Monday Night Miracle

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

Thanks for the heads up. I remember watching this game in college and thinking the whole time we had a chance. Maybe the last time I had an optimistic prediction about the jets come true.

Crazy game and night.  Stadium emptied, we started moving out at 30-7 but sat own on the first deck when Coles caught the pass to make it 30-13.  Never saw a stadium allow fans to re enter a stadium, some of the most fun I ever had at a regular season game.  
Seems like a lifetime ago when you rarely if ever lost all hope of winning a game 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Crazy game. I was so jacked I couldn’t go to sleep for a couple of hours after it was over. And what a great season. The flashlight game, Abraham and Ellis rookie seasons, losing to the eventual SB champ Ravens in a final week win and your in game because of a punt return TD and pick 6 outplaying the Ravens everywhere but on the scoreboard.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Useless usenet memory: @More Cowbell,there was this bet involving this game that you were involved in, I recall, and a long running argument with some dude over it named CMan, I think.  How did it end?

No bet. Supposedly because I left the game before the end (Jets were being trashed for 3 qrts so I figured I woukd beat the traffic but about 20,000 fans all had the same idea) he said my actions triggered some Italian curse that he would invoke each game. I think he called it the Malooch but most of us called it SOJ. I remember looking it up and he was spelling it wrong. 

https://www.ciaopittsburgh.com/italian-superstitions-the-evil-eye-malocchio/

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, AFJF said:

That will always be a "remember where you were" game.

I was stationed in Turkey which made it "Tuesday Morning football".

Had to leave for work just after the Jets scored but it was still a blowout.

Walked in to work to see Chrebet scoring a TD and realizing they were back in it.  Was glued to the TV until the final whistle.  

Crazy.

I was in college. Dumb fins fan chick called me to taunt me at half time. I told her the Jets were going to come back and win just like Arnold did at the beginning of the 3rd. Called her up and screamed a J-E-T-S chant in her ear after the game. I think it was like 1am. It was glorious.

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, jgb said:

Wow that’s cool. I was on a first date with this very attractive young lady in college at a sports bar. She asked me to go back to her place in the 3rd quarter when it was looking bleak. I declined and she left in a huff. Never talked to her again. It was worth it.

But apparently I’m not a Real Jets Fan™ because I don’t believe in our current starting QB’s future. ? 

You do realize you saved that young lady's life, right?  ?

• Haha 3

Best part were the videos of Jason Taylor giving the fans shlt because his fins were finally going to beat the Jets.  I think his fish teams had lost something like 10 straight times to the Jets.  By the end of the game when the Jets turned it around to catch the fins and ultimately won the game the videos shows Taylor crying while leaving the Meadowlands a loser once again.  Awesome

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

I was at the game . We never left our seats . Back in the day , we always stayed until 0:00 on the clock (no matter how painful it was) . One of the few great Jet moments .

My son and I bailed out at the half.  15 minute walk to car + 42 mile drive home and we get home and game still in progress.  We watch the rest on TV.  Weird. 

• Upvote 1

I saw the whole game from my seats. From the beginning, the night had a eerie feeling. It started out with two guys getting out of a van in front of the Neptune Diner asking if my name was Tony, I said yes they said get in. I was supposed to meet my friend there he was running late and sent two co workers to pick me up. It felt like one of those Middle Eastern kidnappings. ? 

There we’re other things that happened but would need too much of an explanation. It was just a night I will never forget.

• Upvote 3

21 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Would have liked to have seen a few more years of Parcells GM and Al Groh head coach with that roster.

Outside of that one draft class Parcells was on par with Idzik and Mac when it came to drafting.  Can't set around and wait to have 4 first-round picks to put together a good class.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I was in college. Dumb fins fan chick called me to taunt me at half time. I told her the Jets were going to come back and win just like Arnold did at the beginning of the 3rd. Called her up and screamed a J-E-T-S chant in her ear after the game. I think it was like 1am. It was glorious.

