2022 Trade Candidates: current roster

24 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Considering Corey Davis and Mims are the only really large physical receivers I’d imagine if he does that could also be a reason to not trade him. I’m honestly not sure how many more seasons Davis has on his contract. 

I think Davis can be cut in 2023 with a minimal dead cap hit.  So, I'm assuming JD and Saleh are going to give Mims every shot to stick around and potentially replace Davis next season.  If he still sucks, we'll be drafting another early round WR next year...

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Baker ******* Mayfield was moved for a 5th rounder so I'm sure we'll get a haul for White.

Baker Mayfield also makes 800% of Mike White's salary.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

I think Davis can be cut in 2023 with a minimal dead cap hit.  So, I'm assuming JD and Saleh are going to give Mims every shot to stick around and potentially replace Davis next season.  If he still sucks, we'll be drafting another early round WR next year...

Why are we already looking forward to cutting Davis, our #1 WR from last year?

Oh, right, cap rollover dollars!

scrooge mcduck 80s GIF

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Why are we already looking forward to cutting Davis, our #1 WR from last year?

Oh, right, cap rollover dollars!

scrooge mcduck 80s GIF

I get that Jets fans often seem more worried about the cap than the talent on the field, but the simple fact is that the Davis contract was drafted with the intent of being able to move on from him after replacing him with drafted talent.  That was the idea of many of these signings, like Jarrad Davis, Tevin Coleman, etc. I don't see looking to move on from Davis being a money over talent thing, so much as hope that the plan is working.  You don't want to have to carry these stopgaps (Forte, Claiborne, Colon, Joyner) too long.  You also don't want to replace one stopgap (Clady) with another (Beechum).  Those are indications that "the process" is not going well.

• Upvote 4

On 7/6/2022 at 3:53 PM, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Most Jet fans would agree JD has done a very good job trading ‘assets’ he doesn’t see as fit or who are more valuable to other teams.  

The Jets now have some quality depth in a few key areas, and the numbers game may present some interesting trade opportunities.  Given his history, I’d expect JD to continue to be aggressive & add future draft picks or flip to fill areas of need.

These are mine, how about yours?

1. Denzel Mims:  drafted for a different offensive system, has an intriguing athletic profile

2. Mike White:  worth a mid round flyer to a QB needy team.  Expect him to be showcased during the preseason to prove he can consistently move an offense with better talent

3. Edge surplus:  could a guy like Bryce Huff be moved if Clemons shows promise during the preseason?

4. CB  surplus:  Bryce Hall or Brandon Echols?  Wouldn’t be shocking..  would it?

Thoughts?

My thoughts are echoed by what Joe Douglas always says, in that the Jets are open for business.  Joe will listen to all offers.  I would say that the only Jet not tradable right now is Zach Wilson.  

If the Jets could trade Bryce Hall for a quality linebacker, I would do it.  Bryce Huff is another interesting player.  I don't think anyone would offer anything better than a 6th round pick for Denzel Mims, or Echols for that matter.

On 7/7/2022 at 10:58 AM, The Crusher said:

Yeah, entirely possible, honestly not that knowledgeable of it. But I would imagine Bosa has a modestly different athletic profile than Q. 

And as SF’s EDGE, plays a different position

• Upvote 1

It has taken over 10 years to amass any depth. Just because we have a little bit now, doesn’t mean we have enough to trade it away or to assume it’s valuable to the rest of the league.

Were still consider a candidate to draft in the top 5 next year. Until that changes, why shed talent?

• Upvote 1

On 7/6/2022 at 3:53 PM, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Most Jet fans would agree JD has done a very good job trading ‘assets’ he doesn’t see as fit or who are more valuable to other teams.  

The Jets now have some quality depth in a few key areas, and the numbers game may present some interesting trade opportunities.  Given his history, I’d expect JD to continue to be aggressive & add future draft picks or flip to fill areas of need.

These are mine, how about yours?

1. Denzel Mims:  drafted for a different offensive system, has an intriguing athletic profile

2. Mike White:  worth a mid round flyer to a QB needy team.  Expect him to be showcased during the preseason to prove he can consistently move an offense with better talent

3. Edge surplus:  could a guy like Bryce Huff be moved if Clemons shows promise during the preseason?

4. CB  surplus:  Bryce Hall or Brandon Echols?  Wouldn’t be shocking..  would it?

Thoughts?

Both these guys showed pretty well last year. Can't see them moving either one of them.

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

It has taken over 10 years to amass any depth. Just because we have a little bit now, doesn’t mean we have enough to trade it away or to assume it’s valuable to the rest of the league.

Were still consider a candidate to draft in the top 5 next year. Until that changes, why shed talent?

Yep, fair thoughts.  I definitely feel that way about Mike White and probably the corners.

However, I truly believe Mims is a better fit elsewhere and will find it hard to break into the top 4 WR rotation with the Jets.  Obviously could be wrong … hope I’m wrong.

