Tony Sirico dead at 79

Tony was my favorite from Sopranos. I met Tony at a charity event. I actually  went there becaise Tiki Barber was also appearing there and I did get to talk to Tiki for a bit bit Tony later walked over to me and just started to talk to me and my wife. He told us all kinds of stories about working on Sopranos and how he became an actor after being a real life criminal. 

Very nice guy. RIP

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/obituaries/tony-sirico-actor-known-role-paulie-sopranos-died-79-rcna37416

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

That man on the Sopranos was genuinely scary, a testament to his acting and also the writing and direction of the show.

Rewatched it a few months ago. Even better than it was watching it weekly. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 3

A funny quote out of the NYT obit:

Early on, however, it sometimes slipped his mind that he had rejected the dark side.

“I was this 30-year-old ex-con villain sitting in a class filled with fresh-faced, serious drama students,” Mr. Sirico recalled in the Daily News interview. The teacher “leaned over to me after I did a scene and whispered, ‘Tony, leave the gun home.’ After so many years of packing a gun, I didn’t even realize I had it with me.”

RIP.

• Sympathy 1

I also got to meet him a few years back at a charity function I did with Teddy Atlas and his foundation.  A nice guy who was Pauly Walnuts all the time and in a room full of athletes like HCarson, BHarper, PSimms, GCooney, people lined up to meet him.

RIP

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Paulie is truly one of the greatest characters ever portrayed.  Loved that dude.  Very sad.  RIP 

The episode he’s telling the Italian prostitute she reminds him of his mother is one of my favorite things I’ve ever watched. Haha 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

The episode he’s telling the Italian prostitute she reminds him of his mother is one of my favorite things I’ve ever watched. Haha 

The next time someone cracks wise with Maxman, you can pay homage to Tony Sirico by saying "That's the boss of this family you're talking to".

• Upvote 1