Will it be Elijah or Garrett Wilson who has more success?

Wouldn't that be Sweet!

The young man seems to have a good head on his shoulders. 

Certainly could have a real nice year if he picks up the playbook. 

Personally, I don't see him getting caught up in the hype of being in the NFL and very rich (of course who knows for sure)but having to play against NFL defenses for the first time might be a rude awakening. 

Happy with pick.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Normstansfield said:

Both get 1,000 yards 

Welcome to the board. I can definitely see this   Each averaging 60 yards/game is achievable. 
this offense averaged 306 yards/game in ‘21. I would expect us to get up into the 375 - 400 range with all the players we added  Add to that our running game should be more explosive this year with Becton, Tomlinson, Hall and quality TE play.  Zach will have an opportunity to open things up a bit if he improves measurably this year  

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

His impact will undoubtedly be influenced by the QB play. If Zach has a Burrow rookie year (averaged over a full season)then it’s possible. 

If Zach plays like Burrow then this is entirely possible. 

8 hours ago, Normstansfield said:

Both get 1,000 yards 

I’d expect Moore to be ahead this season just because he’s the second year player, but it will be interesting to watch. Moore is the precise route runner who’s gonna be where you expect him to be on every down, whereas Wilson is no slouch in that department but also brings some circus catch abilities. 

I don’t see them both hitting 1000 yards, though. Jets are going to run the ball a ton this year, and the overhauled TE room will be much more involved in the passing game. Hall and MC1 will also be thrown to a lot. Can’t forget Berrios, either. I do expect some splash plays from both of these guys, but not a ton of touches. Probably more like 3 or 4 catches a game most weeks. 

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

If Zach plays like Burrow then this is entirely possible. 

Over a full season in his rookie year (projected over 17 games) Burrow was on pace for:

4,500 yds: 65% comp  %: 22 TD:  9 INT 

I’ll take that in year two along with 350 yds  rushing and another 4 RTD

ADD another 1,800+ rushing yds  out of our backfield and I think we can be a 9-8 team  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Over a full season in his rookie year (projected over 17 games) Burrow was on pace for:

ADD another 1,800+ rushing yds  out of our backfield and I think we can be a 9-8 team  

I think you nailed it here. If Zach's Comp. # is anywhere close to this, we should be fine. Actually, lots more than fine.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

More importantly that would be an unbelievably fun season to watch. Shirtless. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

4500 yards would’ve been good for 7th best in the NFL last year. I think anyone would take that, but no one should expect it. As for the other numbers, those are league average type numbers right now and he should at the very least be close to them. Middle of the pack would be around 3700 yards, and I think that’s a fairer hope on a team that looks to run the football a lot and throw to its TEs and RBs a lot when they do throw. Definitely want to see his ypa up above 7, too. If he’s close to 65%, he should be there. 

• Upvote 1

Moore was a massive volume guy and a big play guy his last year in college. Wilson was in more of a spread it out passing offense his whole career.

Wilson could emerge to be the alpha eventually, and stranger things have happened than him being the alpha, but it’d be unfair to expect him to adjust to being the primary receiver as he adjusts to playing at the NFL level and learns a new offense.

I think a CeeDee Lamb trajectory in terms of role in the offense is probably best reasonable case for Wilson - minus the needing to trade the inconsistent highly paid trade acquisition to open up the #1 spot part of course.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, slats said:

4500 yards would’ve been good for 7th best in the NFL last year. I think anyone would take that, but no one should expect it. As for the other numbers, those are league average type numbers right now and he should at the very least be close to them. Middle of the pack would be around 3700 yards, and I think that’s a fairer hope on a team that looks to run the football a lot and throw to its TEs and RBs a lot when they do throw. Definitely want to see his ypa up above 7, too. If he’s close to 65%, he should be there. 

