Baker traded to Carolina

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Thanks, but I was referring to current Bills GM Brandon Beane (UNCW '98).  Kind of ironic that he got his undergraduate degree at a school that doesn't have a football program but still ended up an NFL GM!

I know. And I would make it 2 alums in the division. If you're available, that is!

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Dreams said:

Exactly how much time does the 2nd overall get? Three, four year? If they don't bite as puppies, they don't bite as dogs. 

Don't be confused. That statement was not an endorsement of the practice. I'm just saying the idea that coaches/GMs don't get rid of QBs "because they believe in them" is a flawed concept. 

Not reading through 195 posts to see if this has already been discussed, but Matt Rhule, amirite?!?

Guy is desperate to keep his job at the expense of the rest of the team. He was always deficient at the x's and o's and relied heavily on personality and attitude, and it shows. He's been awful at just about everything from a gameplanning and coaching standpoint, and although he's been playing QB carousel for the past three years, he keeps doing it with the wrong QBs. Thankfully we got to avoid that disaster here. 

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

lock for the playoffs???

baker's record as a QB is 6-7, 6-10, 11-5, 6-8

he led his team to the playoffs 1 out of 4 years, yet now he's suddenly a lock to make the playoffs on a team that just went 4-13??? ?

In the last 4 years Baker's average stats per season -CMP% 77.02  TDs 23  INts 14 Yards 3,531

With how great everyone tells me this roster is, you don't think the Jets make the playoffs with those numbers at QB? I'll tell you this, if Zac comes out of this seasons with numbers anywhere close to those, fans will be blowing each other that "They've got their guy!!!"

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Not reading through 195 posts to see if this has already been discussed, but Matt Rhule, amirite?!?

Guy is desperate to keep his job, has been awful at just about everything from a gameplanning and coaching standpoint, and although he's been playing QB carousel for the past three years, he keeps doing it with the wrong QBs. Thankfully we got to avoid that disaster here. 

Agree with the sentiment but we're not exactly riding high ourselves, at the moment.

1 minute ago, Dreams said:

In the last 4 years Bake's average stats per season -CMP% 77.02  TDs 23  INts 14 Yards 3,531

With how great everyone tells me this roster is, you don't think the Jets make the playoffs with those numbers at QB? I'll tell you this, if Zac comes out of this seasons with numbers anywhere close to those, fans will be blowing each other that "They've got their guy!!!"

If our QB had Daniel Jones numbers, they'd be doing the same.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Agree with the sentiment but we're not exactly riding high ourselves, at the moment.

Aside from the two AFCCG runs in '09 & '10, we haven't ridden high for any moment of the Jets Fan part of my life. I can't wait for that moment to sh*t on other teams. I need this. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Dreams said:

And yet at the same time they are pretending Mac Jones sucks and will never be more than he was in his 1st season. LOL

Seriously, I feel like Frankenstein's Monster right now after introduced to the Bride of Frankenstein.

Where have you been all my life?

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

99% who aren’t the handful of QBs who step right into the NFL and leave you knowing they’re FQBs

There's a huge group between QBs who step in right away and are elite and guys who step in -- and on -- their wangs their rookie season and are the lowest-rated QB in the league.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I’m not a Baker fan but I do think he got screwed. Tried to gut it out and play hurt last season and was rewarded by getting replaced by the serial harasser.

Most substandard QB's get treated horribly by their franchises the moment those franchises realize they aren't guy.

We're not used to that with the Jets.  Here, QB's get undeserved 2nd, 3rd and 4th chances.

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

There's a huge group between QBs who step in right away and are elite and guys who step in -- and on -- their wangs their rookie season and are the lowest-rated QB in the league.

And there are plenty of different scenarios that effect rankings.  Being in the bottom group and being 26th isn’t such a difference that is worth much

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Aside from the two AFCCG runs in '09 & '10, we haven't ridden high for any moment of the Jets Fan part of my life. I can't wait for that moment to sh*t on other teams. I need this. 

Want to get super depressed?

1998 was a 1/4 of a Century ago....

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Most substandard QB's get treated horribly by their franchises the moment those franchises realize they aren't guy.

We're not used to that with the Jets.  Here, QB's get undeserved 2nd, 3rd and 4th chances.

Not seeing the difference between how Baker was handled or Darnold.  Or Geno.  Sanchez yes, others not really

1 hour ago, jgb said:

If I were one who believed in Mike White, sure.

I don't.

Trub and Minshew have resembled NFL quarterbacks over material time spans.

Neither one is likely to make the NFL Hall of Fame.   Mike White already has.

Seriously, both have been around awhile and done little to suggest they are going to be franchise QBs.  Anything less than that doesn’t move the needle much from our current crew.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Not seeing the difference between how Baker was handled or Darnold.  Or Geno.  Sanchez yes, others not really

What $193M serial woman harasser did we replace any of those QB's with again?  Oh, and in the process of bringing him in, say we "Need an adult" in the QB room?

And Mayfield was better than any of those 3 QB's, and it wasn't even particularly close.

2 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

Neither one is likely to make the NFL Hall of Fame.   Mike White already has.

Seriously, both have been around awhile and done little to suggest they are going to be franchise QBs.  Anything less than that doesn’t move the needle much from our current crew.  

First of all, we're talking about a backup here.

Second, have done little to suggest they are going to be franchise QBs? They have done well enough to be worth the risk/reward while being a competent backup at the same time. You're getting the upside for free whereas with Flacco you're only getting the (arguably) competent backup part.

