Being a Grandparent is awesome

43 minutes ago, Lith said:

Happy birthday to the little man.  My guy turns two in October, with a little sister expected to arrive in November.  Jets may suck, but life is good.  

Every good Iowa farmboy needs a tractor.

image.png

Hell yeah, that’s awesome, he look ready for it too!

• Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I just realized that I have zero recent photos of me with my grandson!!!  So he and my daughter at the pool this week will have to suffice.  He'll be 3 in mid October and his little brother, grandson #2 is on the way due this November.  I need some updated photos!

pool.jpg

Awesome, adorable little fella. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

I just realized that I have zero recent photos of me with my grandson!!!  So he and my daughter at the pool this week will have to suffice.  He'll be 3 in mid October and his little brother, grandson #2 is on the way due this November.  I need some updated photos!

pool.jpg

What a face.   Very cute kid.  And your daughter looks a bit like Jamie-Lynn Sigler.  

• Upvote 2

On 7/7/2022 at 4:29 PM, The Crusher said:

After raising five of my own I got my first grandson. Poppy and his boy enjoying the beach for the first time. Turned 1 Saturday. 

F591C347-70A2-45E3-8AF6-D7C57E2CF7A4.jpeg

Is it true he has a bigger penis than you?

Kidding aside.. Agreed. I have 2. LOVE IT! Greatest job in the world.

On 7/7/2022 at 1:29 PM, The Crusher said:

After raising five of my own I got my first grandson. Poppy and his boy enjoying the beach for the first time. Turned 1 Saturday. 

He's 1? That's a big boy! My friends sister has a 1 year old and she's a tiny little thing lol.

Glad you had a nice day at the beach.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Grandson #2 should be here today.  They just left for hospital 45 minutes ago.  We'll be watching grandson #1 and the dogs.  I'm bouncing off walls here right now.

Congrats David. 

Grandchild #2 arrived last Sunday for me.  Very considerate of her to show up during the bye week.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/7/2022 at 4:29 PM, The Crusher said:

That's awesome!! Beautiful!

Enjoy every moment and be in every picture and video as possible. Start a YouTube channel for private video stuff. Not kidding.  

I know what I'm talking about. 

❤️ 

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

That's awesome!! Beautiful!

Enjoy every moment and be in every picture and video as possible. Start a YouTube channel for private video stuff. Not kidding.  

I know what I'm talking about. 

❤️ 

I hear you brother. The kids are using this cool app that makes all that stuff available almost instantly. Get to make little comments on the pictures too! You can also like straight up order any picture and  they can make something with it. Got my Aunts a cool coffee cup that says Greatness Recognized considering they are his great Aunts! Haha 

• Post of the Week 1

• 2 weeks later...

I can't help but think about my grandfather fighting in those trenches in WW1 and living.  My dad jumping behind the nazi lines in St Mere Eglise, France on D-Day and having a bullet hole on his back that I used to stick my pinky in. Then the story he told me at The Bulge hiding under the snow with pine branches over him and 3 feet of snow and eating pine needles for 3 days and a German soldier stepping on his chest and walking right by. How they lived through that stuff so that I could be here to have my kids and they could have these kids. God is great man.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Mine just turned 15 months and my dad is head over heels in love with her. It's fun to watch. The only thing that grinds my gears is that he thinks she's an angel that never whines about anything and always eats anything we give her. Also he won't stop bringing over Baby Shark toys and it's gotten to the point where I had to start hiding them all because I can't take hearing that ******* song anymore.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Mine just turned 15 months and my dad is head over heels in love with her. It's fun to watch. The only thing that grinds my gears is that he thinks she's an angel that never whines about anything and always eats anything we give her. Also he won't stop bringing over Baby Shark toys and it's gotten to the point where I had to start hiding them all because I can't take hearing that ******* song anymore.

He’s waited a long time to love and spoil his grand daughter and the reality of her being a handful is your problem not his. You get to raise, educate and love her. He gets to enjoy, spoil and love her. You get to shut up because he earned it! Haha 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

He’s waited a long time to love and spoil his grand daughter and the reality of her being a handful is your problem not his. You get to raise, educate and love her. He gets to enjoy, spoil and love her. You get to shut up because he earned it! Haha 

Oh I don't care that I have to deal with the harder parts. I just don't like the fact that I'm getting gaslighted by a 15-month old.

7 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Oh I don't care that I have to deal with the harder parts. I just don't like the fact that I'm getting gaslighted by a 15-month old.

At least you will be well prepared for the high school and college years because of your experience dealing with that age. When my five where going through high school and college I spent  many of nights thinking slamming my dick in a car door after 8th grade would hand been a much better strategy for all involved.