James Caan Dies, Age 82

Enjoy the ride.  The Godfather is Puzo's masterpiece.   Back in the 70s, it's all everyone talked about.  Especially with my ethnic Italian background and neighborhood, I couldn't put the book down.  Read it in like two sittings.

i’ve read the GF (a few times) and all the “authorized” sequels immediately after getting a kindle some years ago. the stories took some weird turns.
  • Upvote 1

Caan’s performance in Thief was just iconic. What a great flick. And a mesmerizing soundtrack by none other than Tangerine Dream. Love the scene where he confronts Tuesday Weld with the romance proposition. It was just so genuine and straightforward. One of my favorite actors of all time. Thank you James Caan. You will be missed ?

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Enjoy the ride.  The Godfather is Puzo's masterpiece.   Back in the 70s, it's all everyone talked about.  Especially with my ethnic Italian background and neighborhood, I couldn't put the book down.  Read it in like two sittings.

It took me a couple of sittings.  All right maybe more than a couple.  I was 13, I think (b/c the movie came out when I was 14) .  I kept getting hung up early in the first chapter, Connie's and Carlo's wedding...  right about when Sonny and his g/f take a private tour of the upstairs,  I had never read anything so explicit.  Some parts of Catch 22 came close.  I couldn't wait for The Godfather movie for that scene alone, but there was only a slight and meaningless reference to it.  LOL. 

• Sympathy 1