3 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

Nice move for the Panthers. Baker had to agree to a 3.5 million dollar pay cut and the Panthers only paid a conditional 5th and less than 5 million salary. Guess Seattle didn't want any part of Baker even at a bargain basement cost.

Baker stinks, he had one good season with an absolutely stacked team that produced one playoff win.

Only time will tell but Darnold should have no problem beating out Baker. The sad thing is that both of these guys will be on some teams roster - as a backup - for the next 5 years due to the lack of guys who can play QB in the NFL.

?????

Let me guess… you’re one of those “Zach will be a top 10 QB guys” amirite?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Dreams said:

In the last 4 years Baker's average stats per season -CMP% 77.02  TDs 23  INts 14 Yards 3,531

77% completion percentage?  where you getting those numbers from?  his career average is 61.6%.

those stats are pretty mediocre stats.  mid-tier starting QB stats - probably top 15-20 if you had to rank yardage and TDs.  sure, it's a step-up from what zach did last year, or what any jet QB has done in recent history.  being better than dogshyte doesn't make one a lock for the playoffs.  if zach put up those numbers, it be a step in the right direction.  

i'm not sure what you mean by with everyone telling you how great this roster is.  yes, fans are fans, who like to think their team is on the right track.  proof will be in the pudding.  i think the roster is much improved over last year (low bar, admittedly), but there is still a ways to go to make this team a legit contender.  and of course, seeing what improvement, if any, zach displays, is the biggest factor in whether this team is being built into a contender.

52 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

77% completion percentage?  where you getting those numbers from?  his career average is 61.6%.

those stats are pretty mediocre stats.  mid-tier starting QB stats - probably top 15-20 if you had to rank yardage and TDs.  sure, it's a step-up from what zach did last year, or what any jet QB has done in recent history.  being better than dogshyte doesn't make one a lock for the playoffs.  if zach put up those numbers, it be a step in the right direction.  

i'm not sure what you mean by with everyone telling you how great this roster is.  yes, fans are fans, who like to think their team is on the right track.  proof will be in the pudding.  i think the roster is much improved over last year (low bar, admittedly), but there is still a ways to go to make this team a legit contender.  and of course, seeing what improvement, if any, zach displays, is the biggest factor in whether this team is being built into a contender.

Yes Baker is a very midrange QB on a team that many feel is absolutely loaded with offensive talent. Plus he seems to be far from ideal from a locker room guy.  Serial sexual predators are much better for that role it seems as well.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Then when they have some glimmer of something years later coming off the bench the old supporters come out like earthworms after rain to take a premature victory lap.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

And there are plenty of different scenarios that effect rankings.  Being in the bottom group and being 26th isn’t such a difference that is worth much

Exactly. #2 could improve quite a bit and still be in the group with nearly no chance to become a FQB. I agree.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

?????

Let me guess… you’re one of those “Zach will be a top 10 QB guys” amirite?

Couldn't be further from the truth. As jbg has said I predict and not want Zach to be a bust, when viewed as the #2OA pick that JD and company proclaimed as a surefire FQB.

Six games into the season we'll have all the answers we need to know regarding JD's and his top picks.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

Couldn't be further from the truth. As jbg has said I predict and not want Zach to be a bust, when viewed as the #2OA pick that JD and company proclaimed as a surefire FQB.

Six games into the season we'll have all the answers we need to know regarding JD's and his top picks.

In one scenario we will. If The QB explodes into the season and crushes the first 6 weeks, all "da haterz" such as myself will say okay, the dude is looking legit. If he bombs the first 6 weeks, does anyone really believe his supporters will reverse course?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Dreams said:

Bakers best cmp% was his rookie year at 63.8

You have to give Robert Kraft credit.   He did well in business prior to purchasing the NEP, but not necessarily spectacularly.  He made a fortune on the NEP.  It is an exceptionally well-run business.  The NEP would not pay real money for a temporary solution at QB.

David Tepper is a brilliant investor.  Football owner he is still learning.  Maybe he proves us all wrong, but he is spending lots of money trying to find a coach and QB.  Baker could help the Panthers win some games this year.  Playoffs?  I don’t know.  I guess he can franchise him after this season if he works out well.   They obviously overpaid for Darnold.

Jimmy Haslam made a fortune on truck stops.  Then he guaranteed a sex offender 5 years at a record breaking contract.  He does not even save money if Watson is suspended this year, because his salary for 2022 is negligible.  

Jet fans seem happy with the slow and patient competence that JD is displaying, even if the record and look on the field has not been great.  But in the end the Browns and Panthers took money off of the Jets’ hands, gave us draft picks and traded away a QB who would have beat us.   The Browns and Panthers Flags should be unfurled at MetLife Stadium for Jet games. 

• Sympathy 1

55 minutes ago, jgb said:

In one scenario we will. If The QB explodes into the season and crushes the first 6 weeks, all "da haterz" such as myself will say okay, the dude is looking legit. If he bombs the first 6 weeks, does anyone really believe his supporters will reverse course?

I think Wilsons growth and play thru out the season will be evaluated as it plays out, and again at seasons end.  I wont annoint him or bust him until I see a complete second season.

• Upvote 1

Just wanna say Matt Rhule is a loser and although I thought we missed out I am super happy we didn’t hire him. Imagine being stuck with him right now. Jesus ******* Christ. They should have all been fired last year. How the hell do the GM and HC still have jobs? And you guys say Woody is bad

• Haha 1