Who will have the better Passing Production season, Trubisky or Zach Wilson?

Who will have the more productive season as a passer?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who will have the more productive season as a passer?

12 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

I can find you posts on all of them that led to those views (and you would say it’s nothing) but who cares?  Basically good discussions lately.  But you asked lol.  

Im watching a good YouTube discussion between a Rob Guerra a 9ers guy and Sylvia Roberts.  The 9ers guy says he heard Kyle Shanahan would have picked Zach Wilson #1 and they loved him.  You think lots of things are “truths” that are opinions.  Lots of smart football people think Wilson can be special but you reject it as an attack on truth.  

Not at all. I never said, for example, that our QB will definitely fail (that would be an opinion disguised as fact), but I did say that based upon the number of QBs who have become FQBs after a start like his, that his odds of becoming a FQB are not good, which is a fact.

I can’t see the future, but I can give a pretty good approximation of the likelihood of various outcomes.

And since you like to tell me what I think, let me tell you what you think — that predicting and wanting something are the same thing.

Now, hopefully to settle this once and for all time (sad it even needs to be said, my Jets fan bona fides are above reproach):

I WANT OUR QB TO WIN TEN RINGS. I WANT HIM TO BECOME A HOF PLAYER. I WANT TO BE MOCKED MERCILESSLY ON HERE WHEN HE BECOMES GREAT. I WANT TO BUY EVERYONE A MEA CULPA ROUND AT A FUTURE JN OUTING WHEN HE WINS HIS 5TH MVP AWARD.

I also want to win the lottery but I still go to work in the mornings.

PREDICT ≠ WANT/DESIRE/DERIVE GLEE FROM

• Post of the Week 2

31 minutes ago, jgb said:

Not at all. I never said, for example, that our QB will definitely fail (that would be an opinion disguised as fact), but I did say that based upon the number of QBs who have become FQBs after a start like his, that his odds of becoming a FQB are not good, which is a fact.

I can’t see the future, but I can give a pretty good approximation of the likelihood of various outcomes.

And since you like to tell me what I think, let me tell you what you think — that predicting and wanting something are the same thing.

Now, hopefully to settle this once and for all time (sad it even needs to be said, my Jets fan bona fides are above reproach):

I WANT OUR QB TO WIN TEN RINGS. I WANT HIM TO BECOME A HOF PLAYER. I WANT TO BE MOCKED MERCILESSLY ON HERE WHEN HE BECOMES GREAT. I WANT TO BUY EVERYONE A MEA CULPA ROUND AT A FUTURE JN OUTING WHEN HE WINS HIS 5TH MVP AWARD.

When we did a 25 dollar charity bet you said Zach would never finish in the top 16 of QBR.   That was back when you wouldn’t allow Zach was elusive.  

1 minute ago, Hal N of Provo said:

When we did a 25 dollar charity bet you said Zach would never finish in the top 16 of QBR.   That was back when you wouldn’t allow Zach was elusive.  

Yes I did make that bet and I feel even better about the odds I will “win” than at the time I made it. Although I do forget the specifics (was in during his rookie contract?).

Again, predicting ≠ wanting.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jgb said:

• Upvote 1

I'll bite, I think Wilson goes for more yards and more TD's, Trubisky with a higher CP% and also likely higher on efficiency numbers. The Jets will definitely lean into the RB's more than last season so we'll see, but this offense sure looks like they plan on continuing to let Wilson air it out.

• Upvote 1

Pitt doing the right thing ...

Ease Pickens in around week 10. Let him sit and learn the game for the first half the season ... then trade Trubisky when some fools gold team makes the playoffs and their QB gets put on IR.

Zach is an easy win here ... if not the "Tank for whoever!" crowd will foaming at the mouth ...

... what am I saying ??? They already are.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Pitt doing the right thing ...

Ease Pickens in around week 10. Let him sit and learn the game for the first half the season ... then trade Trubisky when some fools gold team makes the playoffs and their QB gets put on IR.

Zach is an easy win here ... if not the "Tank for whoever!" crowd will foaming at the mouth ...

... what am I saying ??? They already are. emoji1787.png

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

It does seem to be the plan to bring Pickett along in this way. It’s a sensible approach that requires a vet on the roster that is startable with a straight face… something the Jets for whatever reason seem reluctant to do.

That said, plans can change if Pickett explodes in TC and simply can’t be denied or if Trubisky enjoys a resurgence so that he can’t be benched. Pitt never seems to “give up” on a season and will want to win games — that will likely inform their choices. Plans should always be flexible and not become a suicide pact.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

There is a weird group of Trubisky truthers that have come out of the woodworks this offseason.  He stunk in Chicago, he stunk in his brief appearance w/ buffalo and he will stink in pitt.

He is just like darnold.  His brain doesnt process information on the football field fast enough.

13 hours ago, jgb said:

but I did say that based upon the number of QBs who have become FQBs after a start like his, that his odds of becoming a FQB are not good, which is a fact.

Context context context.  Please spare us all your cherry-picking.

