6 Over/Under Questions for 2022 Season

2022 Over/Under Questions  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Over/Under: Zach Wilson 4007.5 Yards Passing?

• WAY OVER
    • Over
    • Under
    • WAY UNDER
  2. 2. Over/Under: Michael Carter and Breece Hall combined 1599.5 yards rushing?

• WAY OVER
    • Over
    • Under
    • WAY UNDER
  3. 3. Over/Under: Garrett Wilson and Elijah Moore combined 120.5 receptions?

• WAY OVER
    • Over
    • Under
    • WAY UNDER
  4. 4. Over/Under: Carl Lawson 7.75 Sacks?

• WAY OVER
    • Over
    • Under
    • WAY UNDER
  5. 5. Over/Under: Jermaine Johnson 4.75 Sacks?

• WAY OVER
    • Over
    • Under
    • WAY UNDER
  6. 6. Over/Under: Sauce Gardner 4.5 Interceptions?

• WAY OVER
    • Over
    • Under
    • WAY UNDER

I've been predicting our QB would throw 4k yards every year for years so I took the under this time. Took it on most of them. I took the over on JJ's sacks. I think he can get 5 maybe. Hoping for the over on all of these but if I was putting money, this is how I'd bet the Jets' luck would go. Hope I'm wrong.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Under on all but Hall/Carter.   They are going to be one of the most dynamics backfields in the league and the Jets will be top 5 in attempts. 

Unless they’re playing from behind like they did almost all of the previous three seasons.

My only over is the rushing yards. Only 11 players had over 4.5 interceptions last season. I think JJ is gonna be more Bryan Thomas than John Abraham. Hoping for the best from Lawson coming off the achilles, but he hasn’t posted more than 5.5 sacks since his rookie year. Both players will be in a heavy rotation. Passing production will not set any team records and a lot of it will flow thru the TEs and RBs. 

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Drums said:

I didnt take the over on the rushing because I think theyll combine for around 1400 as a duo with Berrios and some others bringing that number to 1600-1700. 

Jets had 1667 rushing yards last year, good for 27th in the league. I’m expecting them to be in the neighborhood of 2000 or more this year. That would put them middle of the pack. Hall and MC2 putting up 80% of that total seems about right, with the standard health caveat. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, slats said:

Jets had 1667 rushing yards last year, good for 27th in the league. I’m expecting them to be in the neighborhood of 2000 or more this year. That would put them middle of the pack. Hall and MC2 putting up 80% of that total seems about right, with the standard health caveat. 

Yeah, I checked the stats before voting and noticed we had a LOT of RBs contribute. Hopefully it will be less this year with the top two getting the most but there's still Berrios, Zach, Coleman, and anyone that steps in due to injuries so that swayed my vote with regards to total yards by just the duo. I believe they can do it but Carter has to show he can stay healthy, and hopefully Hall doesn't have that issue. If Becton plays the majority of games at either LT or RT, it should be easy money. 

Also my 1600-1700 total rushing yards was for sure conservative but I always get burned (even though this is probably one of our best rosters on paper since Rex).

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, slats said:

Hey @jetsons, if you’re gonna vote WAY OVER in every category, the least you can do is drop a paragraph in here to explain your thought process. 

Thanks. 

Asking people to explain magical thinking is a waste of time. If they try to give you a substantive response, it will fail to satisfy. But most likely you will just be accused of hatin’ as a substitute for critical thought.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, jgb said:

Asking people to explain magical thinking is a waste of time. If they try to give you a substantive response, it will fail to satisfy. But most likely you will just be accused of hatin’ as a substitute for critical thought.

9 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Zach is the only over for me.   Zach's moms BFF is a quarterback whisperer.  

Actually this explanation is pretty satisfying compared to any other. Hot Milf play = Hot QB play? Science!

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Why did you choose 4,007.5 as the passing yards number?  (instead of a round number like 4,000)

Tuscany. I believe that Joe threw for 4007 yards in the 1970 (first QB to ever pass for over 4000) season so poster went a half yard over 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, CSNY said:

Tuscany. I believe that Joe threw for 4007 yards in the 1970 (first QB to ever pass for over 4000) season so poster went a half yard over 

Ah, nice!   I knew there had to be something of significance there.   Thanks!