Avg. of 265 y/g would get yo to 4,500. 
Zach avg. of 179 last year
In 4 games Mike White avg. 235 y/g

Now no one except @T0mShane expects Zach to be that good, but it isn’t out of the realm of possibility with the new weapons we have added. 

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I really like Wilson but he's not the same level as Chase. It's a pie in the sky dream.

What makes it a pie in the sky dream?  What area is Chase clearly better in that makes it a dream?

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jethead said:

Same size and speed. Wilson is clearly WR1 caliber. Agree with Nut.

Chase was great a year ago and clearly one of the best who you pray Wilson could emulate.  It’s the it’s the pie in the sky dream that’s the problem, that his WR1 level can’t be reached 

33 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

What makes it a pie in the sky dream?  What area is Chase clearly better in that makes it a dream?

Chase was the best WR prospect since Julio. It’s pie in the sky to expect Wilson to replicate a historically good rookie season with a lesser QB. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Chase was the best WR prospect since Julio. It’s pie in the sky to expect Wilson to replicate a historically good rookie season with a lesser QB. 

And I’ll ask again, in what area is Chase superior.  Not saying he’s in the same class but the statement was Wilson could have the same impact to his offense.  I’m asking what makes Chase that much better.  

16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And I’ll ask again, in what area is Chase superior.  Not saying he’s in the same class but the statement was Wilson could have the same impact to his offense.  I’m asking what makes Chase that much better.  

He’s bigger, faster and a better deep threat. They’re both great at contested catches but I’d give the edge to Chase because of his size and we’ve seen him do it in the SEC and the NFL. Chase was also the alpha on teams with Justin Jefferson and Tee Higgins. And he has a better QB. 

I’m very excited for Wilson and I hope he has 1000 yards this year but I’d be surprised if he is that productive as a rookie. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Moore:
Moore was used to being wide open and making catches.   That was the NFL adjustment he will need to make.   He’s good but in the NFL he will need to make contested catches to be an Alpha.   If he doesn’t make that jump, he will still have a good career.   

G Wilson:

He has that shake and bake cut that’s very good.   I wonder how he will respond when NFL CBs sit on it?  It looks different enough - can he make his normal cut look close to enough to be a good counter?  He reminds of Alan Iverson with his spring-y-ness.   He attacks the ball in the air and loves to pull it down.   I’m thrilled he’s a Jet! 

He will need to clean up the route running.    He’s a rookie and I like to assume a slow rookie year and be surprised if he makes the jump early.

Both players have sky high ceilings and floors of being a + starter.  Wilson is a rookie.   I hope Moore cleaned up the route tree    He will have a big season if so    

12 hours ago, AFJF said:

If I had to put money on it I'd say Moore but honestly don't care.  Between Moore, Wilson, Davis, Berrios, Conklin, Uzomah and Ruckert, we may not see any one guy "blow up" but could have a bunch of 500-700 yd guys if they spread it around.

Last season, early on Wilson was feeding it to Davis heavily.  I think we will see a similar thing with Moore. Wilson may overtake him in targets in the second half. 

1 hour ago, PS17 said:

Chase put up almost 2000 yards and 20 TDs as a sophomore. Wilson's best season as a junior was nice, but doesn't really compare to what Chase did in a better conference as a sophomore.  Chase projected as a can't miss #1 WR. I would be absolutely shocked if Wilson came into the league and made the same sort of immediate impact. 

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, PS17 said:

He’s bigger, faster and a better deep threat. They’re both great at contested catches but I’d give the edge to Chase because of his size and we’ve seen him do it in the SEC and the NFL. Chase was also the alpha on teams with Justin Jefferson and Tee Higgins. And he has a better QB. 

I’m very excited for Wilson and I hope he has 1000 yards this year but I’d be surprised if he is that productive as a rookie. 

Chase is one inch taller, not really a reason.  They also ran the same 40 time pre draft, again not a reason why he’s better.  I agree with the rest, Chase is what you pray a WR does for a team but a lot of his NFL success is through intangibles and a productive QB that he has a great report with