Are the Jets coaches frustrated with Becton?

On 7/8/2022 at 6:10 PM, DoubleDown said:

Sounds about right.  In the pictures from minicamp, it looked like he was pushing 4 bills.

This is from April. Serious Question - Can anyone honestly say that looks like a professional athlete?

That looks like a very tall, extremely obsese man. His gut is bigger than the woman's pregnancy belly. The coaching staff should be beyond frustrated and anyone still defending him at this point is just laughable. 

Screenshot_20220711-101244_Instagram.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

On 7/8/2022 at 6:21 PM, Jimmy 2 Times said:

He was sweating like he was in a sauna during the press conference on top of labored breathing.

I hope for his health he starts taking it seriously.

Don't forget the labored effort to get up the step onto the stage. Grandma moved smoother after the hip replacement. This guy is going to be doing the conditioning test on one of those Jazzy scooters people use when they are too big to walk anymore.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, McNeil said:

And send a message. Admit your mistake and cut him as soon as the time is right cap wise.

A picture says it all. Boomer Esiason suggested he was at least 390 pounds in that notorious recent mini-camp pic.

When that infamous pic was posted here I merely thought, wow he "looks like a fat ass."

This is organizational failure and JD has to own it. How in God's name they couldn't protect their critically valuable investment in Becton, seems unfathomable. You invest all these resources in a high draft pick yet you can't pay, out of the Jets pocket $, a chef, sous chef, nutritionist, etc to protect your investment? I mean do they just sit at 1 Jets Drive and hope for the best with a case like Becton?

This is a massive failure on Joe D's part. And it has set back one of the most critical positions in football on his Jets watch. To have a stud at LT under a rookie contract is a boon. But not if he's a fat ass.

What’s the message in cutting him?  That the FO is stupid and as impetuous as some  fans?  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

This is from April. Serious Question - Can anyone honestly say that looks like a professional athlete?

That looks like a very tall, extremely obsese man. His gut is bigger than the woman's pregnancy belly. The coaching staff should be beyond frustrated and anyone still defending him at this point is just laughable. 

What gut?  Stop already

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

What’s the message in cutting him?  That the FO is stupid and as impetuous as some  fans?  

It’s more likely he gets placed on the PUP list and separated from the team than an outright cut. The chances he can get down to 360 in 2 weeks seems unlikely. 

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

It’s more likely he gets placed on the PUP list and separated from the team than an outright cut. The chances he can get down to 360 in 2 weeks seems unlikely. 

And besides not having a clue to how much he weighs today, where did you pull this imaginary target of 360 from?  And if he’s not at this imaginary target he’s giving on the PUP list why exactly?  

• Upvote 2

And send a message. Admit your mistake and cut him as soon as the time is right cap wise.
A picture says it all. Boomer Esiason suggested he was at least 390 pounds in that notorious recent mini-camp pic.
When that infamous pic was posted here I merely thought, wow he "looks like a fat ass."
This is organizational failure and JD has to own it. How in God's name they couldn't protect their critically valuable investment in Becton, seems unfathomable. You invest all these resources in a high draft pick yet you can't pay, out of the Jets pocket $, a chef, sous chef, nutritionist, etc to protect your investment? I mean do they just sit at 1 Jets Drive and hope for the best with a case like Becton?
This is a massive failure on Joe D's part. And it has set back one of the most critical positions in football on his Jets watch. To have a stud at LT under a rookie contract is a boon. But not if he's a fat ass.
A lot of what you say i agree with ... but where your assesment is failing is in not first and foremost putting 90% of the blame on Mekhi Becton ... this isnt JV football .... this is a job .... yes there is much invested in him and the Jets should have covered their asses by controlling the environment better ... then some might say .. invasion of privacy ... but first and foremost ... to this point ... it's been a colossal character revealing escapade.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And besides not having a clue to how much he weighs today, where did you pull this imaginary target of 360 from?  And if he’s not at this imaginary target he’s giving on the PUP list why exactly?  

That was the weight he was around when he was drafted. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/8/2022 at 8:19 PM, BCJet said:

This is such a frustrating story to read as a fan, kid has all the talent in the world, all the help that anyone could ever ask for and yet still cant get it together.

Can anyone on this board imagine being 23 (age being important due to metabolism when you are young), having millions of dollars at your disposal to have the an elite nutritionist and chef at your disposal along with having the best coaches money can buy and lastly HAVE NO OTHER JOB and you cant keep your weight under control.