The Edge situation might come down to a numbers game.  Lawson was the big signing last year (still high hopes even if cautious because of the injury) , JJ is a first round pick, Martin has $6M guaranteed, and the Jets invested a 4th in Clemons.  Do they keep 5?  Where does JFM play on running downs?

26 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Yep, fair thoughts.  I definitely feel that way about Mike White and probably the corners.

However, I truly believe Mims is a better fit elsewhere and will find it hard to break into the top 4 WR rotation with the Jets.  Obviously could be wrong … hope I’m wrong.

The Edge situation might come down to a numbers game.  Lawson was the big signing last year (still high hopes even if cautious because of the injury) , JJ is a first round pick, Martin has $6M guaranteed, and the Jets invested a 4th in Clemons.  Do they keep 5?  Where does JFM play on running downs?

How can a speed demon field stretcher not be a fit here paired with the current starting Jets QB who everyone says has a laser rocket arm?

Mims just sucks. I — and many others — were wrong. If you can’t get playing time on the 2021 Jets, you can’t get it anywhere.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

How can a speed demon field stretcher not be a fit here paired with the current starting Jets QB who everyone says has a laser rocket arm?

Mims just sucks. I — and many others — were wrong. If you can’t get playing time on the 2021 Jets, you can’t get it anywhere.

Some may point to a few good games his rookie year when he stretched the field or argue he didnt have the same chance last year.

Look at the list of players the Jets have traded since JD.  Herndon, Cashman, Hill?  Anything is possible lol

2 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Some may point to a few good games his rookie year when he stretched the field or argue he didnt have the same chance last year.

Look at the list of players the Jets have traded since JD.  Herndon, Cashman, Hill?  Anything is possible lol

“Anything is possible” is both a truism and lacks any predictive value.

Mims didn’t get playing time not because he didn’t learn every WR position — it’s because the Jets didn’t trust him at one WR position. Basically, he stinks.

13 minutes ago, jgb said:

“Anything is possible” is both a truism and lacks any predictive value.

Mims didn’t get playing time because he didn’t learn every WR position — it’s because the Jets didn’t trust him at one WR position. Basically, he stinks.

I won’t be defending Mims.  I too think he stinks.

BUT the Jets were able to trade away other players I believe stink like Chris Herndon, Jordan Willis, Blake Cashman, Dan Brown and Sam Darnold.

Why?  Typically comes down to risk vs return in the eyes of a potential trade partner with a need.  Sometimes just a bad assessment.. 

- What if Darnold has better supporting talent?

- maybe Herndon returns to his rookie year form?

- maybe Mims can do better in our offense with our QB?

- For a 6th rounder who might not make our team, Cashman is not that risky of a play..

3 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

I won’t be defending Mims.  I too think he stinks.

BUT the Jets were able to trade away other players I believe stink like Chris Herndon, Jordan Willis, Blake Cashman, Dan Brown and Sam Darnold.

Why?  Typically comes down to risk vs return in the eyes of a potential trade partner with a need.  Sometimes just a bad assessment.. 

- What if Darnold has better supporting talent?

- maybe Herndon returns to his rookie year form?

- maybe Mims can do better in our offense with our QB?

- For a 6th rounder who might not make our team, Cashman is not that risky of a play..

Oh I agree there beauty in the eye of the beholder let’s hope JD can find another GM with astigmatism.

• Haha 1

On 7/7/2022 at 10:31 AM, jgb said:

Baker Mayfield also makes 800% of Mike White's salary.

Not really true. Panthers are paying less than double White’s salary for Mayfield. White was available to the entire league for a fifth round pick and an offer sheet, and 31 teams said no thanks. He has no trade value right now. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, slats said:

Not really true. Panthers are paying less than double White’s salary for Mayfield. White was available to the entire league for a fifth round pick and an offer sheet, and 31 teams said no thanks. He has no trade value right now. 

Not a MW truther just saying the reason mayfield went for a 5th is due to his salary,  for which a split also needed to be negotiated. It’s not apples-to-apples ie. “Baker went for a 5th so no way MW does.” There is nothing to be learned about one situation from the other.

10 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

This post won't age well when Douglas manages to move Denzel Mims for three 1st round picks.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This post won't age well when Douglas manages to move Denzel Mims for three 1st round picks.

This what happens when you get condition on fake news .   You believe any nonsense you know has no chance of happening.     Or  you’re smoking some good stuff - pass it down.

46 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

This what happens when you get condition on fake news .   You believe any nonsense you know has no chance of happening.     Or  you’re smoking some good stuff - pass it down.

You Dont Get It Over Your Head GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

If we’re good enough to swap back-end roster long shots, then whatever… probably a good problem to have. 

We’re still predicted to suck.

10 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Do you lack any sense of humor whatsoever?  What is wrong with you?

Wait.  Don't answer that 2nd question.  

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Conor Mckenna Fah GIF by FoilArmsandHog