You should treat your mother with more respect even when she’s wrong 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

No bet. Supposedly because I left the game before the end (Jets were being trashed for 3 qrts so I figured I woukd beat the traffic but about 20,000 fans all had the same idea) he said my actions triggered some Italian curse that he would invoke each game. I think he called it the Malooch but most of us called it SOJ. I remember looking it up and he was spelling it wrong. 

https://www.ciaopittsburgh.com/italian-superstitions-the-evil-eye-malocchio/

That game is the prime example of why you never leave a game early. I never understood the rationale for leaving early. After investing all that time already, why try to "beat the traffic " to get home 1-2 hours early and risk missing out on a memory of a lifetime. I had tickets for 41 years and I never missed a kickoff and never left early. If you plan on spending the day/night at the game, spend the day/night there.

That game was a top 5 Jets game to attend.  I will never forget that game. Just incredible. 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

That game is the prime example of why you never leave a game early. I never understood the rationale for leaving early. After investing all that time already, why try to "beat the traffic " to get home 1-2 hours early and risk missing out on a memory of a lifetime. I had tickets for 41 years and I never missed a kickoff and never left early. If you plan on spending the day/night at the game, spend the day/night there.

That game was a top 5 Jets game to attend.  I will never forget that game. Just incredible. 

Cman?

If it's you, try Yimakh shemo.

It's a Jewish curse and much more relevant for me.

So my best friend was a Fin fan and sent me a "hahahahahaha" type email around the middle of the 3rd qtr, then he went to bed a happy Fin fan. He shoulda waited just a bit longer before hitting the send button!

I had just installed a small hot tub on my back deck the day before and hung a small TV out the kitchen window to watch the game while getting my soak on. Needless to say my neighbors were NOT impressed with all the screaming and yelling coming from my hot tub at 1am in the morning!

• Sympathy 2

3 hours ago, AFJF said:

Outside of that one draft class Parcells was on par with Idzik and Mac when it came to drafting.  Can't set around and wait to have 4 first-round picks to put together a good class.

Well that 2000 class was a hit and having the foresight to trade Keyshawn was smart.

Additionally, I think Parcells-GM would have stayed on and been a mentor to Groh and helped oversee practice and game-planning. 

I think that combo would have been better than Herm and Bradway thats for sure, and that roster was damn good.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Well that 2000 class was a hit and having the foresight to trade Keyshawn was smart.

Additionally, I think Parcells-GM would have stayed on and been a mentor to Groh and helped oversee practice and game-planning. 

I think that combo would have been better than Herm and Bradway thats for sure, and that roster was damn good.

8 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

The mentorship would've been nice but the players would have been terrible.

BP had to go as GM.

• Upvote 1

On 7/9/2022 at 2:42 PM, Jet Nut said:

Crazy game and night.  Stadium emptied, we started moving out at 30-7 but sat own on the first deck when Coles caught the pass to make it 30-13.  Never saw a stadium allow fans to re enter a stadium, some of the most fun I ever had at a regular season game.  
Seems like a lifetime ago when you rarely if ever lost all hope of winning a game 

What a great night.   I would have missed it if Flipper fans weren't such a**holes.   Was getting ready to leave and started getting heckled by some Dofins fans behind me ...was like f it, i'm staying.   Most fun I've ever had harassing rival fans.

• Upvote 2

Took my (now) wife to this game, her first ever Jets game.  Got there at the start of the 2nd quarter because of work and traffic and people were leaving the stadium.  Great night, went to Noodle town on Bowery after the game and got home around 3 am! 

• Upvote 2

it never gets old.  the best thing was watching jason taylor all similes and happy when the cameras were on him and the doltfins were winning and then showing him at the end.  another interesting point is groh had the courage to pull vinny out for a series when things weren't going so.  good to see a coach not afraid to pull a starter when he's not playing well.  he got vinny's head back into the game.

I re-watch this every couple of years. Question: Are there any posters on here who was at the game? Did you leave early, and if so, are you still kicking yourself? So here's the YouTube version I like to watch...come in at the 3rd qtr. Really fun! What a throw back to some of our beloved players we haven't talked about in years.

The CRAZIEST Monday Night Comeback! (Dolphins vs. Jets 2000, Week ? - YouTube

Edit: How do I embed YouTube vids? This link seems to not do anything when clicked...thanks!