5:26 AM, Irish Jet said:

Don't think defensive line is a strength of this team at all, certainly not until we see Lawson back at full strength.

It's was pitiful against the run last year and lost it's best run defender. That's not promising. 

I agree w/you about Lawson, who I was never sold on being that big of an impact in the first place. I don't know about the run D though, seems the scheme relies on LBrs or S's & CB's more to stop the run. They line up creating massive natural gaps which no human could possible defend.

7 hours ago, slats said:

Saleh isn’t looking to be a ground & pound team. The Jets didn’t draft a QB #2 and three WRs in the first two rounds the last couple years because three yards and a cloud of dust is gonna do it. Saleh has spoken both about the difficulties maintaining long drives, and the need for chunk plays. One penalty, sack, or other negative play can end a g&p type team’s drive at any time. They don’t want to be in that position. They 100% plan to run the football a lot, don’t get me wrong, but they want a balanced attack that keeps the defense on its heels.

The Titans are probably the best recent example of a team having some success with this type of offense but they wound up being let down by their QB when it mattered. It’s not gonna stop being a QB driven league. 

Fair point. The Jets have certainly not drafted to be GNP but every balanced as you mentioned.  I think Saleh is smart enough to recognize what the offense looks like but I guess I was commenting on what I think Saleh personally believes. 

I am so impressed with what they have done the last couple of years in drafting a QB and then following that with everything they can to surround him with talent. Buffalo did as well. But then you look at what we did with Sanchez, Geno and Sam and it's just criminal. 

Why does everyone feel that things remain static? Are we to assume that there will be no improvement in the play of the LBs therefore they will play the same and suck?  Maybe JD and Saleh feel they are going to be the most improved group or maybe weaknesses in the front line were the problem and therefore felt they could take a chance on the LBs. Improved d line play will improve the LBs performance