Baker traded to Carolina

4 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I would pay a grand to sit with the president of temple university while he watches this.

LOL! I literally almost said the same thing as I watched it for the first time..." What the people at Temple must think "

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

Darnold, Rosen and Mayfield all went to traditional dumpster fires. Jackson and Allen went to good organizations and stable coaching, although the Bills were new and not yet proven. Now they seem to be. Maybe we can be the next Buffalo in terms of a recently emerging power. KC is a good example preceding them.

There's a lot to be said for stability, continuity and chemistry. For those saying we should have brought in Mayfield to "compete" and light a fire under Wilson, why? The drama isn't going to improve anyone's focus. It's not going to improve locker room chemistry. If you ignore the human element, and how people build teams and comradery, you will get a bunch of players on a roster with no common agenda. Fit IS important - not  just from an X and Y perspective, but from a group psychological standpoint. It's not fantasy football or a Wall St. brokerage house - it's a team sport in real life.  

If Allen sucked and bombed horribly I wonder if people would consider the Bills a model franchise today.

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Reading Seattle message boards “We should trade for Darnold. He really hasn't gotten a fair shake”.

Edit: Seattle fans sound like panther fans who sounded like Jets fans. Sam’s appeal is amazing.

My new prediction is that he will be a 10+ year veteran going from team to team as coaches try and unlock the potential.

Laughing Man Lol GIF

Darnold’s already made too much money to bother kicking around the league as a backup/project unless someone wants to pay him a premium. And no one wants to pay him a premium. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, jgb said:

If Allen sucked and bombed horribly I wonder if people would consider the Bills a model franchise today.

Quite true. Too much is linked to the QB. Yet, the QB is vital. But having a competent team, front office and coaching staff around the QB often determines success or mediocrity. A great QB might be able to have some success, but a middle of the road guy probably ends up broadcasting college games. I think the Bills have done a pretty good job with the rest of their roster. 

8 minutes ago, slats said:

Darnold’s already made too much money to bother kicking around the league as a backup/project unless someone wants to pay him a premium. And no one wants to pay him a premium. 

I don't know. That Chase Daniel career path is something else. 5 starts, $41 million dollars. Crazy. 

1 hour ago, CSNY said:

Disagree. How much more money are the Browns going to throw away at the QB position. The Browns just got to suck it up this year pray that the defense plays exceptionally well and then hope Watson doesn’t get an indefinite suspension. 

If Garoppolo wins the Browns a SB ala Stafford I'm Sure No Browns fan will be complaining. 

27 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

Darnold, Rosen and Mayfield all went to traditional dumpster fires. Jackson and Allen went to good organizations and stable coaching, although the Bills were new and not yet proven.

Yes, the same Bills organization that once hired Rex Ryan as their HC following 3 consecutive losing seasons in NY leading to his ousting.  A total paragon of continuity and success prior to Allen's arrival.

• Haha 1

I'll be 100% honest here.
For a Conditional 5th, I'd have traded to bring Baker Mayfield here, and immediately cut Old Man Flacco and Mr. White, saving a roster spot for something more useful.
Zach succeeds, Baker is amazing backup for however many games Zach misses (and he will miss games IMO).
Zach fails, Baker is the solid-enough-Veteran-who-still-cares who can step in and play and win, and bridge us to the next Draft Pick QB.
Win/Win for pennies on the dollar.  

On paper this makes sense, but to me this is not worth the distraction or the media firestorm. By doing this trade it’s sends a message that you don’t believe in Zach and you need some sort of backup plan. This also gives a reason for Zach haters to want to put Baker in every time Zach throws an incompletion. Tebow 2.0. I see the point, but not worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, CSNY said:

When you look at it on paper it’s even worse than anything Idzik McCagnan Gettleman Matt Millen ever did WOW JUST WOW  How does this guy still have a job 

You think?  Add up the value total of all those picks and you are still well under 1,000.  That is even using the value of the highest pick for the 3rd and 5th that remain to be paid and not giving the traditional round discount for future picks which several of those - including the Jets 2nd and 4th and the Browns 5th were/are.  To put that in perspective the #3 the Jets spent on Darnold was worth 2,200 and the #1 overall the Browns spent on Mayfield worth 3,000.  Plus, the Browns paid Baker how much?  I think they threw in $10.5M as a bonus to get the deal done.  Meanwhile, the Jets paid Darnold about $5M in dead money.  I get laughing at the Panthers, but it doesn't make me feel any better as a Jets fan.

1 hour ago, Jet9 said:

I don't know. That Chase Daniel career path is something else. 5 starts, $41 million dollars. Crazy. 

Lol, I’ve seen that meme. 

By the end of this year, Darnold will’ve been paid $49M. No reason to hang around for $1M/year with that sort of bank account. He can just boogie board into the sunset at that point. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1