How many of those QB started for a team with:

a new HC.....a new OC......a QB coach who died during the off season....an entire roster which had to adjust to and learn a whole new system....a scary lack of talent on said roster

Will Zack be good, I donno, but he's still got a better than average shot IMHO.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

There is a weird group of Trubisky truthers that have come out of the woodworks this offseason.  He stunk in Chicago, he stunk in his brief appearance w/ buffalo and he will stink in pitt.

He is just like darnold.  His brain doesnt process information on the football field fast enough.

Seems like an easy answer for the poll then, eh? :)

17 hours ago, Warfish said:

You mean the guy many people here called a sucky bust now on his third team with a universally worse supporting cast?

Vs. Our guy, a guy our Fans believed would be a elite stud with this killer young roster of talent?  

Other than maybe Harris, there isn't a single Steelers skill position player I'd take over our guy.

And the 28 year old might not even start the whole season.

Sad to see such lack of belief in Zach.

It's a survey of the confidence the Fans have in Zach.

Clearly you're a vote in the "no confidence" column, based on your first comments.

But I'm actually quite pleased to see most voters so far expressing confidence in Zach.

Actually seems like another thread from one of the usual suspects looking to open a debate on will ZW suck or not. 

The group that is rooting for him.

7 hours ago, jgb said:

If that was intended to be an insult it says a lot more about you than you probably want it to.

^^^studies psychology at the local community College between working on his YouTube channel centered around expert qb analysis and how to properly sh*t in any punchbowl

Was missing until the semester ended

18 hours ago, Warfish said:

You mean the guy many people here called a sucky bust now on his third team with a universally worse supporting cast?

Vs. Our guy, a guy our Fans believed would be a elite stud with this killer young roster of talent?  

Other than maybe Harris, there isn't a single Steelers skill position player I'd take over our guy.

And the 28 year old might not even start the whole season.

Sad to see such lack of belief in Zach.

It's a survey of the confidence the Fans have in Zach.

Clearly you're a vote in the "no confidence" column, based on your first comments.

But I'm actually quite pleased to see most voters so far expressing confidence in Zach.

I’m actually quite displeased to see no Suoerbowl MVP Joe Flacco choice. But that’s probably just me. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If Darnold had put up Trubisky #’s here, we’d have been clamoring for a lengthy extension.  

He’s only maligned because of who else went in that QB class and how much Chicago gave up to move up 1 spot and take him.  In a vacuum, he was quite good.  

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

Context context context.  Please spare us all your cherry-picking.

How many of those QB started for a team with:

a new HC.....a new OC......a QB coach who died during the off season....an entire roster which had to adjust to and learn a whole new system....a scary lack of talent on said roster

Will Zack be good, I donno, but he's still got a better than average shot IMHO.  

Well the universe is like 100 guys (hat tip @Jetsfan80) so their situations run the gamut and the power of the sample size accounts for multiple variables by definition (which is the entire point of a large sample size). And — incidentally — the polar opposite of cherry picking. Far more on the pro side are guilty of this (ex. “Josh Allen proved it can be done!”)

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

^^^studies psychology at the local community College between working on his YouTube channel centered around expert qb analysis and how to properly sh*t in any punchbowl

Was missing until the semester ended

No I just don’t think insinuating that people are women is (a) insulting or (b) reflects well on you.

Academic Qualifications: I am a human being in the year 2022.

• Post of the Week 2

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Sir, as the alpha Truski, I can assure you I have never hidden in any woodwork.

43 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If Darnold had put up Trubisky #’s here, we’d have been clamoring for a lengthy extension.  

He’s only maligned because of who else went in that QB class and how much Chicago gave up to move up 1 spot and take him.  In a vacuum, he was quite good.  

There is no justice in a world where Trubisky and Minshew have to prove themselves all over again and Darnold gets handed 19M clams. Ah well there is no crying in football.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

There is no justice in a world where Trubisky and Minshew have to prove themselves all over again and Darnold gets handed 19M clams. Ah well there is no crying in football.

Where you start determines much of where you finish in working life.

For me, you and NFL football players all.

Those of us who start at the bottom always have to prove ourselves, and rarely make what those deemed "stars" make, even when 100 times better than them.

Monetarily only, I'd rather be a bust #1 pick than a great HOF 7th rounder.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

I remember when Sam Darnold was going to much better than Trubisky.  Good times.  

Yeah, alot of folks here who backed Sanchez, Geno and Darnold have been wrong all along, but hey, at least they never admit it now,. lol.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Those of us who start at the bottom always have to prove ourselves, and rarely make what those deemed "stars" make, even when 100 times better than them.

Explains Minshew for sure but not Trubisky who was actually drafted earlier than Nice Kid Sammy and had an even bigger goon as HC to deal with. 

I guess it only takes one fool, Sammy found one but Trubisky just wasn’t so lucky.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

But Trubisky was a higher draft choice than Darnold.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Explains Minshew for sure but not Trubisky who was actually drafted earlier than Nice Kid Sammy and had an even bigger goon as HC to deal with. 

I guess it only takes one fool, Sammy found one but Trubisky just wasn’t so lucky.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

But Trubisky was a higher draft choice than Darnold.  

Ninja Spy GIF by Walk Off The Earth

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1