Becton has the means to live a life where every time he opens his fridge he takes out freshly caught salmon or tuna, have steak salads pre-made, multiple meals of chicken and whole grains all while working out every day with Duke and he cant say under FOUR HUNDRED POUNDS?

Its an embarassment and will set our offense back if he isnt ready to play.  I hope JD raises his offer to Reiff as insurance at RT.

Imagine if contracts were fully guaranteed. I wouldn't resign MB to long or big money if he comes in out of shape again this year. I would work the phone until he was traded this season. I'm waiting for people to say it was a sympathy pregnancy, or some other new age bs, if he comes in grossly out of shape, and not ready to participate. 

I think way too much attention has been paid to Bectons weight. He is a BIG man. He was 364 lbs at the combine when he was in good shape. Now three years later and the kid has grown even bigger, so a 10% weight gain is not much. It's quite possible he's at 400 lbs. I say who cares? As long as he plays well and stays on the field.

2 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

?

Okay. Keep your pom-poms going. Good luck with that. 

Really so tell me how much he weighs and what that idiotic picture showed you

Tell how different he looks compared to other OL like Mangold, Woody or others people never used to whine about endlessly 

I don’t need Pom-poms, he’s going to play T no matter how many times you posts about his weight.  

7 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

I think way too much attention has been paid to Bectons weight. He is a BIG man. He was 364 lbs at the combine when he was in good shape. Now three years later and the kid has grown even bigger, so a 10% weight gain is not much. It's quite possible he's at 400 lbs. I say who cares? As long as he plays well and stays on the field.

As long as he plays well and stays on the field.......

2 things he hasnt done well in a long time. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

This was a RB:

704630693.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=750&dpr=1.

Patriots just brought back this physical specimen to start at LT

960x0.jpg?format=jpg&width=960

new-team.jpg

8 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

This was a RB:

704630693.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=750&dpr=1.

Patriots just brought back this physical specimen to start at LT

960x0.jpg?format=jpg&width=960

new-team.jpg

Fair enough. How many pictures can we post of talented athletes that ended up busts because they didn't take care of their bodies or lack of dedication? My guess is the post would be longer. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

Reading comp issues?

Not at all. 

"How many pictures can we post of talented athletes that ended up busts because they didn't take care of their bodies or lack of dedication?"

Pretty sure that implied Bettis was a bust because that picture of 36 was him. 

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Not at all. 

"How many pictures can we post of talented athletes that ended up busts because they didn't take care of their bodies or lack of dedication?"

off topic a bit but if ben does not make that tackle against indy, does Bettis still go to the hall? I would think yes and surely one play does not define a career - but - that was a big play and maybe if anything would have delayed his entrance if they lost?

Always wondered.

8 minutes ago, Trotter said:

off topic a bit but if ben does not make that tackle against indy, does Bettis still go to the hall? I would think yes and surely one play does not define a career - but - that was a big play and maybe if anything would have delayed his entrance if they lost?

Always wondered.

I thinknhis body of work cemented him either way. 

8 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Not at all. 

Um... No, it doesn't. Again, reading comp. 

On 7/11/2022 at 4:19 PM, MichaelScott said:

Don't forget the labored effort to get up the step onto the stage. Grandma moved smoother after the hip replacement. This guy is going to be doing the conditioning test on one of those Jazzy scooters people use when they are too big to walk anymore.

That step was playing to the camera. I hope.

• Sympathy 1

On 7/11/2022 at 10:15 AM, MichaelScott said:

This is from June 20th. What do you think?

image.png

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

This is from June 20th. What do you think?

image.png

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

That Boomers report that Benton 400 lbs is as worthless as the rest of his Jets takes.

Honestly, I think he looks good. I've been vocal about my disappointment and expectations for the man but I'm not going to ignore contrary evidence. I didn't see the original source of that picture and when it was actually taken, but he absolutely looks much better than the picture I posted. 

My expectations are still going to be low until I see something different from him, but I sincerely hope this kid can stay on the field and live up to the potential. He's a huge piece this team absolutely needs. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

Honestly, I think he looks good. I've been vocal about my disappointment and expectations for the man but I'm not going to ignore contrary evidence. I didn't see the original source of that picture and when it was actually taken, but he absolutely looks much better than the picture I posted. 

My expectations are still going to be low until I see something different from him, but I sincerely hope this kid can stay on the field and live up to the potential. He's a huge piece this team absolutely needs. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfCoXVZPZyp/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Posted to Dr Shawn Sadri Instagram on 06/20. Could have been an old photo but he seems to post fairly frequently so I doubt that.